Author Topic: Possible Cup-style tournaments/events?  (Read 2214 times)

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
  • Side: Neutral
Possible Cup-style tournaments/events?
« on: March 22, 2015, 08:21:01 am »
So I was looking at all these various leagues in the NW community (cool stuff  8)) and I was thinking that there should be some form of invitational tournament or cup type things. Looking at European Football (Soccer) they have several things like that, such as the Champions League and random competition that occur kind of parallel to the various leagues, with invitations being given out due to teams performance in certain competitions. So I was thinking having some kind of proposing something of the sort and seeing what you guys thought:

1. My first idea I thought was to have a single-match invitational thing similar to the FA Community Shield where the winner of the NWL would take on the winner of the TNWL in maybe a best-of-3 series of first to 10 games over the course of a week or so.

2. My second idea was a FA Cup style knockout tournament, where any number of regiments can sign up with maybe the bigger boys of the community not getting in on the action til the later rounds to allow the smaller regiments to get some tournament experience and advance abit. Of course, drawbacks would be organizing that thing and setting up how it all works, which I am not gonna bother myself with x.x

3. My third idea was another knockout tournament, but being alot simpler than my previous idea. I was thinking more of just a straight up invitational tournament with invitations being given to regiments based on their performance in their respective leagues (kinda like the champions league). Ex: Invitations go out to the 1-3 Place of the TNWL, 1-3 place of League 1 of the NWL (if a regiment in 1-3 place of NWL already qualified, qualification would trickle down the list until it got to someone without an invitation), 1-2 place of Semi-Pro TNWL, 1-2 place of League 2 of NWL.

I know theres alot of leagues going on right now, but the way I am designing this is so itd happen "post-season", so after they all finish. Also I think a tournament like this should be kind of important is competitive NW is to survive as there needs to be something really centralizing the competitive scene without merging/removing leagues (The more competitions, the better you ask me). Tell me what y'all think!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 08:27:06 am by AP0CALYPS3 »

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Cup-style tournaments/events?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 08:23:18 am »
Ey
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 08:24:58 am by AP0CALYPS3 »

Offline Kovyjack

• Captain
  • I'm gay, no homo though.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr.21
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 09:46:22 am »
1. I like, but what if the winner of TNWL and NANWL happen to be the same regiment?  ???

2. Could you go more in depth to who/what the "bigger boys of the community" are?

3. I like this aswell, but when you come to think of it, the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places in both leagues would have to be the same considering both leagues consist of the same core regiments.  :P

So basically, your ideas overall are just coming up with multiple ways that NANWL and TNWL could coincide..... I like!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Josh Faraday

• Colonel
  • Desires Stroh 80.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Arminius
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 12:13:42 pm »
pls delete
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 12:16:06 pm by John Preston »
Arminius/Dennis Bergkamp/Tristan Bouvier/J.P. ...

All my life I’ve been fearful of defeat. But now that it has come it’s not near as terrible as I’d expected. The sun still shines, water still tastes good…glory is all well and good but life is enough, nay?

Offline Tammo

• Major
  • I eat ass daily
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bob Ross
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 02:59:28 pm »
Good ideas, maybe the community can use them later season tnwl

Offline KillerShark

• First Lieutenant
  • THE KillerShark
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 03:27:45 pm »
Sounds good. I think the 3rd idea would work out the best, but the 2nd idea could be very interesting if all the regiments in the twitch event wanted to participate.
Former: 29th CSjt, 12th Cpl, Nr37 Kpl, 21eme SoD, 18th LtCol, 1stMN/64th SgtMaj, 23rdPA SgtMaj, 45e CplFo, 78th ESO, 29th Capt, 57th Kgm, LG Fus, 71st Cpl, 34e SoD, 2ndQF LCpl, LG Uffz, Nr4 Gmnr, 98e SoD, 75e Fus, 18e FusV, 47th Grd, and 21st Pte.

Self Proclaimed best movement key player NA

Offline Tammo

• Major
  • I eat ass daily
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 03:48:29 pm »
Coulda started these ideas when 12th/7thRF/2ndQF were undesputed  :-\

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 03:50:41 pm »
I had an idea that I can't be bothered to host myself as I am stopping after NWWC.

A NA/EU Duel League where players duel and do 5 rounds on EU and 5 rounds on NA, someones probably thought about it before but I think it'd be fun. This could ofc be done with lots of different things like 5v5s even NWWC.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Tammo

• Major
  • I eat ass daily
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 04:41:23 pm »
I had an idea that I can't be bothered to host myself as I am stopping after NWWC.

A NA/EU Duel League where players duel and do 5 rounds on EU and 5 rounds on NA, someones probably thought about it before but I think it'd be fun. This could ofc be done with lots of different things like 5v5s even NWWC.

Dueling is wonky with a 30 ping difference, it would be super wonky

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 04:45:00 pm »

Dueling is wonky with a 30 ping difference, it would be super wonky
It is the most balanced way to see who is better overall or even as a side (NA/EU).
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Tammo

• Major
  • I eat ass daily
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2015, 04:59:51 pm »
It would be between east coast and non mainland europeans everybody else would have stupid pings

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2015, 05:20:23 pm »
Europeans don't even wanna go on NA servers because the servers are all in the middle of the US
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2015, 07:09:49 pm »
Europeans don't even wanna go on NA servers because the servers are all in the middle of the US
I go on NA servers. :(

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2015, 07:49:02 pm »
1. I like, but what if the winner of TNWL and NANWL happen to be the same regiment?  ???

2. Could you go more in depth to who/what the "bigger boys of the community" are?

3. I like this aswell, but when you come to think of it, the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places in both leagues would have to be the same considering both leagues consist of the same core regiments.  :P

So basically, your ideas overall are just coming up with multiple ways that NANWL and TNWL could coincide..... I like!  ;D ;D ;D

1.  Then you would use the exact same system that the FA Community Shield used which I referenced: "If the Premier League champions also won the FA Cup then the league runners-up provide the opposition."

2. Thats exactly what I was saying. I dont want to have to go define who the big boys are but itd most likely be based on league performance yata yata yata and I dont wanna have to do that.

3. Eh not entirely true. If the leagues are not run at the same time (which I hope they wont), youll have players leaving and switching regiments which can really mess up things. Regiments in NW are not the most stable thing, and the ones that have been stable, are few and far between.