Poll

Do you want me to post bi-weekly updates?

Yes
28 (77.8%)
No
8 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: June 05, 2017, 10:14:12 pm

Author Topic: Community Rep Post - June-July Term  (Read 12861 times)

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
Re: Community Rep Post - June-July Term
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2017, 04:39:41 am »
Since community reps has started, I feel like the actual moderation of this forum has just vanished into nothing.

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2017, 01:03:21 pm »
Since community reps has started, I feel like the actual moderation of this forum has just vanished into nothing.

From French Forum Board Moderator to Language Moderator, here I stand. My story is old and far from being clean. But I rised. I tricked them.

- You're in this council, but we deny granting you the rank of Global Moderator, they said.
- What? How can you do this? This is outrageous. Its unfair! I answered. How can you be given access to the moderator council but still have no right to use the same power as they do?
- Take a seat, young Tardet, Duuring Windu told me.

From the inside, I felt the anger overwhelming my body. I wanted to tell them how wrong and foolish they were not to trust me. They wanted to control me. Every single one of their decision taken about my future inside the FSE Forum Administration had lead me to nothing but the obvious. They feared me. They feared my power.

So I would sit, in silence. And even thank them for the so grateful gift they gave me to be among them, but no equal to them.

But their faith was settled. I was born to become the most powerful FSE Forum Moderator. And that they had refuse to give it their consent would make no difference.

Hope you won't mind too much my little 'unserious' digression however in a more serious note, from someone who isn't really fully part of the Global 'FSE' Adminstration yet as I'm only a Language Moderator (with improved permissions), I'm still capable to tell you that FSE Mods/Admins are actually active. Fact is that you are not able to see a major portion of the work they do and decisions they take.

Obviously this activity fluctuates from one to another mod but I wouldn't say they 'vanished' into nothing since CR arrived as it would be quite unfair regarding the work they do.

At the end of the day, there is one thing which is true, which is that this FSE Moderation Team is behaving slightly differently from the one I used to know years ago. To judge if it's for the best or the worse is up to anyone but I'm personally relatively happy about how things are dealt with, in most cases.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Dark_Knight

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • [IVe]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Talope
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2017, 01:30:53 pm »
will we have a dedicated forum for bannerlord?  ::)

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2017, 02:30:45 pm »
The reason it seems like there is little moderation is not because of a lack of moderators, but because there isn't an active head admin or someone willing to take up that role.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2017, 04:29:56 pm »
The reason it seems like there is little moderation is not because of a lack of moderators, but because there isn't an active head admin or someone willing to take up that role.
This is true. The moderators we have now (minus Duuring, really) seem capable of doing their jobs and some are quite excellent, actually. However, "power" is centralized at the top in an inactive, out of touch and power hungry head mod who's the only one who actually wants to do it. It's a disappointing state of affairs.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Norwegian13

« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2017, 06:32:42 pm »
will we have a dedicated forum for bannerlord?  ::)

Obviously not, FSE is in no way associated with TW's new game.

Offline Peppers

• Colonel
  • Father of North American Cavalry
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Pepper
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2017, 01:56:18 pm »
We need a new head moderator who only posted in the world politics thread and never was really in a regiment nor apart of the actual community. Also they need to push there own agenda while at the same time deleting others opinions. I'm sure we can all agree on that right guys?

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2017, 02:43:56 pm »
We need a new head moderator who only posted in the world politics thread and never was really in a regiment nor apart of the actual community. Also they need to push there own agenda while at the same time deleting others opinions. I'm sure we can all agree on that right guys?
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2017, 07:14:17 pm »

It's not nessecary to have been part of a regiment to be moderator here.... You only need to know the forum rules.
And from experience I can tell you there is no agenda from the admin team.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2017, 07:24:15 pm »
I think Matt should be head admin
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2017, 09:21:23 pm »

|Viper|

« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2017, 09:26:42 pm »
pro strats

Offline Peppers

• Colonel
  • Father of North American Cavalry
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Pepper
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2017, 05:12:39 pm »

It's not nessecary to have been part of a regiment to be moderator here.... You only need to know the forum rules.
And from experience I can tell you there is no agenda from the admin team.
O wow now that you confirmed there is no agenda I now believe it. Thanks for clearing that up for me I was so confused now I've seen the light. Thanks for letting my thread stay on the regiments section too.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2017, 09:32:06 pm »
WHat do you want me to do? All I can say that, from the time I had access to the admin board, there was absolutely nothing that even hinted at an agenda. As for the second part, I have no idea what you are talking about.

A lot of people complain about the admins doing nothing are usually coming from the Servers section or the regimental sections. The point here is, that there are dozens and dozens of active thread with hundreds of new posts made every day. This cannot be managed to check on even a weekly basis by a mod team, though it is where most infractions happen. The admin team relies almost solely on reports from such threads to be able to act upon it. This acting upon, if reported usually happens on the same day they are reported.
A small exeption is made, at least from how I went about it personally, is checking some threads on a regular basis where experience learned a lot of shit happens. These are regularly watched treads. The rest needs to be done by reports.

As for the complain I usually see on people not getting punihsment, even though "he is a total asshole who does nothing but troll or be a nuisance". There is a large difference in what people individually experience as annoying and what is actual rule breaking on the forums. A lot of times these people have been bothering these regiments outside of the forums and the admin team cannot act upon that for obvious reasons. Also, repeated minor offenses do not nessecarily warrant a ban, which is usually what people ask for (waaay too soon).
If these persons don't bother anyone on other parts of the forum, there is a good chance that the admins won't bother spending time on such issues and leave it to be solved amongst themselves. Which is a healthy approach for if you want to be involved in everything, you will probably fo insane.

Offline Shadow

• Former Moderator
  • Decorated Soldier, Validated Commander, GHTG
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Shadow
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2017, 11:06:21 pm »
Note:  This is just my perspective, and not that of the Moderating team - I am not speaking on behalf of FSE so much as my perspective and what I bring.

Thanks for your posts, Peppers and Riddlez.  Not to sum it all up (but to do it a little) - the community's purpose is to be just that - a community.  If you want to be a part of it, then please do.  Note that there is a responsibility to being a part of it though - freedom isn't just something that people can do "whatever" with - freedom is a responsibility, and a privilege to receive.  If you don't want to be a part or use the responsibility/privilege wisely, then the "door" is there - don't let it hit you on the way out.

We trust the community to solve problems that do not need a "moderator" to weigh in.  For those instances where there's constant rule breaking and a clear lack of care/concern towards others (be the posts seem benign), we step in.  You have seen that.

I'd ask that if you have any other concerns (as always), as is probably with the rest of the moderating team, contact me.  I'll commit to responding, as long as there are quality comments that warrant quality responses.

Again, thank you for your posts.
FSE Head Moderator, Feb 2018 - Apr 2022
FSE Community Moderator, Oct 2015 - Feb 2018

FSE Discord Moderator, Dec 2018 - Present

Former Leutnant 19te Prussian Infantry || Feel free to contact me on Steam here

Join the FSE Discord here!