Author Topic: Karl Heinz Rosch Monument  (Read 2505 times)

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Karl Heinz Rosch Monument
« on: January 08, 2014, 07:49:08 am »
Let have a proper discussion lads.

heres the article
http://www.warhistoryonline.com/war-articles/controversial-memorial-honor-wwii-german-soldier-karl-heinz-rosch.html

Main goal of discussion - should we have monument dedicated to specific act of unselfish sacrifical action despite which side the person was on? 

Personally I like the original preposition they had, showing the monument of 5 civillians exceuted by the Wehrmacht and yet another monument dedicated to a soldier who saved two kids. Show the two side of the Wehrmacht. To remind everyone that they were humans too but yes, they also did commit artocities. This really just show me "That was WW2, everyone was saving each other asses and committing war crimes"

Just curious to hear the rest of your stand on this.

Also, Please do not start an argument unless you have a good logical point to back yourself. I dont want to see this to be another thread where Facist folks can come and heil each other or communist coming in throwing molotovs all over this thread. Please just get out if you looking to do that.

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
Re: Karl Heinz Rosch Monument
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 09:02:50 am »
what nationanality were the children? were they German? Or were they a country the Germans had invaded and taken the Jews?

In my opinion, it should have more to the story, you cant decide if he does or not just by looking at this short article, you would have to look at his past doings eg did he kill any Jews himself. thats just one example, there are so many factors into doing this, they want to honoura German WWII soldier, i mean how socially unacceptable can you get?

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 10:25:28 am »
Aah, the Netherlands. Where the Jews act like the holocaust was yesterday if anyone dares to speak a nice word about the Germans in WW2.

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
  • 84e. Est. 2010. Official Non-Regiment Hopper.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Friedrich
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 11:18:40 am »
what nationanality were the children? were they German? Or were they a country the Germans had invaded and taken the Jews?

In my opinion, it should have more to the story, you cant decide if he does or not just by looking at this short article, you would have to look at his past doings eg did he kill any Jews himself. thats just one example, there are so many factors into doing this, they want to honoura German WWII soldier, i mean how socially unacceptable can you get?
Sorry, but honestly: Did you read the article? I think not. Read, then make an argument again.

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 11:40:48 am »
I read quite a lot of it, there was only a few sentences left where I stopped.

I wasn't trying to start an argument, was pointing out my point of view on the situation.

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 05:05:31 pm »
Well George, he was in the Luftwaffe (you can note his collar tab), its highly unlikely he did anything with the Jews. (i know I said Wehrmacht in first post, the article made a tiny mistake, take a closer look at his collar tab, theyre yellow and has a bird wing) 

Could be a Land battalion or flak-artillerie gunner. I found another article last night, saying it was Allied Bombardment, not a grenade.  However, George, i see where you come in with the question. Not seeing anything offensive. Its cool.  I wish there was more information though, most article say the same.

Perhap i could look into the regiments history in that specific time. Will see about that.

One thing that surprise me, "possibly the only one monument dedicated to ww2 german in europe or the world"   I ask the German people on this forum, you dont even have monument to fallen ww2 germans? Or is this like different?

Offline Bramif

• Donator
  • Lolern lærer mand!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bramif
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 06:08:40 pm »

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 06:21:01 pm »
Deo, sadly the unit he was in makes no difference to the popular opinion. In the eyes of most people, but especially in the eyes of Jewish organizations, every German is the same.

A graveyard somewhere in the Netherlands held the graves of some allied soldiers, as well as some Luftwaffe personel that crashed around the area during the war. During the 4th of May (That's the Commemoration of the Death-day) the mayor of the city wanted to organize a walk passed the graves, including the Luftwaffe personal. A local choir would then sing a few songs, including a German one. Sounds very peaceful, right? But what if these Germans were actually war criminals? No worries: the city hired a researcher who showed that all men had a completely clean record and were just a few poor sods who had the misfortune to be born in Nazi-Germany.

So all was well, was it not? Nope. A Jewish organization went on full alert, said this was a smack in the face of all Holocaust-victims and -survivors, and so on. They put so much pressure on the city council that the mayor decided to cancel the song, but would still have the walk-past the graves. The Jews were still not content, but I've forgotten whether the mayor also cancelled the walk or not. In any regard, it shows how things are here.

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 07:02:21 pm »
Ahh yeah, the most extremely sticky subject out there. Not to be racist or anything, but it is quite annoying when they do that. For pete sake, they're dead. Let the dead rest and pay respect to the dead of course. I would pay respect to any fallen soldiers despite which side they fought on.

Im surprised to find some monument to some SS units like Wiking from the link that Bramif just showed us.  But that is quite alot of monument to the German soldiers of ww2 and ww1. Alot enough to disprove "The only monument to Germans of ww2 in Europe" 

Offline Joseph Graham

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 07:10:12 pm »
The Wehrmacht was more than just the infantry; it referred to the German military as a whole. That is literally the only thing I find twitchy about this article. Apart from that it's an interesting concept, and very noble.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 07:11:45 pm »
In their defence, Deo, Europa suffered quite a bit more under WW2 then the United states. I'm not entirely happy with the amount of happy Americans playing SS and defending it with either 'right to re-enact' or 'ya can't have cowboys and Indians without the Indians hurhurhur!'.

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 07:37:46 pm »
That is true Duuring, pretty much accurate. I cant get in the European shoe to understand. Best just to respect it and carry on.

The SS reenactors are starting to get pretty freaky for me. I used to dont mind the SS reenactors at all. But now, I've so much friend request on fb, and i find the most Right wing moods or obivious skinhead lies mostly in ss reenactors. Which start to get pretty freaky. 

The Wehrmacht was more than just the infantry; it referred to the German military as a whole. That is literally the only thing I find twitchy about this article. Apart from that it's an interesting concept, and very noble.

Yeah I noticed that. But I agree, Noble and interesting.