Author Topic: JFK Assassination : Conspiracy?  (Read 9687 times)

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
Re: JFK Assassination : Conspiracy?
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2013, 12:16:27 am »
Let's not also forget the rifle he was using was an absolute peice of shit. An Italian WW2 rifle if I am not mistaken. I think it would be pretty improbable for Oswald to make that shot with a rifle if I remember  correctly.

The Carcano rifle was a pretty damn good rifle, better than most toys on the US market, its bullet was quite lethal too.

A Carcano is better than a Springfield Bolt action, or a M1 Garand.   ::)
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Commissar Jdf

• General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC_Maj_CommissarJdf
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2013, 12:27:02 am »
lol, everyone just hears "old bolt action" from a documentary or FMJ and just thinks it's shit. Infact the round was smaller than a Springfield and had less FPS. The Springfield was arguably better.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 12:40:44 am »
lol, everyone just hears "old bolt action" from a documentary or FMJ and just thinks it's shit. Infact the round was smaller than a Springfield and had less FPS. The Springfield was arguably better.

Didn't the Springfield jam less too?
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie

Offline Commissar Jdf

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2013, 12:41:39 am »

bolt actions...jamming? hahaha fired 2000+ rounds though my mosin and never a jam xD

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2013, 12:44:38 am »

bolt actions...jamming? hahaha fired 2000+ rounds though my mosin and never a jam xD

I heard something on a documentary about something being wrong with the Carino's case ejection system, it'd get caught and you couldn't unbolt the rifle.

Offline TheBoberton

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Colonel
  • I don't want no pardon for anything I done
    • View Profile
    • Thomas' Steam Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2013, 08:32:56 am »
The rifle used an en bloc clip system, and it was/is a more.. finicky system than that used by other rifles of the era, which led to it jamming occasionally, under the wrong circumstances.

Yes, I know it seems a foreign idea, but mechanical machines do, from time to time, fail to function. And I'd hardly call the Mosin-Nagant a decent weapon to compare anything to, as it's the literal bare minimum of what is necessary for a bolt action rifle to function properly.

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2013, 08:42:55 am »
Military-Industrial Complex is the big bad wolf.
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2013, 11:30:12 am »

That doesn't mean shit.

That you have fired 2000+ shots with ONE mosin, which I bet you maintain properly and with appropriate love, means nearly per definition that it jams less or not at all.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Baron

• Corporal
  • I don't even..
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2013, 11:55:37 am »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC9J6O6soHA[/youtube]

Derren brown using hypnosis to create the perfect assasain. Worth watching.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2013, 12:22:14 pm »

Yes, because the Springfield '03 is a re-chambered Mauser G98. Everything designed by Germans is a sound design.

And that the Carcano had a smaller muzzle velocity means little from that range. It's bullet was more lethal due to it's design, it tumbles immensly upon impact which causes a substantial amount of damage.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2013, 12:24:30 pm »

Yes, because the Springfield '03 is a re-chambered Mauser G98. Everything designed by Germans is a sound design.

And that the Carcano had a smaller muzzle velocity means little from that range. It's bullet was more lethal due to it's design, it tumbles immensly upon impact which causes a substantial amount of damage.

Also, firing from a quite elevated position with a low velocity rifle won't make a terrible inpact on the accuracy.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Ililsa

• Major
  • This knife of Sheffield steel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Retired_Ililsa
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2013, 08:32:10 pm »
Inside job.
JFK shot himself from behind the grassy knoll in order to prevent a far more horrifying alternate timeline.

I have video evidence to back this up.

[youtube]W6naJ08Tskk[/youtube]

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
Crawling back to you,
Ever thought of calling when you've had a few? 'cause I always do.
FUCKING MEDIEVAL HIPSTERS

Offline Commissar Jdf

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2013, 08:58:55 pm »

That doesn't mean shit.

That you have fired 2000+ shots with ONE mosin, which I bet you maintain properly and with appropriate love, means nearly per definition that it jams less or not at all.

1.) The Mosin I have was made in 1944. It was used in parts of Eastern Europe and is a matching kit.
2.) The other week, I shot it with a partially corroded barrel because I didn't think it needed to be cleaned.
3.) Have you ever shot a weapon or handled one? If not, that doesn't mean shit.

*edit* What I mean by corroded isn't what you think xD bad wording, just meant to say that I shot it around 10 times. Well to be fair, 1 stripper clip with 5 rounds and the other with 4. So 9 :P
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 10:05:19 pm by Commissar Jdf »

Offline TheBoberton

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Colonel
  • I don't want no pardon for anything I done
    • View Profile
    • Thomas' Steam Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2013, 09:58:39 pm »
You left your rifle unmaintained after firing what was presumably surplus ammunition through it? And you expect people to listen to you on the subject of firearms?

Offline Commissar Jdf

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2013, 10:00:24 pm »
You left your rifle unmaintained after firing what was presumably surplus ammunition through it? And you expect people to listen to you on the subject of firearms?

I fired it the day before about 10 times. I didn't need to clean it at the time.