Author Topic: Kingdom Come: Deliverance (Next big RPG?)  (Read 43532 times)

AeroNinja

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance (Next big RPG?)
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2014, 05:09:33 pm »
I don't mind them releasing several episodes they have said episode 1 will have 24 hours of game play per play though and I plan to play all 3 roles/classes. And all the other episodes will have the same if not more. By releasing them separately we get them sooner rather than having to wait like an extra year.
+1 fully agreed with this.

Offline Bramif

• Donator
  • Lolern lærer mand!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bramif
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2014, 08:23:14 pm »
I don't mind them releasing several episodes they have said episode 1 will have 24 hours of game play per play though and I plan to play all 3 roles/classes. And all the other episodes will have the same if not more. By releasing them separately we get them sooner rather than having to wait like an extra year.
But the extra money you will have to pay  :'( :'(

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2014, 09:01:59 pm »
If you can't afford it then get a job. ;)
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2014, 12:10:43 am »

Who said anyone couldn't afford it? It's a matter of principle.

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2014, 12:13:52 am »
They are doing/done a AMA on reddit. thought you guys might be interested.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1y5yj1/we_are_warhorse_studios_developers_of_kingdom/

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2014, 02:08:56 am »
It is the way of life, everyone is looking to make as much money as they can, why shouldnt they?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2014, 03:10:24 am »
It is the way of life, everyone is looking to make as much money as they can, why shouldnt they?

That's a debatable theory. Even so, succumbing to such an anti-consumerist system is dumb regardless of your economic and moral beliefs. Spending more money for something that features less content and value is just a bad financial decision regardless of the product or industry that it's a part of. Not wanting to spend money on something isn't something only for poor people - it's common sense. On the flip side, spending more money for something that isn't worth it simply because you can afford it is just stupid.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2014, 12:07:50 pm »
This game will supposedly give me 72 hours of gameplay, how is it paying more for less? The majority of games nowadays gives you no where near as much.  And allso what is "worth it" is also very debatable because of preferences.

Offline Bramif

• Donator
  • Lolern lærer mand!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2014, 03:12:32 pm »
Lel, i do have a job but that doesn't change the fact that you'll have to pay a lot of money for it... I for one have decided not to buy because of this episode thingy...  :'(

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2014, 03:20:51 pm »
Lel, i do have a job but that doesn't change the fact that you'll have to pay a lot of money for it... I for one have decided not to buy because of this episode thingy...  :'(
That's like saying (if you liked CoD) that you wont buy CoD because they bring out multiple games for a singular story often....... or Assassins Creed.

Offline Bramif

• Donator
  • Lolern lærer mand!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2014, 03:27:35 pm »
That's like saying (if you liked CoD) that you wont buy CoD because they bring out multiple games for a singular story often....... or Assassins Creed.
Exactly!  :D I only have 2 Assassins creed games and 1 Cod game  :-*

EDIT: Btw their stories isn't exactly the best...  :P

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2014, 03:33:21 pm »
This game will supposedly give me 72 hours of gameplay, how is it paying more for less? The majority of games nowadays gives you no where near as much.  And allso what is "worth it" is also very debatable because of preferences.

So because the industry standard is lower nowadays, our own standards for games should also decrease? A game like this would not be all that extraordinary ten years ago. Games like Morrowind offered around 200 hours in content, and Skyrim offered around 50 hours. Is Skyrim just as good as Morrowind simply because most games feature less than 50 hours on content nowadays? No.

Sure, if you prefer to spend more money for a game with less content than it's worth then be my guest. I'll wait to see what else they reveal before getting too excited about this.

Correct. Games like that shouldn't be bought either. The entire modern Call of Duty franchise can be experienced simply by playing COD 4. There's no difference in any game after that.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 03:35:43 pm by Nipplestockings »

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2014, 04:14:35 pm »
Yet people still buy them. :)

Companies simply will not give themselves more work for less money. It would just be pointless for them, they know they can get off with it now a days. But I guess we have different views so lets not discuss them on this thread and just leave it.

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2014, 06:53:24 pm »
Well if indie developers start doing it then we really have reached a low point. And for a RPG being this 'size' I find 72 hours not alot of hours to entertain myself

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2014, 07:13:03 pm »
Well if indie developers start doing it then we really have reached a low point. And for a RPG being this 'size' I find 72 hours not alot of hours to entertain myself
I suppose but its their first game? Surely we should give them a chance to improve on their mistakes in the future. I think they said act 2 would be longer.  :-*