Author Topic: [IXe] 15ᵉ Régiment de Voltigeurs de la Garde Impériale (Under New Leadership) NA  (Read 265159 times)

Offline TheZach_Attack

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Zach_Attack
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: 15e Régiment de Voltigeurs de la Garde Impériale (IX Corps d'Armee)
« Reply #735 on: January 10, 2014, 04:28:30 am »
Link? And fuck  yeh

The best pictures. Meinly of garde voltigeurs dying/about to die. The second one looks pretty call of duty

Spoiler

[close]
lol the 2nd picture is you guys charging the 9y gg no re

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #736 on: January 10, 2014, 05:20:27 am »
MILLY NEEDS HIS BUMP RIGHT NOW
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Stubbs

« Reply #737 on: January 10, 2014, 05:47:13 am »

Offline Ser Elliott

• First Lieutenant
  • The flood comes.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Guard_Jaguar
  • Side: Union
« Reply #738 on: January 10, 2014, 05:52:16 am »
You have no idea how much cavalry players put practice in taking down grounded units, if the infantry regiments put in half the practice they would never complain about cavalry in the first place. Instead we get "oh cav is just op any retard can do it" thats just you being shit, not us being op.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: January 10, 2014, 06:11:00 am »
MILLY NEEDS HIS BUMP RIGHT NOW

im likin dat purp
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #740 on: January 10, 2014, 10:22:57 am »
Purple text but no reason for slay. This is a travesty.
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!

Offline Pickett Pie

• Donator
  • There's more than League?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [IV]1LH_Husar_Pickett_Pie
« Reply #741 on: January 10, 2014, 02:38:07 pm »
Found a osprey book talking about the garde voltigeurs. The 15e would have appeared identicall to the 14th in 1814. Possibly a new idea for a custom uniform?
Spoiler

[close]
Millander for president.

There it is! Yes. Yes. Yes. Bless based Stubbs Photoshop.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: January 10, 2014, 04:02:49 pm »
something about hat photo isnt right but I cant put my finger on it/
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
« Reply #743 on: January 10, 2014, 08:15:53 pm »
I think it's photoshopped. I can tell by the pixels.
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: January 10, 2014, 09:06:15 pm »
Reading about Voltigeurs and there's some pretty cool stuff. Russians would call the Voltigeurs "shorties" because of their height and during one charge Russian grenadiers (many of them veterans of Suvorov's campaigns - if you know anything about Suvorov you would know that any of his soldiers most likely fought in a lot of melee) managed to fight off French voltigeurs using their muskets as clubs, they bragged that "The shorties were not worthy of our bayonets" however in a separate occasion, two light regiments stopped a large Russian column's charge and "In this melee lieutenant of French voltigeurs of the 12th (M.Etienne) flung himself on the Russian general and having hit him twice on the head with his sabre, took him prisoner in the midst of his men."

There were also several occasions where Voltigeurs were detached and made silent, night-time river crossings to surprise the enemy and it would work perfectly. Also at the Battle of Mohrungen a sergeant rallied his voltigeurs and repelled a Russian cavalry attack by shooting and killing the Russian officer.

Stubbs

« Reply #746 on: January 11, 2014, 12:20:51 am »
Reading about Voltigeurs and there's some pretty cool stuff. Russians would call the Voltigeurs "shorties" because of their height and during one charge Russian grenadiers (many of them veterans of Suvorov's campaigns - if you know anything about Suvorov you would know that any of his soldiers most likely fought in a lot of melee) managed to fight off French voltigeurs using their muskets as clubs, they bragged that "The shorties were not worthy of our bayonets" however in a separate occasion, two light regiments stopped a large Russian column's charge and "In this melee lieutenant of French voltigeurs of the 12th (M.Etienne) flung himself on the Russian general and having hit him twice on the head with his sabre, took him prisoner in the midst of his men."

There were also several occasions where Voltigeurs were detached and made silent, night-time river crossings to surprise the enemy and it would work perfectly. Also at the Battle of Mohrungen a sergeant rallied his voltigeurs and repelled a Russian cavalry attack by shooting and killing the Russian officer.

TL;DR - Short Frenchies got picked on by the Russians, Frenchies beat up Russian general, since they are short like hobbits they can be all sneaky and shit and snipe Russian officers.

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: January 11, 2014, 12:25:52 am »
100% historically accurate description right there.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: January 11, 2014, 12:40:58 am »
Duuring is here, to mess yo shite up!

You're confusing Voltiguers-companies with the Voltigeur regiments.

The voltigeur companies, simply 'the light company' and the Regiments 1-6th were pretty good. Then after 1812 everything goes to shit. The 15th was nothing more then a bunch of young conscripts given guard status to keep them in the regiment, which often they didn't. Desertion rang high, just like diseases and underfeeding. Millander has got written down pretty well.

That uniform picture is nice, but it's pretty theoretical. Men being issued a perfectly regulated uniform after January 1814? Oh no. Nonononono. The allies had invaded France at that point. It was all 'Here's your musket, here's your bayonet, we ran out of bullets, good luck'. Men being sent of to fight without even as much as a single instruction how to load their musket. I bet my hat collection that the 15e never, and then I mean NEVER, saw action as light infantry proper. They probably just got a greatcoat as these things were pretty easy to make.

Now let me feast upon thy shattered dreams! Muwhahaha!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 12:43:29 am by Duuring »

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: January 11, 2014, 12:42:51 am »
I was actually speaking about the voltigeur companies so hah! Take that! lol