Author Topic: NW factions editing help!  (Read 1252 times)

Offline BlackNight

• Private
    • View Profile
NW factions editing help!
« on: January 10, 2014, 12:54:42 pm »
Hello!
I am new in modding and i ask my self if i can add new factions to NW or just rename them i mean edit the factions that already exist?
And one more question...
Can i somehow add new type off cannon into the game?Like Cannon/Horwitzer and Wooden cannon...?

Offline The Cookie Monster

• Volunteer
  • I Eat Your Cookies When You Sleep.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cookie Monster
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NW factions editing help!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 01:10:14 pm »
Now Make sure you have the module system set up if u want to edit/add factions.

If you want to edit a faction open "Module_Factions" Then, rename the faction and change the fac_(whatever) to whatever you rename the faction too. Then i will click build module so i can see everything i need to change :).

If you want a more detailed guide look on the taleworlds forum  ;)

Offline DanyEle

• FSE Associate
  • Sssh! I'm coding, don't disturb :D
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DanyEle
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: NW factions editing help!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 04:09:20 pm »
Hello!
I am new in modding and i ask my self if i can add new factions to NW or just rename them i mean edit the factions that already exist?
And one more question...
Can i somehow add new type off cannon into the game?Like Cannon/Horwitzer and Wooden cannon...?

Well, what exactly do you want to do? What the man above suggested isn't completely wrong, but not completely correct either. I tried to implement a new faction and after searching in the entire module system i finally found the correct script where you could add/remove factions to the factions selector presentation line. Editing factions and faction' names is waaaaay easier than implementing a brand new one though, and i'd suggest that you try to do that first.
Implementing new cannons is certainly possible: we implemented new mortars and artillery pieces in Iron Europe

If you're a new modder, try this guide by my fellow modder Willhelm

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=11836.0