End of September
4 (18.2%)
Start of October
3 (13.6%)
Doesnt matter.
3 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: September 13, 2020, 10:12:32 pm

Author Topic: Potential Draft League  (Read 1765 times)

Offline ONeil_

• Major
  • epic gamer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: uwuwuwuwuwu
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Potential Draft League
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2020, 07:55:22 pm »
i dont understand how this works can someone explain it to me in simple language im too retarded sry

org picks the captains and then each of them pick one player from the pool from up to bottom and vice versa until their teams are full

i might be wrong tho
surely its unbelievably massively unfair to the last pick cuz 8 teams i assume

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2020, 07:57:30 pm »
i dont understand how this works can someone explain it to me in simple language im too retarded sry

org picks the captains and then each of them pick one player from the pool from up to bottom and vice versa until their teams are full

i might be wrong tho
surely its unbelievably massively unfair to the last pick

depends, if there are only 8 teams then pretty sure there are at least 8 evenly good top players + the last pick pretty much gets to pick 2 very good players
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline ONeil_

• Major
  • epic gamer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: uwuwuwuwuwu
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2020, 08:02:03 pm »

i might be wrong tho
surely its unbelievably massively unfair to the last pick

depends, if there are only 8 teams then pretty sure there are at least 8 evenly good top players + the last pick pretty much gets to pick 2 very good players
idk, i mean you could try different methods of balancing it for the people who are picking, like what about 2nd last pick too xd.

idk it just seems like using funds to buy players would be the fairest way of making something like this xd

Offline AccursedGull

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • If you are losing the battle, just win. ~Sun Tzu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gull ; Broly
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2020, 08:12:21 pm »
pricing won't work, because people which decide the pricing are retarded af by overprizing top tier player like in the last nwfl. Like 4'000'000 for Python while people like Hertz, Clash, Mike eg. are all 1'500'000 and lower in the last nwfl. Rather get a few of those "cheap" guys instead of 1 top tier guy and a bunch of people which discovered how to start the game.

And in the end it is all opinion based how good someone is and therefore it makes it nowhere balanced at all, so it doesnt matter how you do it.

"Only when a mosquito lands on your balls will you learn to rather use precision than strength"

Offline nIvan

• Colonel
  • hello
    • View Profile
  • Nick: hi
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2020, 08:15:33 pm »
How will first picks be decided?

as the winning captain of the NWFL2 i get first pick
you dont get anything until you pay me the TWC money

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2020, 08:24:55 pm »

refund the money you got from me for the 5v5 immediately

pricing won't work, because people which decide the pricing are retarded af by overprizing top tier player like in the last nwfl. Like 4'000'000 for Python while people like Hertz, Clash, Mike eg. are all 1'500'000 and lower in the last nwfl. Rather get a few of those "cheap" guys instead of 1 top tier guy and a bunch of people which discovered how to start the game.

And in the end it is all opinion based how good someone is and therefore it makes it nowhere balanced at all, so it doesnt matter how you do it.

pricing does work because players don't go for their base prices, the captains bet and increase how much they are willing to pay based on how good they think a player is. so yea, if someone has been underpriced then the captains are gonna bet until it's at a more reasonable price or until one ends up paying too much. if you have a problem with people starting at different price values you can just start every player at $0 and let it go up entirely based on how much captains are willing to pay.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 08:27:30 pm by Gibby Jr »
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2020, 08:40:46 pm »

refund the money you got from me for the 5v5 immediately

pricing does work because players don't go for their base prices, the captains bet and increase how much they are willing to pay based on how good they think a player is. so yea, if someone has been underpriced then the captains are gonna bet until it's at a more reasonable price or until one ends up paying too much. if you have a problem with people starting at different price values you can just start every player at $0 and let it go up entirely based on how much captains are willing to pay.
then captains run out of money and people end up being auctions for rediculous prices

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2020, 08:44:21 pm »
In conclusion the issue isn't pricing it's captains being stupid with their money.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

David_Schrein

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2020, 10:12:56 pm »
Poll has been added regarding the start of the league.

Offline Dusbled

• Major
  • Squadron Corporal Major of 45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Saphyro
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2020, 11:03:03 pm »
In conclusion the issue isn't pricing it's captains being stupid with their money.

maybe do 1 secret bet per captain so they cant push it too high?