Author Topic: Cosmos Hosting Relaunch | Game Servers | cosmos-hosting.co.uk  (Read 2442 times)

Offline Wolfstar

• Private
    • View Profile

The Cosmos Hosting Relaunch Thread
Cosmos Hosting provides servers for Mount & Blade: Warband and others in the series for very low prices. All of our boxes are currently based in Germany, Europe.

What makes us unique?
There are many other game server providers which host for Mount & Blade: Warband so why should you choose us?
  • We're a non profit company
    We don't host the servers to make money, We provide good quality, reliable servers in order for us to support the services we provide. Each time we make enough to buy a new server box we do so in order to provide as many high quality servers as possible.
  • Our services are geared towards your games
    Since we are not a big company we have never been able to buy a "pre-built, proffesional" online hosting solution so we improvised and built our own instead. All of our website back ends and server software are custom built for the games we host for. So if there's ever a new feature or bug that needs to be fixed - we can do it!
No Nonsense
What do we mean by No nonsense? We mean we don't screw you around. You get what you pay for, for the time you pay for it and can have direct help from us via Steam, Email or any other VoIP program like Teamspeak.
No Binding Contracts
When you no longer want a server you can cancel it - it's as easy as that. You are automatically billed each month with the amount you payed until you decide you want to stop it.
Maintenance updates & Current client offers
If we are going to be doing maintenance on the servers or have technical issues you'll be updated with every bit of info we get via email and steam updates. We also use this list to send out special offers for customers already with us!

What you get with your server
Feature
Cosmos Hosting Panel Access
FTP Access
Custom Modifications
*Custom Server Launchers
Server setup within 24 Hours
* = This feature can be used in conjunction with an older version such as 1.143 for WSE for mods such as The Deluge and VikingR. However it is not needed for NW unless a previous NW version is needed.
Prices (as of 23.03.2013)
Number of SlotsPrice
20 Slots5€
32 Slots8€
40 Slots10€
64 Slots15€
100 Slots18€
150 Slots22€
200 Slots25€
**250 Slots30€
** = Please note that the 250 player executable is still needing to be tested for complete performance issues so order at your own risk
Have a modification but don't have any server to test it on? Cosmos has you covered - Send us an email at freeserver@cosmos-hosting.co.uk and we'll provide one for you.

Concering the latest Warwabz Situation
Due to the latest situation that occurred between Warwabz and its customers we have limited ourselves to only accept Paypal payments. This covers both parties in any disputes over finances. We have also been hosting for over a year now and have a comfortable amount of customers which some have long term contracts with us. We are not here to scam you.

Wolf.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 05:25:43 pm by Wolfstar »

Offline Emperor Napoleon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1erMar/IrishNap
  • Side: Union
Re: Cosmos Hosting Relaunch | Game Servers | cosmos-hosting.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 10:10:07 pm »
Cheapest servers I have seen yet. I might need one of them!

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 12:26:56 am »
I recommend these guys.

Offline Connzcdf

• Major
  • Act like a wasteman, that's not me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Connzcdf
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 12:42:55 am »
I recommend these guys.
What Ni said.
Great servers, great customer service and very cheap for the type of services their providing!

Offline Rackio

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rackio
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 01:26:40 pm »
Thank you for the support guys, we try to please as we are doing this for reliability and quality that you guys need at a reasonable/cheap price :)
I'll always be sympathetic to your plight, Rackio. Probably not enough to act, but enough to care.

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 01:30:02 pm »
Although I have not rented a server myself, I have heard most splendid experiences about these servers.

Offline Rackio

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 07:33:10 pm »
new webpanel features added to keep improving service for you 
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 11:39:05 pm by Rackio »
I'll always be sympathetic to your plight, Rackio. Probably not enough to act, but enough to care.

Offline Rackio

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 02:59:31 pm »
website back up and running :)

http://cosmos-hosting.co.uk/?site=home

Offline WoM_Jordan_White

• First Sergeant
  • Jordan W.K. White
    • View Profile
    • Tropical Gaming
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 04:36:25 pm »
Loving the site, I wish you the BEST of luck.

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 06:28:55 pm »
Great event servers :) No lag.

Offline Rackio

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 06:22:21 pm »
Goodnight and Goodbye

Dear Cosmos Hosting customers and friends,

Unfortunately today, as of 29th July 2014, we are announcing the beginning of the closure of our hosting services. We’ve had an extremely good run from our early days in the spring months of 2012 to the summer of 2014 (spanning more than 2 years of server hosting) however we, the Cosmos Hosting team, believe it is time to move on and that this is the best time to do it.

Since all of us are students attending University and College we have found that the time constraints put upon us are limiting and in order to move forward we have to drop some of our hobbies. One of these hobbies is, regretfully, our server hosting group. Our initial aim when we set up Cosmos was to provide cheap, reliable servers for many communities while allowing the server boxes we owned to pay for themselves. This is no longer the case.

We managed to do this for the entirety of 2012 and up to late 2013. Since then both the amount of servers we host and the amount of income we were receiving has dwindled drastically and it has now reached the point where it is no longer feasible for us to continue. The main reason for this is our competition. When we began hosting M&B: Warband servers it was only a small group of independent hosters who provided servers for the game and now we have large companies coming in which can beat us hands down for both price and the availability of support. With this sort of competition, we stand no chance of being able to grow as a business and therefore have no other option to take.

We would like to take this chance to thank all past and present customers for supporting us through our years of providing servers for the masses. We have enjoyed our time running them for many groups and have enjoyed watching those groups grow to become popular gaming communities.

Our services will not be taken down immediately. We will continue to function until the end of August, during which you can download and backup any data you may have stored that you would like to keep. Your servers will continue to run until the end of their billing period.

Thank you Once again.

The Cosmos Hosting team,
Rackio, Av3ng3r and Wolfstar.