Author Topic: Dungeons & Dragons Discussion  (Read 4466 times)

Offline The Nutty Pig

• Donator
  • It wasn't easy being cheesy.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Dungeons & Dragons Discussion
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 09:57:11 am »
Playing as a high level bard:

Offline DoctorWarband

• Colonel
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DoctorWarbandHD
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2013, 06:29:31 pm »
I like seeker elf the most.
They're the best!
Once I hit 3 goblins in the head with my bow in one dice throw :)
The Dankest of Memes, start in the simplest of words. Wombo combo.

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2013, 03:16:41 pm »
Currently planning and preparing a campaign where the characters will travel to an island in search of wealth (and possibly knowledge depending on the character) with nothing but the trail of a long-dead explorer to follow. But there is more than meets the eye on this exotic island. A terrible abomination calls this island home, and the party of adventurers stomping about has awoken its wrath. (It's a tarrasque ;))

Offline Hawkes

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2013, 05:10:51 pm »
I hate D&D 4E though, it's turned some combat fights too much like an MMO (hit, hit, hit, hit, hit). Not alot of room for innovation or creativity - 2E was best imo.

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2013, 05:23:06 pm »
^I agree completely, I've been playing nothing but 2E for a while now. D&D Next (5th Edition) is being developed though and you can download the playtest packets for free and I have nothing but positive things to say about it. It takes the best from all the editions and combines them really nicely. You can watch the playtest live with Chris Perkins, Ed Greenwood (the creator of the Forgotten Realms) and others, I posted it on the previous page, it's really interesting and hilarious.

Offline MaHuD

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Reveran
  • Nick: MaHuD
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2013, 05:48:38 pm »
I use a custom rule version, which seems to be a lot harder and allows for much more creativity. We also don't really have dungeons, you can go wherever you want and do whatever you want and the GM will work around. Though of course there are times when you get forced to do things, but it is not forced in "you can't do this" it's more like "it would be stupid to do it, but feel free to do/try it".
[18:51] <Evanovic> Mahud can I nominate you for best villian 2013?

Offline DoctorWarband

• Colonel
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DoctorWarbandHD
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2013, 06:12:32 pm »
I use a custom rule version, which seems to be a lot harder and allows for much more creativity. We also don't really have dungeons, you can go wherever you want and do whatever you want and the GM will work around. Though of course there are times when you get forced to do things, but it is not forced in "you can't do this" it's more like "it would be stupid to do it, but feel free to do/try it".
Same here.
The Dankest of Memes, start in the simplest of words. Wombo combo.

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2013, 02:25:33 pm »
Am I the only one who loves Bards? They have got to be my favorite class in the game, they're so much fun.

Although I'm currently in a 5e Playtest campaign playing as an Elf Ranger and some of the abilities you can get are really neat. And I never knew that using cesti could be so fun lol. I probably punched at least 5 enemies to death in one session lol.

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2013, 08:34:39 pm »
I'm going to have to pick up D&D again to play 5E. Just need that circle of friends.

EDIT:
Post more videos. :D
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline MaHuD

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Reveran
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2013, 01:05:31 pm »
I usually don't write down what happens in a DnD but a few weeks ago I did write down something very fast. I'll share it here;

Me and Blacktide accidentally may have consumed a few poor (demonic) souls from a chalice filled with what we presume to have been demonic blood.
In addition, in an attempt to find out more about the disturbing dark elven fortress I actually discovered the chalice was a portal to somewhere else.
Naturally me and Blacktide decided to go in, the rest of our party refused and I send them back with my blessings.
As I gave them my blessings there was a slight disturbance, I had the feeling that I didn't want to give them my blessings.
 I immediately purged my body of this obscene feeling by visible burning some of my veins. Though no pain was received.

The travel through the portal was quite strange and it soon became clear that we were heading straight to hell. Or well a demonic plane.
After a hard landing we arrived in the plane and started growing in size. We quickly took off our armor and clothes and we turned into demonic winged creatures.

