Author Topic: DDoS Attacks - IPs Sharing  (Read 3754 times)

Offline Sephira

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: DDoS Attacks - IPs Sharing
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2015, 03:09:38 pm »
My servers (NRP, JB and various 59th servers) all suffered from the same attack, thank you Dodo for posting this, appreciate it. :)

I use windows server 2012 and found a nice way to add the IPs to the windows firewall with this method.
http://cyber-defense.sans.org/blog/2011/10/25/windows-firewall-script-block-addresses-network-ranges

If you need some help with this message me on steam [59th] Tim and I will see if I can help you as I had some problems getting it running myself.

Cheers Dodo.

Doesn't look like its over Tim, we took another hit again today but only NRP and JB are victim this time.
I like working on Servers.

IntelĀ® i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz, 2x 8GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 @ 2400MHz, 6GB Asus Dual OC GTX 1060, Soundblaster ZX, 240GB Samsung SSD & 3000GB Seagate HDD

Offline Tim

• Sergeant Major
  • Cake
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2015, 04:48:50 pm »
Doesn't look like its over Tim, we took another hit again today but only NRP and JB are victim this time.

Working on it.

Offline Dodo

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Dodo / RaJiska
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2015, 05:10:35 pm »
59th lads are suffering the same currently.

Also i have total trust in dodo to do whats is right to protect his servers as he always does. If there are any innocents caught up in it (I highly doubt there are any (Betty ban list for example) He will deal with it as i'm sure he will spend his time checking out each IP to see if they are genuine or not.

Thank you very much Notmoving, innocent people would effectively be VERY rare. As for this to happen, IPs would need to be reassigned (which is unlikely to happen any time soon), and the new owner would have to play on Warband for this to be an issue. Anyway, I thank you for your kind words.

My servers (NRP, JB and various 59th servers) all suffered from the same attack, thank you Dodo for posting this, appreciate it. :)

I use windows server 2012 and found a nice way to add the IPs to the windows firewall with this method.
http://cyber-defense.sans.org/blog/2011/10/25/windows-firewall-script-block-addresses-network-ranges

If you need some help with this message me on steam [59th] Tim and I will see if I can help you as I had some problems getting it running myself.

Cheers Dodo.

My pleasure, I'm glad you found a way to block those IPs. I'll make sure to update the IP list as much as possible, however, keep in mind that only IPs perpetrating malicious attacks towards Beyond Servers can be referenced in the list.

Working on it.

The best option you'd have is to create a script running in background and checking over the network for an attacks.
Range blocking is not possible as some IPs are completely differents from one another.
Host blocking was the first solution that came in my mind untill I got some IPs attacking without any hostname.