Author Topic: Server Setup Questons  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Gaines2000

• Corporal
  • Sir Doctor Professor
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sir_Dr_Prf
  • Side: Confederacy
Server Setup Questons
« on: January 16, 2016, 10:09:00 pm »
There's several things that I've seen other servers have and I'm not entirely sure how to setup myself. Some of these may have been explained before. If one has, don't have a temper tantrum, just paste a link to the thread.

- Re-spawning bots
- Bot class limits
- Hidden casualties list (server-side, not client-side)
- Player unit (not class) limitations (i.e. only partisans)

Can these things be setup? If so, would I need to edit the map or the server? How so? Thanks in advance!

Offline Sephira

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Server Setup Questons
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 10:50:30 pm »
These will most likely be Scripts that where made for that Server. For example, the player forced class is a Script which I personally run on my servers [as featured on NWRP during my time as Head Admin where players where forced to pick Parti, Cavalry or Sailors] which was made by Kanade. Your best bet is to consider what you'd like your server to do in terms of custom functions that you can't currently achieve through the stock server install packages and then put in a Script Request in Modifications area on the Forum or messages any Scripters you may know [some people may give recommendations on who is good to go to].

Now I do know for a fact if you are looking for a Script that can give Re-spawning Bots/Bot class limits (one I'd love to have myself personally) you'll certainly want to make sure any maps you use have good AI Meshing so that those Bots can function and not run straight into a wall and stop.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 10:53:10 pm by Lewdalicious Izu »
I like working on Servers.

IntelĀ® i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz, 2x 8GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 @ 2400MHz, 6GB Asus Dual OC GTX 1060, Soundblaster ZX, 240GB Samsung SSD & 3000GB Seagate HDD

Offline Gaines2000

• Corporal
  • Sir Doctor Professor
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sir_Dr_Prf
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Server Setup Questons
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 03:06:37 am »
Thanks for the quick response! I'll check around for some people with the appropriate scripts. Also, I'll have to add some AI meshes to the maps I plan to use. Once again, I appreciate it.