Author Topic: 99th Highlanders trolls  (Read 1540 times)

Offline The_Swedish_Dude

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 56e_SCol_The_Swedish_Dude
  • Side: Neutral
99th Highlanders trolls
« on: December 20, 2013, 09:35:41 pm »
The 99th highlanders are a bunch of trolls that have taken members of the 56e. We're currently trying to tell all of our members to stay. Currently 3 members have been taken by this facist trolly regiment. We're expecting loads more to leave because of them promising high ranks to all that join.

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
  • Overlord of the 00th Regiment, Time and Space.
    • View Profile
    • www.PlanetThundersnow.com
Re: 99th Highlanders trolls
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 09:50:54 pm »
Be thankful that another regiment took members that it did.  They would undoubtedly have become a slowly festering mold, corroding your regiment from the inside over time. 

You only want members who are there because they enjoy your company and are having fun, not because they aspire to 2nd in command within 5 minutes of joining.

Offline Richard_Miller

• First Lieutenant
  • Traitor troooollll #BStrongCoony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 09:52:50 pm »
K den

Offline Servers4u

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 10:19:28 pm »
Be thankful that another regiment took members that it did.  They would undoubtedly have become a slowly festering mold, corroding your regiment from the inside over time. 

You only want members who are there because they enjoy your company and are having fun, not because they aspire to 2nd in command within 5 minutes of joining.
+1

If people play this game to achieve a high rank rather than playing in the regiment with a nice atmosphere, then they are not very clever. After all it's just a game and at the end of the day it's about enjoying the game you play, rather than "achieve" a high rank in a gaming community. Having a high rank does not necessarily mean that you will enjoy the game more, and everyone who got experience with this knows it. It's all about the people in the regiment that decides if you will enjoy the game or not. And if people leaves your regiment to get a higher rank in another then you don't really want them in your regiment in the first place.

I am not defending the 99th whatsoever, in a matter of fact I think it's very bad behaviour to try to lure people to join you by offering them a good rank. A good regiment don't give out instant high ranks, take that as something positive, it's usually bad regiments in all categories. Which often ends up disbanding, offering members an instant high rank is a desperate way of trying to get more members. Regiments that does this are not stable at all. Good luck with the 56e and I hope that no more of your members leave :-)

Offline Svensson

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 10:32:20 pm »
Your members are not your private property and thus can not steal any member from you.

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 10:41:10 pm »
Consider the following:

Spoiler
They don't care for your regiment.
[close]

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 11:05:01 pm »
If members want to leave you, take in account the following:

1. (Barely happens) Said members are not entirely 100%
2. There is something wrong with your regiment.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 11:33:48 pm »

+1

If people play this game to achieve a high rank rather than playing in the regiment with a nice atmosphere, then they are not very clever. After all it's just a game and at the end of the day it's about enjoying the game you play, rather than "achieve" a high rank in a gaming community. Having a high rank does not necessarily mean that you will enjoy the game more, and everyone who got experience with this knows it. It's all about the people in the regiment that decides if you will enjoy the game or not. And if people leaves your regiment to get a higher rank in another then you don't really want them in your regiment in the first place.

I am not defending the 99th whatsoever, in a matter of fact I think it's very bad behaviour to try to lure people to join you by offering them a good rank. A good regiment don't give out instant high ranks, take that as something positive, it's usually bad regiments in all categories. Which often ends up disbanding, offering members an instant high rank is a desperate way of trying to get more members. Regiments that does this are not stable at all. Good luck with the 56e and I hope that no more of your members leave :-)
All in all I agree with you there, but a lot of people playing this game want to have those high ranks to gain power they don't have in real life. But yeah you're better off without those.

Your members are not your private property and thus can not steal any member from you.
Yes they are not his property but you should understand his anger, he probably helped them to get into this community or even tried to improve his members in drills, melee and shooting and than at the end some other guy comes along and picks off the best of them. That ain't fair and stealing members is a no go in this community (atleast for most regiments, though I know some exceptions  ::) ).

Offline Desert Thunda

• Colonel
  • u wish u knew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Commissar_DesertThunda
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 12:06:50 am »
I care so much.

Offline Madbull

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Grd_Madbull
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2013, 12:18:27 am »
kden

Offline Patrykus

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14pk_Darth_Patrykus
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2013, 01:10:59 am »

+1

+1

Offline McEwan

• Brigadier General
  • "McEwok" "McScrubwin" "ManJewban" "McWeewan"
    • View Profile
    • Marins de la Garde ImpĂ©riale on Enjin!
  • Nick: IXe[Marins]_McEwan
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2013, 01:53:15 am »
Thanks for sharing.

Kielbasa!