Author Topic: 3rd (East Kent) Regiment Of Foot - The Buffs  (Read 284405 times)

Offline Bobmarley

• First Sergeant
  • Proud to be LCpl in the 3rd Buffs
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3rd_LCpl_Colin_Barrett
  • Side: Union
Re: ❄3rd (East Kent) Regiment Of Foot "The Buffs" [Recruiting EU/NA]❄
« Reply #555 on: January 28, 2014, 10:42:58 pm »
Great training tonight, a great effort from everyone.
+1
Lance Corporal Colin Barrett

3rd (East Kent) Regiment Of Foot
"The Buffs"

Offline Stunned Lime

• Major
  • Hella O's
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 29, 2014, 12:06:43 am »
Indeed very nice rust gameplay tonight and awesome training! Lets hope for a great linebattle thursday!

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #557 on: January 29, 2014, 12:10:27 am »
your birthday is on Valentines day?  :o

life mission complete!

my life mission was to find people who had birthdays on every single holiday of the year. weird, i know, but im a re-enactor, that should explain how weird i am  :P

Offline Saga

• Major General
  • Patiently waiting for BCOF since 2012.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 29, 2014, 02:43:09 am »
We got raided today.... Here's how the story goes  8)

I take 5 c4, my m4 200 rounds of ammo. I am setting up stairs to raid a guys house... Boom! Headshot! Some guys took my stuff. They go killing guys for an hour or so and we see the kill feed just rising in their kills. Then we see guys at our base, so we start a fire fight with them and they start using c4 to break into our house. After about half an hour of fighting (Me, Death and another guy) Lime comes on... The guy with all our stuff happened to get locked in our base because of Death. So here comes Lime completely butt f*ck naked charging up to the base with a rock yelling "gimme a shot gun! Gimme a shot gun!" So I ran to the roof and we went out for a rip... By that I mean I threw a shot gun down from 10 floors at Lime he got it, went in killed a guy in kevlar, took his stuff and went and killed the next guy from behind. We got so much stuff from them and after we went and successfully raided their house and got so much stuff!!!!

-Then we fortified our house/fixed the damage
-Built a sniper tower to shoot at the court yard infront of our house where enemies gather.

Another amazing day in Rust

Offline Stunned Lime

• Major
  • Hella O's
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 29, 2014, 03:41:21 am »

life mission complete!

my life mission was to find people who had birthdays on every single holiday of the year. weird, i know, but im a re-enactor, that should explain how weird i am  :P
Ur fooked m8.

I take 5 c4, my m4 200 rounds of ammo. I am setting up stairs to raid a guys house... Boom! Headshot! Some guys took my stuff. They go killing guys for an hour or so and we see the kill feed just rising in their kills. Then we see guys at our base, so we start a fire fight with them and they start using c4 to break into our house. After about half an hour of fighting (Me, Death and another guy) Lime comes on... The guy with all our stuff happened to get locked in our base because of Death. So here comes Lime completely butt f*ck naked charging up to the base with a rock yelling "gimme a shot gun! Gimme a shot gun!" So I ran to the roof and we went out for a rip... By that I mean I threw a shot gun down from 10 floors at Lime he got it, went in killed a guy in kevlar, took his stuff and went and killed the next guy from behind. We got so much stuff from them and after we went and successfully raided their house and got so much stuff!!!!

-Built a sniper tower to shoot at the court yard infront of our house where enemies gather.

Iambestgamer2014pls.

Offline Saga

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 29, 2014, 04:43:43 am »
nah, #sagabestcanada

Offline George385

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 29, 2014, 05:01:43 am »

life mission complete!

Ur fooked m8.

yeah, i know  ::)

Offline Ryner

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #562 on: January 29, 2014, 05:42:53 am »

DayZ is still better. I'll give you a video of our adventures when its uploaded  8)

Offline Stunned Lime

• Major
  • Hella O's
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 29, 2014, 08:54:33 pm »

DayZ is still better. I'll give you a video of our adventures when its uploaded  8)
Nut Truh

Offline George385

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 29, 2014, 09:24:16 pm »

Nut Truh

yeah, its true :D

explain why it costs more ::)

Offline Super

• Major
  • Captain of the 3rd Regiment of Foot
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3rd_Capt_Alexander_Cameron
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #565 on: January 29, 2014, 11:18:12 pm »
Haven't played rust, so cannot form a balanced opinion. However, I have watched a lot of gameplay on it and it does look like a lot of fun. I probably will buy it at some point.

In my opinion, DayZ, even in its current state is probably better, because I think it has more scope; there's a lot more to it than just killing fresh spawns and running north. Even now, in the early builds, there is tons more player interaction than seemed to occur in the mod, and hopefully they will never add OP weapons like .50 snipers, etc. and thus maintain player interaction. I really like the Zombie Apocalypse concept, and I think DayZ brings us about as close as we can get to that. It's not the only game in the genre, but it is the best if you want a 1st/3rd person immersive zombie survival game.

And on the flip side, - not saying that Rust is bad in what it delivers, but it's not the 'only' game that is satisfying the 'survive and build' genre at the moment. In fact that genre is pretty much dominated by Minecraft. In fact the Devs even said it was inspired by a combination of Minecraft and DayZ.

Just thought I'd chuck my opinions in given the fact for the last two pages this has become a rust thread! XD

Offline Stunned Lime

• Major
  • Hella O's
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 30, 2014, 05:40:07 pm »
Haven't played rust, so cannot form a balanced opinion. However, I have watched a lot of gameplay on it and it does look like a lot of fun. I probably will buy it at some point.

In my opinion, DayZ, even in its current state is probably better, because I think it has more scope; there's a lot more to it than just killing fresh spawns and running north. Even now, in the early builds, there is tons more player interaction than seemed to occur in the mod, and hopefully they will never add OP weapons like .50 snipers, etc. and thus maintain player interaction. I really like the Zombie Apocalypse concept, and I think DayZ brings us about as close as we can get to that. It's not the only game in the genre, but it is the best if you want a 1st/3rd person immersive zombie survival game.

And on the flip side, - not saying that Rust is bad in what it delivers, but it's not the 'only' game that is satisfying the 'survive and build' genre at the moment. In fact that genre is pretty much dominated by Minecraft. In fact the Devs even said it was inspired by a combination of Minecraft and DayZ.

Just thought I'd chuck my opinions in given the fact for the last two pages this has become a rust thread! XD
Your opinion is invalid, please leave. Go buy Rust and play it with us, then you will see the truth!

Offline Saga

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 30, 2014, 06:17:02 pm »
One does not simply build a house in Day Z.....

Spoiler
But seriously the games are too different to compare, Day Z is zombie survival and Rust is survival in general. (The Rust zombies are a temporary alpha test btw.)
[close]

Offline Stunned Lime

• Major
  • Hella O's
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 30, 2014, 09:19:03 pm »
Okay linebattle tonight! Pretty shit map but excellent performance from us so well done to all!

Offline Von Alten

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 30, 2014, 09:22:03 pm »
yeah great linebattle with you Lime!
I'm bullying you, 14e became master on bullies

14e_SoP_Alten | 2pp_Fiz_Alten | 1oCaz_Cpl_Alten