Author Topic: Server rules question  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
  • Side: Confederacy
Server rules question
« on: November 28, 2013, 03:52:30 am »
On dust 2 as a sapper I build a sandbag to get on a box. I was slayed for being on said box that could only be accessed through a sapper construction... Please either clarify the rules to include this or I will file a report for admin abuse.

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Server rules question
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 03:54:49 am »
If it can only be reached through sapper buildings, or even if it's just any area that you aren't supposed to be able to reach, it's an exploit and is against the rules.

- Any action that warrants unfair game-play is not permitted such as glitching, hacking or cheating.

It might not be glitching, strictly, but it does warrant unfair game-play.
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Frederik

• Donator
  • Never forget 03.09.2015 #freeturin
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 03:58:57 am »
Does this mean it's forbidden to shot a guy who cant see you?
ich will dich für android
He's a well-known nationalist with no respect for actual history or historians.
For a second I thought you were talking about me. :3

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 04:03:31 am »
I understand that glitching through a fireplace to access a roof can be justified to slay. But if someone makes a stairway or ramp out of planks to get up on that roof then I think it is considered fair. Also sappers can put TNT on places to blow holes into the wall to get onto roofs. For example most church houses have bell towers that you can place a TNT on the top to get onto the roof.

I think as long as you leave a way for your enemy to get up then it should be allowed to build planks up to boxes.

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 04:08:52 am »
Here are two screenshots I took, both of them were used as evidence to call in an admin to punish the perpetrator, as they were against server rules.

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 04:37:42 am »
The first screenshot that you listed isnt an exploit. You can easily access the roof to kill anyone on it.

The second screenshot the engineer specifically made that construction to get out of the map to a place where you cannot be shot from

I was slayed for making a plank to get on a box where I could be easily shot by a rifle or musket from which I feel does not fall into the category of the server rules "exploits"

I would be much happier if in the rules was added something like - Sappers may not build constructions to get to unacceptable areas.

Unacceptable through line of sight for a shot also applies.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 04:40:09 am by Coconut »

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 04:42:16 am »
For the first screen, you cannot normally get onto the church roof without blowing a hole in the wall of the tower. As a general rule, unless there are stairs leading up to a roof, it's a fair bet to assume that you're not allowed to go there.

I did ask Thunderstormer at the time and according to him, yes it is an exploit, it does make it much harder to shoot or reach for melee, and it was not intended for you to be able to reach there.

EDIT: typo
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 05:07:31 am by Killington »

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 04:43:56 am »
Of course people would try and get there. Why would you go to an area where you could be easily shot?

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2013, 04:49:08 am »
Regardless of the ultimate effect on how good their cover is, they are exploiting a part if the map that was not meant to be, and exploiting a part of the map is against the rules.

Offline Savolainen5

• First Lieutenant
  • Official Server Admin and Language Nerd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: _1stRddt_E77_Savs
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2013, 05:04:27 am »
Killington's got it right. On NA_1, sapper constructions are to be used for defensive purposes, that is, on the ground, and not to access areas that are not accessible normally. A good rule of thumb to follow is this: If you can't get to it on foot, don't use BPs to get to it.

What it comes down to is that if someone is allowed to get to inaccessible areas, then they can delay all day, and that's no fun.

Also, it should go without saying that going outside of the map is against the rules. You're lucky I only kicked/temped you guys.
Wanna know what a wug is? Read here!

Juice_Kelly: no one wants to be savs, he's the biggest firegiant on the server.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2013, 05:12:54 am »
Using build points to get to a part of the map that isn't naturally accessible,(like by a ladder, or built in boxes by the map designer like on landshut) is not allowed.

if you have to build/blow up something to get to a spot, then it is not allowed.  The rule has always been this way.

and as always Admin complaints as always go to Deofuta, Little_Guy, or I to be looked into.

If you feel a rule change is necessary, talk to Deo or Vince.

Savs ninja's me, pretty much what he said on top of what I said.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.