Author Topic: Toggle Weapon Mode Problem  (Read 1473 times)

Offline Nuchiha

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ginger/Red_Oktoberfest
  • Side: Union
Toggle Weapon Mode Problem
« on: August 14, 2013, 05:15:23 am »
Well when I click my "Toggle Weapon Mode" (The key that switches between ranged and melee.), sometimes it doesn't work. For me it's set as "Q", because it's easier and faster to press than "X" for me. So when I press it, sometimes it doesn't work, requiring me to press it repeatedly until it does. It's not just the key either, I'm able to use it fine in other activities (Most notably, typing and other games.). This is a minor inconvenience, because usually when I enter melee I can back up for the several seconds I need to press the key repeatedly. But when I'm surprised or in very close quarters, it can be the end of my avatar's life (I use avatar meaning as the character you're playing as.).

Other keys I've tried using are; "Tab", "E". I want to use a key that I can access quickly because, sometimes you aren't expecting melee combat and it's a surprise. I'm fine when I have a secondary item though, mostly a sword or sabre briquet.
1st Egg Nog - Corporal

Offline Jay_One

• Donator
  • 84e Retired Prison Guard
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jay_One
Re: Toggle Weapon Mode Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 01:21:29 pm »
The most recent patch implemented a delay between switching weapon modes. Are you sure you aren't just pressing Q too quickly after switching?

Offline Nuchiha

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 03:23:51 pm »
The most recent patch implemented a delay between switching weapon modes. Are you sure you aren't just pressing Q too quickly after switching?

I did not know this, I'll have to go host a not-so-online multiplayer match and test it out.
1st Egg Nog - Corporal

Offline Nuchiha

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 03:04:04 am »

I did not know this, I'll have to go host a not-so-online multiplayer match and test it out.

It's not the problem, tried waiting up to five seconds and it didn't switch. Unless the weapon switch is six seconds or higher (Which I really doubt, since I've switched instantly post-update when the toggle works), the toggle weapon isn't functioning right.
1st Egg Nog - Corporal

Offline Mathias

• Captain
  • 1st place 1v1 and a little more since I forgot
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 05:13:22 am »
Well the delay is about 2 seconds.

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 07:41:05 pm »
A 1 second delay after switching has been added to fix a exploit, sadly this is anoying when accidentally switching but better than the animation exploit.

Offline Nuchiha

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 06:33:39 am »
A 1 second delay after switching has been added to fix a exploit, sadly this is anoying when accidentally switching but better than the animation exploit.

Is this exploit when people switch from a "holding" melee attack, to ranged and were able to aim almost instantly rather than raising the musket like normal? If so, it's happened to me before post-update, I got used to it (pre-update) and I'm not great at bayonet-melee so I probably would've died anyways. Can updated clients play on outdated servers? If so, this explains how I'm experiencing persistence of it, but it doesn't explain my odd toggle issue.

About the toggle-delay, I'm pretty confident it's not that. I've hosted a server match by myself (Forever Alone), to test it out and see if the issue was merely client-side lag from my internet. It appears not, I can click the toggle button and nothing will happen, even after five seconds. Since no one has been posting in this thread saying they've had a similar issue, I may just have had the update go wrong on my client. I'll re-install it to see if the issue goes away.

Thanks for the help, mates. I'll post back after the re-install to see if the problem persists or subsides.
1st Egg Nog - Corporal

Offline Jay_One

• Donator
  • 84e Retired Prison Guard
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jay_One
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 07:17:03 am »
Is this exploit when people switch from a "holding" melee attack, to ranged and were able to aim almost instantly rather than raising the musket like normal?

No.

Can updated clients play on outdated servers?

No.

Offline Nuchiha

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 08:05:36 am »

Is this exploit when people switch from a "holding" melee attack, to ranged and were able to aim almost instantly rather than raising the musket like normal? If so, it's happened to me before post-update, I got used to it (pre-update) and I'm not great at bayonet-melee so I probably would've died anyways. Can updated clients play on outdated servers? If so, this explains how I'm experiencing persistence of it, but it doesn't explain my odd toggle issue.

About the toggle-delay, I'm pretty confident it's not that. I've hosted a server match by myself (Forever Alone), to test it out and see if the issue was merely client-side lag from my internet. It appears not, I can click the toggle button and nothing will happen, even after five seconds. Since no one has been posting in this thread saying they've had a similar issue, I may just have had the update go wrong on my client. I'll re-install it to see if the issue goes away.

Thanks for the help, mates. I'll post back after the re-install to see if the problem persists or subsides.

Manually deleted all the files as well as did the uninstall. Man, over 60-Gigabytes of memory.

Anyways the problem subsided, I experience the proper 1-second delay now. Thanks for the help, mates.
1st Egg Nog - Corporal