Author Topic: Bad Player on Servers  (Read 2662 times)

Offline Dodo

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Dodo / RaJiska
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Bad Player on Servers
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2014, 10:59:24 pm »
Surely it just searches the log files and puts the already available data into a more interpretable format, given you already knew his ID it is the same as Ctrl+F, putting in the code and hitting next to see all his names.

Hardly an amazing super weapon for the axis of evil...

I believe it's a bit more powerful than logs. The thing I am providing contains more than 45,000 names and is increasing each days.
To be honest, I don't think you can find as many names with a CTRL + F in a log file. The advantage is you can get EVERY names the guy you're looking for used without having to bother opening log files, in addition of that, it combines a lot of servers, not only one.

It's a lot faster and much more useful than 'logs'  :).

Awwwwwwh, don't spoil his glory!

I hope you understand it was not meant to be made for 'glory'. It was basically created for server owners to defend themself against trolls and other types of undesirable people.
By using this tool, you can get aliases of a player and then knowing who you're dealing with, very useful to adapt punishments.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 11:38:24 pm by Dodo »

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2014, 12:02:54 am »
If it searches through all the logs available and keeps the all IDs that have ever joined, then it would be incredibly useful, as it would mean we don't have to search back through all the logs to find an ID. Could it be edited to include the name of the file (so the log file) that each ID was found in, or the most recent file it was found in?

Offline Dodo

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2014, 12:08:02 am »
If it searches through all the logs available and keeps the all IDs that have ever joined, then it would be incredibly useful, as it would mean we don't have to search back through all the logs to find an ID. Could it be edited to include the name of the file (so the log file) that each ID was found in, or the most recent file it was found in?

It does not search into logs files, it's a server side script part of this package, it doesn't include the date when it has been last used since it wouldn't make sense (it would if it was only for one server), also, it's a bit late to put it now since ~45,000 names were already collected.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2014, 11:47:47 am »
In that case, I don't really think that it's a huge benefit. Not to say that it's bad, because it seems interesting, but it wouldn't help out the NW_Official admins much. Senior admins could benefit from a tool which complies a list of names/IDs, but only if it actually had the specific file the name was found in. Otherwise you don't really gain anything about the context etc, just that he joined with a certain name.
Nice work if you made it yourself though.
Out of interest, which servers do you collect the names from? All the ones that you provide server hosting for I guess?

Offline Dodo

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2014, 06:46:03 pm »
In that case, I don't really think that it's a huge benefit. Not to say that it's bad, because it seems interesting, but it wouldn't help out the NW_Official admins much. Senior admins could benefit from a tool which complies a list of names/IDs, but only if it actually had the specific file the name was found in. Otherwise you don't really gain anything about the context etc, just that he joined with a certain name.
Nice work if you made it yourself though.
Out of interest, which servers do you collect the names from? All the ones that you provide server hosting for I guess?

The point of this tool is to be able to get each name a player used in order to readapt punishment if he has already been in the past, or even if you've someone trolling you and your regiment, it could be someone you know or anything, you can drectly get his name. It has not been made for anything else. Yes, every servers I am hosting got it included, enabled by defaults, then, customers are free to remove it if they don't want to have it on their server.