Author Topic: "Army of the Confederation of the Rhine"???  (Read 4297 times)

Offline Duc de Elchingen

• Sergeant Major
  • Comte de la Fère
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Enjolras
  • Side: Union
"Army of the Confederation of the Rhine"???
« on: March 09, 2014, 10:51:58 am »
I've always wanted to create an "Army" or "Brigade," but I never seem to find any good regiments who are willing to join.
I created a regiment that's historically a duchies regiment that belonged to the "Confederation of the Rhine." I was thinking of making a "Army of the Confederation of the Rhine," would it succeed? would any regiments be interested in joining?  I think it would be an awesome group of regiments and would spend plenty of time in LBs… IF I do I would accept any regiment, preferring Franco-German regs, but those seem very few…

Good idea? Bad idea?

Offline Radagast

• Private
    • View Profile
Re: "Army of the Confederation of the Rhine"???
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 12:53:22 pm »
I would, it's going to be a good. Idea

Offline Duc de Elchingen

• Sergeant Major
  • Comte de la Fère
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 01:33:39 pm »
Your regiment would join?

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 01:48:58 pm »
I think one thread for this will be more then enough. ;)

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 01:31:04 am »
If you want to make such an ambitious project make yourself a name in the community first. It's a lot easier to get people to join if they know who you are and that you have the ability to lead not only a small line of 12 people but have been consistently and long lasting in your projects. There are some armies around as far as I know, e.g. the IVe Corps, a french speaking Corps of multiple regiments (Line, Grens, Skirms, Cav and Arty). They have been around for 3 years already I believe - it is possible to form something like that.

Anyways good luck with your endeavours.  ;)

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 01:36:08 am »
I would love to see that sort of thing, but... not when the regiments in it are like the "Republic of Cookies." :\

Offline Duc de Elchingen

• Sergeant Major
  • Comte de la Fère
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 01:38:01 am »
I would love to see that sort of thing, but... not when the regiments in it are like the "Republic of Cookies." :\

Republic of Cookies has nothing to do with any regimental thing...

Offline Duc de Elchingen

• Sergeant Major
  • Comte de la Fère
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 01:43:17 am »
If you want to make such an ambitious project make yourself a name in the community first. It's a lot easier to get people to join if they know who you are and that you have the ability to lead not only a small line of 12 people but have been consistently and long lasting in your projects. There are some armies around as far as I know, e.g. the IVe Corps, a french speaking Corps of multiple regiments (Line, Grens, Skirms, Cav and Arty). They have been around for 3 years already I believe - it is possible to form something like that.

How do you make a name in NW with all the big regiments who everyone wants to join and has no respect for a regiment like what we are?

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 01:45:54 am »
The thread is in the regiments board, so I only assumed. :o

But seriously, I like the idea. What sort of regiments would you be looking for? Bavarian, Saxonian, Westphalian, Nassaun, etc.? I'd assume you'd seek the Principalities and Dutchies as much as you would the Kingdoms and Grand Duchies?

Offline Duc de Elchingen

• Sergeant Major
  • Comte de la Fère
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 01:47:09 am »
The thread is in the regiments board, so I only assumed. :o

But seriously, I like the idea. What sort of regiments would you be looking for? Bavarian, Saxonian, Westphalian, Nassaun, etc.? I'd assume you'd seek the Principalities and Dutchies as much as you would the Kingdoms and Grand Duchies?

Sorry, I didn't know where to put it  :o

I would love any regiment for now, but preferably somewhere like the ones you listed… As long as the would co-operate…
Should I make a thread for it?

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 01:56:24 am »

How do you make a name in NW with all the big regiments who everyone wants to join and has no respect for a regiment like what we are?
Even the big regiments started small. It's all about dedication and how much work you put into it. I don't think people disrespect new regiments as long as they survive longer than a month and don't call their leader "General" while he commands a bunch of 7 men and have an Officer-Ranker ratio of 80% - 20%.

I have never heard of you, no offense. I don't know your regiment nor you, so I assume you are a NA player. I am afraid there are not many regiments around of states who were part of the Confederation of the Rhine simply because they were mostly marching with the French and the Grande Armée took all the glory. But you could always ask regiments of other nations if they want to change name to something related with the CdR.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 02:03:41 am »
As said above, I would definitely recommend that you work on making a name for yourself/your group, so that you can grow into it. Being too ambitious can actually be bad! Start off with one regiment, build connections, and work towards it. It's definitely not something that can happen just over night. Though, it's a great idea, and I recommend you work hard at it! ;)

Offline Duc de Elchingen

• Sergeant Major
  • Comte de la Fère
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 02:12:46 am »
As said above, I would definitely recommend that you work on making a name for yourself/your group, so that you can grow into it. Being too ambitious can actually be bad! Start off with one regiment, build connections, and work towards it. It's definitely not something that can happen just over night. Though, it's a great idea, and I recommend you work hard at it! ;)

Cool ok, I will do so, It's just hard getting recruits these days :/

Offline Duc de Elchingen

• Sergeant Major
  • Comte de la Fère
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 02:14:40 am »

Even the big regiments started small. It's all about dedication and how much work you put into it. I don't think people disrespect new regiments as long as they survive longer than a month and don't call their leader "General" while he commands a bunch of 7 men and have an Officer-Ranker ratio of 80% - 20%.

I have never heard of you, no offense. I don't know your regiment nor you, so I assume you are a NA player. I am afraid there are not many regiments around of states who were part of the Confederation of the Rhine simply because they were mostly marching with the French and the Grande Armée took all the glory. But you could always ask regiments of other nations if they want to change name to something related with the CdR.

But the big regiments (now) although started small, started when the game began! They had more opportunity to gain a name, while we have to fight for our lives daily...

I won't be so specific of the CdR for the regiments, but yah we are NA, we've been on a month :P  and I'm not a general xP
But I will work to getting a "Name"

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 02:24:57 am »
I did not meant you with those exampls it was more of a general statement.

Indeed the older regiments had more time to build a name so yeah it's generally harder for new regiments to establish themselves. It takes some time, so don't rush it, but show dedication.  :)