Author Topic: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive  (Read 735401 times)

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
« Reply #6195 on: May 08, 2018, 07:37:23 pm »
Yeah, although I'd really wish it to happen, NBK joining the team back after what happened, his difference of opinions with Shox and the 'pseudo' drama which they had on twitter following NBK's interview on Vakarm.net (I don't think its necesseraly something bad like they hate eachother but they certainly aren't best friends either) make it rather unlikely.

Ultimately it they go for the Legend spot, it means two of the remaining trio will be left without a team and I am not sure what real opportunities they have, regardless of who get picked to join G2. While if G2 goes for another player to make their 5th, then the possibility of NBK/Apex/Boddy making a team is less likely even if not completly obvious. (Not sure wherever or not they would still want to play together and / or Mixwell would still say with them if they do so).

As per usual, wait and see. I am not too fuzzed either way, I just want to have a national team to cheer for. Even if Shox gets the team he wants, doesn't mean they will automatically starts winning tournaments.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 07:41:29 pm by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #6196 on: May 08, 2018, 10:17:54 pm »
Scream is obviously a good choice. That being said though, I really hope they keep Mixwell.

People talk some smack about him, but Mixwell on their ECS matches, played well most matches for IEM although there was 1 where he didn't do great, but at the same time neither did apeX. I want them to keep that extremely strong double awp CT side. Thats where they need to bank their money. Mixwell has shown he can do T perfectly fine along with the others as well. Maybe not as well as Scream though, either way you trade out.
Mixwell has to speak in English while team speaks in French. Major disadvantage tbf
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Lightning.

• Saviour
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_LCoH_Lightning
« Reply #6197 on: May 08, 2018, 10:21:08 pm »
Scream is obviously a good choice. That being said though, I really hope they keep Mixwell.

People talk some smack about him, but Mixwell on their ECS matches, played well most matches for IEM although there was 1 where he didn't do great, but at the same time neither did apeX. I want them to keep that extremely strong double awp CT side. Thats where they need to bank their money. Mixwell has shown he can do T perfectly fine along with the others as well. Maybe not as well as Scream though, either way you trade out.
Mixwell has to speak in English while team speaks in French. Major disadvantage tbf

Wasnt he taking french classes since then?

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #6198 on: May 08, 2018, 10:25:45 pm »

Wasnt he taking french classes since then?
According to the HLTV article he understands French but can't think/translate it fast enough so he just says it in English to save those valuable seconds in-game.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #6199 on: May 11, 2018, 11:41:51 am »
Idk if you guys heard, but ESEA promoted out of main to Advanced, who went 0-7. Everyone is screaming that its because they are girls.

Found this gem on RDDT earlier:
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #6200 on: May 11, 2018, 12:11:53 pm »
It’s obviously some stupid marketing ploy. ESEA claim to be the route to professional CS but are more worried about commercial areas than merit and competition. If CLG red had any respect for the system, then they would refuse the invite. They’ve been given a free pass for too long.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6201 on: May 11, 2018, 12:13:22 pm »
Well actually, they say they applied. BUT they were accepted over like 7 other teams who did twice, if not three times better than them in the last like 2 main seasons. Its been 7 seasons of main for CLG red and they literally never once came close to qualifying lol

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6202 on: May 11, 2018, 12:35:48 pm »
If this was reversed then it would be sexism but apparently it’s not the same

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #6203 on: May 11, 2018, 04:31:36 pm »
It's honestly complete b.s. Benita has it pinned on her twitter like she's proud. You should be embarrassed to be given a free pass that you do not deserve.

Offline Alexander

• Colonel
  • https://twitter.com/6motm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6204 on: May 13, 2018, 08:31:32 am »
It's honestly complete b.s. Benita has it pinned on her twitter like she's proud. You should be embarrassed to be given a free pass that you do not deserve.

i was beating Benita in a qualifier (we ended up winning the qualifier and attended the LAN) and the whole time she was shit talking me and calling me an onliner (someone who isnt good at LAN for those who dont know)

i hate to use stats as judgement but...

my LAN stats:  https://www.hltv.org/stats/players/events/13230/motm?matchType=Lan

Benita's: https://www.hltv.org/stats/players/events/1944/bENITA?matchType=Lan

overall stats @ LAN
Former leader of NA's - 5th, 75th 
Former Lt of the 54th
Former CSjt of 71st
https://twitter.com/6motm
https://www.twitch.tv/motm

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6205 on: May 13, 2018, 09:56:33 am »
Oh yeah for sure.

The thing that always gets me though, is that CLG Red literally doesn't even play well at Female only events, let alone in Advanced etc.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6206 on: May 14, 2018, 09:59:09 am »
Not sure what Valve is thinking about with this new conflict of interest rule. Unless there is evidence of match fixing then why change it?

For those of you who don't know, financially conflicted organisations such as lets say, Refresh eSports (Astralis, Godsent and Heroic) and SK Gaming (SK Lineup, NTC Lineup, fnx, kng etc. from Immortals) will no longer be able to have more than 1 team attend a tournament or Major. Essentially, unless you are like Envy (Envy Academy has had a better run recently though lel), Fnatic etc. who have Academy teams who participate in Main, MDL etc. Organisations are being forced to sell their teams as they can only control 1 at a time at a top level.

I think its silly really, unless there is evidence of match fixing, which Valve lawyers could ask to be provided, then they should just be allowed to carry on like they were.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #6207 on: May 14, 2018, 02:08:50 pm »
I mean at the moment it's not a problem but imagine for example if nV was the best team in the world and winning most events and then nV academy was 2nd best team in world and winning or topping most events. Then nV would control the top of the scene with double the chances of success etc. And who would want to see the same org play against themselves in big events/LAN etc. Imagine the grand final of A big lan coming down to 2 teams from the same org. Wouldn't be good.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6208 on: May 14, 2018, 02:39:05 pm »
Yeah but thats my point its not like that therefor it doesn't need to be changed.

Think about really what you just said though, what would an org actually benefit by getting their players to throw, if they are BOTH at the final of a big lan, nothing, BECAUSE THE ORG STILL GETS THE SAME CUT. Refresh wouldnt get a bigger cut or financial gain if Godsent beat Astralis would it, its exactly the same. Players still get the same cut for winnings. Only their salaries would be different.

If Astralis faced Godsent in a group stage, wouldnt matter because either way 1 of their teams wins.

Its overthinking.

Who the fuck cares if a financial sponsor, sponsors 2 teams that are at the same tourney. Now if there were teams like "SK A Team vs SK B Team" in the final of a lan I would understand because that shits retarded.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6209 on: May 14, 2018, 03:57:44 pm »
Sorry I can’t imagine Envy being the best team in the world, can you change your analogy please?