Poll

Tick what things you could help with:

Writing events (battles, plots, world events)
4 (36.4%)
Keep a track of player-made events and record them as they're made, and check frequently for changes
2 (18.2%)
Creating good, meaningful features from top to bottom (requires lore knowledge most of the time)
2 (18.2%)
Assisting with map *creation* if needed
3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: New BoP?  (Read 3596 times)

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
  • Side: Union
New BoP?
« on: August 02, 2017, 10:18:25 pm »
We haven't had one in a while. I think it's safe to say which people are or aren't reliable hosts. Anyone with a good track record of hosting games interested in starting one, or is this board just going to die?

I thought about starting a Witcher, Warhammer Fantasy, Game of Thrones (likely one set before Aegon's Conquest though), Warband (that'd be put on Taleworlds though, probably), 1444 continuation or redo (not necessarily the same date), or something else. Any interest for any of these? Many of them would be a lot of work for me, so if you're really looking forward to any of them, do offer help if you can give it.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 10:22:29 pm by Audiate »

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: New BoP?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 10:21:28 pm »
We haven't had one in a while. I think it's safe to say which people are or aren't reliable hosts. Anyone with a good track record of hosting games interested in starting one, or is this board just going to die?
Do we even have anyone who is?

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 10:23:43 pm »
I did a lot of work for AoE 1444, doing success rolls, writing, map edits. I don't know if I'd want to do one all on my own, though.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 10:25:49 pm by Audiate »

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 10:51:52 pm »
I would play pretty much anything, but be warned that I don't know anything about the Witcher or Warhammer universes
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Raddeo

• Brigadier General
  • One, who prefer to be Comrade that Human Resource
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 11:52:15 pm »
I'm in for basically anything but GoT. I may also help a bit with mechanics and writing if the host would want me to.
There is a story that scientists built an inteligent computer.
The first question they asked it was "Is there a God?"
The computer replied "There is now."
And the bolt of lightning struck the plug,
So it couldn't be turned off.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 12:16:40 am »
I would play pretty much anything, but be warned that I don't know anything about the Witcher or Warhammer universes

I can pretty safely guarantee that that won't matter, but players would have to play by the rules of whatever universe they're in, that's a given no matter what universe. Magic =/= god powers.

For those interested, Witcher would cover the Northern Realms and, like, the top half of Nilfgaard, for balance reasons. Nilfgaard would probably be managed by AI, too, as well as the Hierarch of the Eternal Fire (kinda like a pope), but both's vassals would be playable in theory, like Cintra, Toussaint, Nazair, etc. for Nilfgaard and the Novigradian Patricians (MAYBE) for the Hierarch. I'm also fine with the Hierarch being playable, but there'd have to be some rule about succession if that becomes relevant.

As for Warhammer, I'm thinking the Empire, the dwarf holdings, the wood elves, Bretonnia, Kislev, Estalia, Tilea, the Border Princes, and Orc, Chaos, and Chaos Dwarf invasions, either controlled by players, or AI if not. Ulthuan maybe, if I manage to do all the other stuff, but that's already a lot of work. Noscrea would come before Ulthuan in priorities, but I'm not even sure how Noscrea would be done, since there's minimal unity there. The Empire regions would each be playable, I guess, with each being able to fight/plot for control of the empire, and the emperor would have some unlocked advantages when the empire is unified, I guess. Warhammer is probably not going to happen, realistically, unless there's a lot of support for it.

I'm in for basically anything but GoT. I may also help a bit with mechanics and writing if the host would want me to.

GoT was my last pick, personally, because I have little interest in a lot of the houses, and the liege-vassal system would be a huge pain in the ass.

Added a poll, if you're willing to help (I understand you might not want to depending on whatever theme it is), fill that out.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 12:19:04 am by Audiate »

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 02:15:54 am »
Im also up for anything historical. Fantasy, not so much
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 02:17:38 am by Dazzer »

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 10:45:35 pm »
let me fulfill me weebish desire and unite Japan #SengokuPeriodJapan

I'll help with what I can which is just pretty much giving my feedback on game mechanics, which pretty much just means saying "sure" or "looks good" to everything

« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 10:48:42 pm by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Raddeo

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 12:42:10 am »
So, Audiate, will you try to start something new? Or is the interest too small and the project is already dead before it even started?

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 02:02:44 am »
From the look of things, interest is too low, there wouldn't be a point.

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2017, 02:55:46 pm »
I would be interested in another BOP.

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2017, 02:58:44 pm »
I would be interested in another BOP.
I think we are only like 7 people tho

Offline Raddeo

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2017, 06:08:18 pm »
If Audiate is not going to start a game on his own so there is vacant on the seat of GM and if you guys are willing to play with me on this position, I may try to host a historical game set somewhere in Brone Age (factions like Mycenaean Greece, Egypt, Hittites, Assyria, itp.). Due to the character of that era even 5 or 6 players would be enough to start something coherent and making sense. Obviously politics would be quite limited with such number of players, but it would also fit those times. It would be my first game as GM, but those of you who have played Napoleonic BoP by Volk may already be familiar with my style of writing and my view on the game mechanics. So if you are interested in such solution let me know and I may prepare such game for us ;)

Offline Volk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2017, 08:46:38 am »
I have an old folder somewhere in my hard drive or dropbox full of a bunch of different BoPs and BoP related stuff, I think it's now a mishmash of ideas that have and haven't gotten off the ground. I quit GMing a good chunk of time ago & I feel like you guys could put it to better use, if you'd like. I can give it if you guys really want.

Just an observing opinion, but I think the best game for you all would be a more adventure/fantasy/DnD game. I've noticed that, while BoPs are the most wild and exciting, people have more fun and enjoyment playing DnD type games. It's simpler relative to a BoP, and it's easier to continue after pauses. If memory serves me right some of the best times in this board were when "Roll to Dodge" games (I think they were called) were going on, and I saw just now that one pirate adventure game is still going I think. From personal experience those types of games are a blast to run and play, whether tabletop, forum, conference, Steam etc.

If you guys do decide to try a DnD/RtD/adventure game, might I suggest a game set in the "A Song of Ice and Fire" universe? ASOIAF is the perfect blend of realism and fantasy, and it doesn't need much background, if any at all, to play. I actually recommend perhaps avoiding Westeros itself and instead explore the other areas of the ASOIAF world. The show doesn't go into Essos, Valyria, etc much at all, and there are areas of the world that even the books haven't really gone indepth into. Places like the unexplored continent of Sothoryos, the magical city of Asshai, etc. Just imagine the different places, quests, and stories you can create with the material. It wouldn't take much to think of a decent quest to embark upon, and it would be a good way to rebuild the board.

This is a throwaway post.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2017, 05:21:49 pm »
ASOIAF is the perfect blend of realism and fantasy, and it doesn't need much background, if any at all, to play.

Aside from dragons and gas assassins, the fantasy of ASoIaF is pretty hard to see without delving into a lot of the lore behind it. Its extended, non-magical lore is also largely ignored by the exclusively show-watching community, meaning anything set during a Targaryen reign could be confusing for some, even if it's Aerys II.

This post was legitimately only asking of people had interest in specifically a BoP or not. Whether people want to do a DnD styled game is up for another discussion.