Author Topic: adding custom maps?  (Read 848 times)

Offline noenoe330

• Private
    • View Profile
adding custom maps?
« on: May 25, 2014, 01:55:56 pm »
So what do I put in my server files? and how do I do it.
I know that you can replace a map. but it keeps it's name.
And some servers have 'custom map 15' or 'A historical name' as there custom map.
but how do you do this. ?

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: adding custom maps?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 05:40:26 pm »
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,228008.0.html

That explains what you want to do.

I'll make a quick post as well and hopefully it helps.  Let me know if you have any questions.  I recommend saving any files somewhere before you make any changes.

In a server, you have all the pre made maps by the devs(or others). If you make your own map and want to be able to select that map in server from the list of maps, you have to replace an existing map.

I find it easier to make the original changes on your comp before you upload it to the server.    So lets use ambush as an example of map you want to replace with your own.  Go to your scenes.txt file and look for custom map x(search function will help) and copy the numbers after the name of the map down(and including) to the terrain.  Illustrations are in the link I provided near the bottom of the OP.   I recommend saving the number somewhere off to the side.

Take your custom_map_x and rename it scn_mp_ambush.sco  in your scene objects folder.

Go to scenes folder and replace the ambush numbers and terrain with the one that you copied from your custom map.

It should be your map now.  You can test to make sure by going on your game, host a game, and select ambush.

If all works well.  upload/replace ambush on the server and remember to replace the numbers in the scenes.txt file in the server.  if it doesn't work, retry after restoring the file back to what it was before your changes.

Test it on the server.  If all goes well add it to the rotation or play it whenever you want.

I have not tried this but you might be able to upload the custom map to the server by itself(with its code) and place it in the rotation but you would not be able to select it in server.  It would only show up when it gets to that part of the rotation.

Be sure to reset the server every time after you upload a new map or make changes and want them to take place.  I do strongly recommend you test the map out before you put it in the rotation.  Make sure everything works the way you want.  Do some small tests with some friends.

Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.