Initially we were both 2.5 meters tall, but after I prayed for guidance to saint Michael and Blacktide prayed to his private god, I shortened in size and became 2.3 meters.
Blacktide on the other hand grew to over 3 meters and now has some black fire at his left hand.

The surrounding area looks quite hostile, with loads of lava and golden rivers. There is a single giant fortress with huge creatures.
A whole swarm of little demonites appeared out of a hole and seemed to be carrying gifts and they travel towards the Fortress. They seem to represent serfs paying homage.
Judging from all this we believe that this fortress is the local place of authority and we plan to investigate this further.

As a side note, there seems to be no way back and all of my holy items are shining brightly and hurt to touch.

It looks as though we need to gather some intelligence and then proceed to set up an up- and down-link with Michael for further instructions.

At the moment we believe it is best if we take over command of the fortress and proceed from there.

A major problem is though is that it seems that by reducing the demonic power inside me, I will slowly turn back to a human. Which seems not to be able to survive in this harsh climate.
Some terraforming may be required.

Offline Bastard

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2013, 01:09:14 pm »
I've wanted to play it so much, but at my age NOBODY will play in my area. Meh, I'm content with Baldurs Gate on the iPad ;3

Offline MaHuD

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Reveran
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2013, 01:33:25 pm »
Found part of another DnD summary, written by Inox. This summary halts just before we set out and afterwards Alan(ex 95th), Gobi and Blacktide join in as well.

GM: Leoven (native player as well as K-KKA arty-member)

players:

Inox, playing as Attalos (native player)
Swordmaster, playing as A'as (native player)
Kazzan, playing as Barletto Twinbeard (native and NW player as well as maker of hornburg mod)
MaHuD, playing as Zafizatus (me)
Reignlief, playing as Luinëwendë (ex 95th)

Four travellers arrived on the same day in the village Krendel in the region Verren. Part by coincidence, part by their common strangeness, they happened to be in the vicinity of each other when there was a gathering of angry villagers in the square. The villagers, having some weird traditions, asked the outsiders to settle their disputes, as the lord of the region had neglected his responsibilities. A handful of guards tried to stop the undermining of authority, but as the villagers reacted violently to this, a fight broke out, leaving all but two guards dead. The travellers, having gained some authority, will try to resolve the unrest diplomatically.

Kazzan is a being a greedy weasel, MaHuD is being a greedy golem, Swordie is being a local hero, and I am being a lucky peasant. A few items of value were looted and all gained 2 (two) experience points.

In the aftermath of the fight, some local farmers under the leadership of a certain Kineas asked the foreigners if they wanted to assist the rebellion. Two of the foreigners, A'as and Attalos (Swordie and Inox) inquired as to how many armed men the village could muster, wether the other villages in Verren would join the rebellion, and if there were any supporters of Lord Anakos left in this village. Kineas and his friends sent out messengers to the other villages. Zafizatus (Mahud), the golem, inquired Kineas as to whether he knew of any Wizard in the area. Kineas replied and informed him that there is a roaming Halfling Wizard in the forest to the west. Twinbeard (Kazzan) suspected a boy for attempting to pickpocket him, but the boy was merely looking for someone to follow. Twinbeard took the homeless boy as a sort of squire.

As day turned to evening and evening approached night, the villagers had calmed down, and most went to their homes. One of the surviving guards tried to escape, but A'as and Attalos suddenly remembered about the prisoners and caught him. The other guard was already crippled because the golem had thrown a big rock at his knee. The four adventurers went to the local inn. Zafizatus, however, was not allowed to stay there, on account of his ethnicity. Instead, he went outside the village and camped there for the night, while taking care of four puppies he had picked up from the street. In the inn, A'as entertained the crowd with his lute, Attalos danced with a pretty girl he had met earlier that day, and Twinbeard gave his squire a whole bowl of porridge. Apart from Zafizatus, the adventurers spent the night in the inn, and so did Twinbeard's squire.

