Author Topic: NW Duel League strikes back? O.o  (Read 3440 times)

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NW Duel League strikes back? O.o
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2015, 12:05:32 am »
Community Name: KillerShark
Steam Name: You got me
Regiment: 18th

Put me in coach

Online Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2015, 12:16:31 pm »
Spoiler
What Mack said. And i'm tired of the same duel tournies and 5v5 matches, i'm glad 18th are doing creative tournies.
One question- so  if I get third in the gold division, it means I can't go up a division AND won't be participating in the playoffs, correct?
And in the playoff phase, the people who make there way up to the top in the Masters group without being brought down means they win it all, correct? OR will it be like, all 6 divisions get a winner? How do you win?
If you are going to do it with multiple leagues then you should probably do it like I did in the [FG]Duel League and have League A, B and C for the first season instead of League 1, 2, 3 as the leagues skill groups will be very mixed for the first season.So basically the top third of each league go to the league 1, the middle third league 2 and the bottom third league 3, this would balance them out (more than any other way quickly).

Thanks for the suggestion!

Yeah that does sound like a pretty solid way to sort people. I guess I could throw 6 people randomly into the 6 divisions, and at the end of the season, I put all the #1s in Masters, #2s in Diamond, #3s in plat etc etc, and maybe do a post-season knockout tournament for the Masters division to get a regular season winner (or just not have one at all).

However, I kind of want to keep the league interesting right off the bat, so I can keep the momentum and get it off the ground, and I dont think having RNG based groups would get the job done (RNG groups have been done before). Because of this, I would guestimate and place players in leagues based on my own opinion, and nobody elses just to make sure all the QQ and rage is focused on me. Maybe id even make players agree to not qq in about their placement when signing up, just so theres no qq in the first place.
[close]
Of course you can do that, but people QQ enough when they lose, even when they win on this mod, imagine how much they will QQ if they feel you put them in the "wrong" league, I personally couldn't be fucked with that. Getting people to sign up saying they won't be won't work, people will always QQ and nothing will stop it. ^^

Good luck if you do it anyway. ;)
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2015, 10:58:11 pm »
Spoiler
What Mack said. And i'm tired of the same duel tournies and 5v5 matches, i'm glad 18th are doing creative tournies.
One question- so  if I get third in the gold division, it means I can't go up a division AND won't be participating in the playoffs, correct?
And in the playoff phase, the people who make there way up to the top in the Masters group without being brought down means they win it all, correct? OR will it be like, all 6 divisions get a winner? How do you win?
If you are going to do it with multiple leagues then you should probably do it like I did in the [FG]Duel League and have League A, B and C for the first season instead of League 1, 2, 3 as the leagues skill groups will be very mixed for the first season.So basically the top third of each league go to the league 1, the middle third league 2 and the bottom third league 3, this would balance them out (more than any other way quickly).

Thanks for the suggestion!

Yeah that does sound like a pretty solid way to sort people. I guess I could throw 6 people randomly into the 6 divisions, and at the end of the season, I put all the #1s in Masters, #2s in Diamond, #3s in plat etc etc, and maybe do a post-season knockout tournament for the Masters division to get a regular season winner (or just not have one at all).

However, I kind of want to keep the league interesting right off the bat, so I can keep the momentum and get it off the ground, and I dont think having RNG based groups would get the job done (RNG groups have been done before). Because of this, I would guestimate and place players in leagues based on my own opinion, and nobody elses just to make sure all the QQ and rage is focused on me. Maybe id even make players agree to not qq in about their placement when signing up, just so theres no qq in the first place.
Of course you can do that, but people QQ enough when they lose, even when they win on this mod, imagine how much they will QQ if they feel you put them in the "wrong" league, I personally couldn't be fucked with that. Getting people to sign up saying they won't be won't work, people will always QQ and nothing will stop it. ^^

Good luck if you do it anyway. ;)
[close]
Yeah true.

Offline Kovyjack

• Captain
  • I'm gay, no homo though.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr.21
  • Side: Union
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2015, 08:29:55 am »
Looks like Gluk is going to initiate this before you.  ::) ::)

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2015, 09:01:22 am »
Looks like I asked him 2.