Author Topic: debate experiment.  (Read 874 times)

Offline king_arthur

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Diogenes_the_Cynic_of_Sinope
  • Side: Neutral
debate experiment.
« on: August 21, 2014, 10:44:59 pm »
A friend of mine directed me to this forum on the conversation over Ferguson, and to be quite frank, I was surprised. I had always had a belief that most, if not all, warband players were 12 year olds playing warband because their computer couldn't run anything else. I was wrong, a little bit less than half of the people who commented on that topic sounded like a young'un.

Maybe this is the wrong place to ask this question, but would anyone like to do a casual debate over teamspeak? Or anyone would like to judge one? Post a reply, make sure to include steam information. (15,16+)

Format for debate would be Lincoln Douglas format,
6/AC, 3/CX, 7/NC, 3/CX, 4/AR, 6/NR, 3/AR.  5 minute prep time. If any rebuttal or case speech goes more than 10 seconds over it's limit, then the person's prep time will be deducted by how much the guy went over. If you want to debate but don't know that kind of format, then don't worry about it.

I'll add anyone interested on steam after the weekend, then I'll pass out TS ip and information once we get the topic settled. There'll be like 1-2 weeks of preparation. This is just an experiment because I like debating, and I imagine I'm not the only one. Maybe there's somewhere better for me to ask this question, but meh this is where I ask it.

Welp, just post in the threat or PM me your steam info and what topic(s) you'd like to debate. Please be older than 15 or 16, lol.

Here's a basic summary of topics I'd be cool about debating.
-------------------
Anti 2nd Amendment in dense population.
Budget wise: Progressive tax on businesses and income, and heavily investing in education and safety nets.
Anti immigration, but I support increasing foreign aid.
Supply side economics does not improve the economy looking at the long term, and the way it's been applied has been immoral and ineffective.
Absolutely Pro-Ukrainian, and that self determination does not approve of any referendum in Crimea or Eastern Ukraine.
I favor supporting Kurds in the north, and in Syria I support the arming of rebel groups affiliated with the SMC.

I'm helping my sister move to her college, so I'll be out of town for most of Friday, maybe part of Saturday, I don't know how long it will take. Also, this is casual so it's nothing super competitive, it's just debating for the sake of knowledge and having a conversation. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't.

EDIT: Alright, change of plans. If you're interested, join this group on steam, "DebateGroup"
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/debategroup
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 11:03:03 pm by king_arthur »

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
Re: debate experiment.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 10:46:55 pm »
This would actually be really fun!

But I don't want it to be regulated, I like normal casual debates more than the crap on TV.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline king_arthur

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 10:49:30 pm »
I'm up for anything, just send me your steam info and we can talk soon.... busy with family for part of the weekend.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 10:51:03 pm »
Lets see if we can get more people first.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 10:52:05 pm »
I, of course, am interesed, do you have steam?
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline king_arthur

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 11:02:41 pm »
Alright, change of plans. If you're interested, join this group on steam, "DebateGroup"

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 11:05:54 pm »
Alright, change of plans. If you're interested, join this group on steam, "DebateGroup"

Let's start immediately.
 I'll join once you change that Group Profile Picture into something that doesn't make you look like a complete shit.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.