On the morning of the next day, Zafitatus learned many things about puppies, and also tried to hunt birds by throwing his buckler at them. Just outside the village, two donkey cavalerists attacked some farmers, maiming one and taking four prisoner. Those in the inn became aware of this and rushed to the help of the farmers. Attalos and Twinbeard killed one of the brigands, released three prisoners, and recovered the wounded farmer, while A'as chased the other brigand, who had taken with him the prettiest prisoner. Zafitatus saw this fighting from his campplace, and after finding a way to carry all the puppies, ran towards Twinbeard and Attalos to take the donkey.

A'as wrestled the brigand down and saved the prisoner. The others arrived at the scene and one of them spotted a shady figure sneaking in the forest. This was Luinëwendë (Reignlief), who had been wandering nearby and wanted to see what the noise was about. A group of villagers also arrived and started worshipping her as a dryad. She neither denied nor confirmed this, but upon being invited to come to their village, she said okay. A'as, Zafizatus, Attalos and Twinbeard also went back to the village.

While the adventurers were chasing brigands and sneaking in the forest, the peasants in the village had burned down the house of the former village elder (nephew of Lord Anakos and not liked very well) and were about to burn him as well. A'as and Attalos persuaded the villagers to give the elder a trial, as well as forming a council and reinstating old laws as to prevent anarchy from taking over. Later that day, the council appointed Attalos general for the time being, as they needed someone to lead the militia in case Lord Anakos would attack them. Trials were given to the elder and to other prisoners taken, and they were thrown in an improvised prison.

A band of mercenaries and a caravan visited the village and traded with some of the adventurers. The mercenaries were hired by the council, and A'as challenged one of them to a duel over a sword. After a long, hard fight (not to the death) he won and gained a pretty good bastard sword. Night was encroaching, and the villagers went home. Attalos met the girl (name: Mirra) he had talked with earlier and they went to her father's farm. He said Attalos could not court his daughter until he got his own farm in the area. On his way back to the village, Attalos met A'as, who had been taking an evening ride and somehow captured a wild stallion.

Like Zafizatus, Luinëwendë was not allowed to stay at the inn on account of ethnicity, and they both ended up in the basement of the former village elders' former house (it was burned down), though Zafizatus had already been there for a while when she arrived. In fact, he had also found a secret room with a demon statue and a cut-out heart, and about the time she arrived, he smashed the statue and ate any gems he could find (yes, he eats gems). Attalos and A'as also happened to stumble upon this basement, but Attalos fell asleep and A'as had to carry him back to the inn. Twinbeard slept long and well and had been overawing his squire (the boy Melric) with wondrous gifts, such as food and stuff, plus a shortsword. He had also trained the boy a bit in how to handle the sword.

The next morning, a messenger arrived from the village Kalkarn with two of its soldiers. Kalkarn was under siege by soldiers from the kingdom of Mervin (to the east of this region). Attalos appointed A'as cavalry/recon officer and summoned the council to make an announcement regarding organization of the militia, plus he hired Luinëwendë and Zafizatus as mercenaries (Luinëwendë as donkeyrider under A'as' command, Zafizatus as stone thrower and animal fixer). He is also thinking about hiring Twinbeard, who had spent most of the morning buying even more stuff for Melric. At some point Zafizatus added a cat to his animal flock, which now consists of a squirrel, four puppies, a cat, a rat, and a donkey. Luinëwendë has been turning down hopeful villager suitors at every turn (almost).

Offline bdd458

• Second Lieutenant
  • I write words on the internet.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_KF_Mks_Gen_Illuminati
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2013, 09:15:00 pm »
My fencing coach would abandon us every Friday to go play D&D.
The 8th is not dead! Proud Colonel of the WWI and Blood and Iron/Verdun regiment 84th Infantrie d'regiment [both are recruiting. Add calicoyoda on Steam if you want to join either]