Author Topic: Political correctness  (Read 11527 times)

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
  • Side: Confederacy
Political correctness
« on: January 15, 2014, 11:26:23 pm »
What do you guys think of the enormous increase of overwhelming political correctness over the last couple of centuries?

For example; nowadays people feel morally objected to believe that non-europeans stand on the higher moral ground and that all of the problems in the world is because of the white man. When Nelson Mandela past away, some of my 'non-political' friends started to post images of him stating "You are the best that ever happened". I asked them if they knew that he was a commie and were a part of several terrorist acts, people called me a racist...
a nice video of Mandela singing a beautiful song :)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKiePbTcAfY[/youtube]
[close]

Political correctness is choking our democracy and freedom of speech.

So what do y'all think? I expect pretty diverse opinions but I trust you know the rules. If things get's out of hand I'll just lock the thread :)

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Political correctness
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 11:37:08 pm »
Eh, I don't like it when people aren't able to really express themselves due to political correctness, and it's really annoying to see people use it as a weapon, it would be nice if people had tact and didn't need the threat of political correctness to not act like a dick :'(
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 12:15:36 am »
Most political correctness is extremely idiotic but at the end of the day...words are words and its the tone behind them that gives them meaning. If you were for example, just to say "faggot" with a regular tone and calmly, it would be hard to interpret that as hateful because you are not saying that with hate. But if you yelled "faggot" angrily at a gay guy, it's obviously you are a hateful bigot.
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 12:17:57 am »
another politics thread?

Live long and prosper (if it survives)

Seriously man, you want a warning this early? don't post crap.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 01:15:19 am by SeanBeansShako »

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 12:18:48 am »
another politics thread?

*communist takeover initiate*
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Madbull

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Grd_Madbull
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 12:26:08 am »
another politics thread?

I think by whites he meant the pro-Apartheid whites and what not, there were many white South Africans that supported him.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 01:16:00 am by SeanBeansShako »

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 12:30:38 am »
People should try and be Politcally Correct. I mean for the sake of not insulting people. You don't see me calling Bavarians the same as Hamburgians.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 12:32:41 am »
another politics thread?

I think by whites he meant the pro-Apartheid whites and what not, there were many white South Africans that supported him.
I know, I've done some research on the video.

a nice video of Mandela singing a beautiful song :)
With this line I felt the need to correct
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 01:16:14 am by SeanBeansShako »

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 12:46:28 am »
Political correctness is just an excuse for people to get butthurt.

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 12:56:54 am »
People should try and be Politcally Correct. I mean for the sake of not insulting people. You don't see me calling Bavarians the same as Hamburgians.
I don't get the whole "not insulting people" aspect of it. What kind of deluded fantasy do we all want to live in where no one gets offended or insulted? Insulting and offending someone or something if done creatively can inspire them to think. For example, if someone (who knows who  ::)) insults the principles of religion and that offends a person, you have forced that person to think and attempt to strengthen their argument and if their argument isn't strong in the first place, they'll realize that--unless their a completely delusion nutbag.
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 01:01:54 am »
I don't get the whole "not insulting people" aspect of it. What kind of deluded fantasy do we all want to live in where no one gets offended or insulted? Insulting and offending someone or something if done creatively can inspire them to think. For example, if someone (who knows who  ::)) insults the principles of religion and that offends a person, you have forced that person to think and attempt to strengthen their argument and if their argument isn't strong in the first place, they'll realize that--unless their a completely delusion nutbag.
Sometimes you have to insult someone to really get the point across, but in general if you can avoid hurting them, you should avoid it, aside from the obvious 'it's not very friendly' thing, it can just make you look like an ass and hurt your argument. Devolving the discussion into a bandying about of insults is never a good thing.
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 01:05:12 am »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_privilege

Look at it, look at this equality and correctness.

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 01:14:59 am »
Sometimes you have to insult someone to really get the point across, but in general if you can avoid hurting them, you should avoid it, aside from the obvious 'it's not very friendly' thing, it can just make you look like an ass and hurt your argument. Devolving the discussion into a bandying about of insults is never a good thing.
Well obviously, I'm not saying "hurt people to hurt people" but don't be overly sensitive and afraid to use dreaded "cussing" or a raise in tone and harshness. Depending on your tone in the situation, it can make it clear that you are passionate on the topic. But everything is relative to the situation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_privilege

Look at it, look at this equality and correctness.
+1 for Meney
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 01:18:18 am »
I just meant that call people what they want to be called is all. And avoiding stupid steriotypes. Other than that I'm good.

Kind of want to change my vote now :/
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 01:27:02 am »
I just meant that call people what they want to be called is all. And avoiding stupid steriotypes. Other than that I'm good.

Kind of want to change my vote now :/
what do you think this is? Communist Russia? You don't get to change your vote
Fuck off, Nazi scum