Author Topic: Cavalry_Groupfighting Server  (Read 29636 times)

Offline Glenn_

• Second Lieutenant
  • Just some kid.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Cavalry_Groupfighting Server
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2016, 10:24:30 am »
Name: 4th_QOH_VetTrp_Tempchar
Time and date of ban if known: About one hour before this post was made
Admin that banned you: MrAnnoying
The reason: No given reason
Why you should be unbanned: I was banned without warning, but I can probably guess that MrAnnoying banned me for questioning his administration methods. I joined the server and decided to go dragoon. After I won a round, I shot my gun into the air as a sign of victory. The shot was fired AFTER the round ended, there was no way it could have killed an enemy, as they were all dead, or a friend, as it was shot into the air. MrAnnoying slayed me the next round and said "no shooting." I assumed that this was a joke to make fun of how strict he is, so the next round that I won, I fired a shot again. Again, I was slayed and MrAnnoying said "second warning, next is ban" Realizing he was serious, I was dumbfounded. Nobody was being offended by the shots, and there is really no need for MrAnnoying to flex his banhammer over such an innocent action. After the threat of being banned, I stopped firing altogether.

I was not happy with MrAnnoying's unreasonably strict principles, and some other players in the server were not too, so a few of us continued to play as dragoons and pointed our guns in the air during rounds. We did not fire our guns, it was simply a form of protest so MrAnnoying can see that this server does not have to be 100% serious; silly moments can be had. The server went on as normal, it is important to note that MrAnnoying has not said ANYTHING regarding our "protest." No warnings to stop our behavior, or any disagreements in chat. He simply continued playing, as if not bothered by us poking fun at his administration style. However, on one round, a new player joined. This new player joined as a dragoon, and shot an enemy player with his gun. MrAnnoying, the one who slayed me within seconds of shooting my gun at the end of the round, let the player who just KILLED another with their gun, continue playing.

I asked MrAnnoying a question along the lines of, "you slayed me, will you not slay the guy who actually killed someone"

I was then permabanned without any warning shortly after typing that.

I'm sorry to make this such a long wall of text, but my ban was clearly for personal reasons. According to a friend who was on the server, MrAnnoying said shortly after banning me, "warned him 4 times" or something along those lines. I was clearly warned less times than that, and those warnings were for shooting after round end. I did not fire a single shot around the time that I was permabanned, so I am left to believe that the ban was for some personal reason that are with no doubt, invalid.

I suppose I can end it there, because despite all I have told you, I am not really sure why MrAnnoying decided to permaban me for an unstated reason. If you can ask him what was really the straw that broke his back, then I can testify further on this.

I am somewhat of a regular on this server, and I hate to be locked from it without any warning.

Firstly I will repost this here: cavgf.lefora.com, So that the other admins can see it.

But I also believe that this isn't entirely true is it? As from looking at the logs I can see that he warned you numerous times, and you kept ignoring them and continued to break the rules, you also then insulted an admin multiple times. Please go to : cavgf.lefora.com, to reply/explain why the logs do not match your story here.

Offline Azhrei

• First Sergeant
  • Cavalry Groupfighting Senior Admin
    • View Profile
    • http://cavgf.lefora.com
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2016, 11:27:30 am »
Not that you have a leg to stand on here, nor does it matter in the slightest that you think you should be unbanned because he told you four times not to shoot and you counted less than that (to be told once is enough), but here's what I found in the logs -

00:14:40 - *Admin*[MrAnnoying]: no shooting
00:22:30 - *Admin*[MrAnnoying]: no shooting 2nd warning now
00:23:01 - *Admin*[MrAnnoying]: it makes  no difference when where how or why no shooting 
0:26:30 - [MrAnnoying] next shooter is getting banned

Is it just me, or do I count four warnings? I think I do! I think it's not just me! To reiterate, not that it mattered in any way whatsoever.

I also found these hilarious little tidbits -

00:23:40 - [4th_QOH_VetTrp_Tempchar] all go dragoon in protest
 00:23:45 - [4th_QOH_VetTrp_Tempchar] #shootfortempchar

00:26:36 - [4th_QOH_VetTrp_Tempchar] good admin
 00:26:38 - [4th_QOH_VetTrp_Tempchar] bans   
 00:26:43 - [4th_QOH_VetTrp_Tempchar] for the sake of banning

00:32:44 - 4th_QOH_VetTrp_Tempchar teamkilled Merlen_Horse_RitM_Althalus.
 00:32:46 - [4th_QOH_VetTrp_Tempchar] sry
 00:33:10 - [Merlen_Horse_RitM_Althalus] ;__________________;
 00:33:14 - [4th_QOH_VetTrp_Tempchar] sry bb
 00:33:18 - [4th_QOH_VetTrp_Tempchar] i fire a shot in your honor
 00:33:21 - [4th_QOH_VetTrp_Tempchar] up into the sky
 00:33:21 - [Merlen_Horse_RitM_Althalus] kek
 00:33:23 - [4th_QOH_VetTrp_Tempchar] at round end

00:45:49 - [4th_QOH_VetTrp_Tempchar] good fight
 00:45:53 - [4th_QOH_VetTrp_Tempchar] i fire a shot in honor

So, after being warned multiple times by an admin not to shoot, you a) continue to shoot and b) try to annoy him in the process. Smart stuff.

The rule is simple - no shooting. You do not get to have your own interpretation of this rule, so no - you cannot shoot in the air or at the ground, no matter that it's not hurting anybody. You don't get to make that decision. You were warned, slain and finally permbanned for breaking a rule multiple times, and trying to get other people to do the same. Undoubtedly you will claim that you were only kidding around for that last, but it doesn't matter. You broke a rule, you were warned against doing it again, you continued. The admin slew you, warned you multiple times after that, and seeing that warnings and a slaying wasn't getting through to you, he escalated the punishment and permbanned you.

There was nothing personal about this, so stop crying about the big, mean admin who had a vendetta against your poor self. You broke the rules and you were punished for it. That's all there is to it.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 11:34:45 am by Azhrei »

Offline Glenn_

• Second Lieutenant
  • Just some kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2016, 11:46:31 am »
The rule is simple - no shooting. You do not get to have your own interpretation of this rule, so no - you cannot shoot in the air or at the ground, no matter that it's not hurting anybody. You don't get to make that decision. You were warned, slain and finally permbanned for breaking a rule multiple times, and trying to get other people to do the same. Undoubtedly you will claim that you were only kidding around for that last, but it doesn't matter. You broke a rule, you were warned against doing it again, you continued. The admin slew you, warned you multiple times after that, and seeing that warnings and a slaying wasn't getting through to you, he escalated the punishment and permbanned you.

I totally agree here, MrAnnoying has been nothing but patient and fair here, you were given many more chances than most are given on this server. If it was me I would have banned you on the 2nd shot.

Offline Althalus

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Althalus
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2016, 11:58:43 am »
I understand that, but can I get a justification for why I was banned?  I argued that it shouldn't be against the rules (and that admins should use discretion and/or common sense in applying the rules instead of blindly enforcing them). And yet I log on today to find myself banned.

I did not shoot in the air again after the warnings, so can I at least get a reason?

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2016, 01:12:44 pm »
I understand that, but can I get a justification for why I was banned?  I argued that it shouldn't be against the rules (and that admins should use discretion and/or common sense in applying the rules instead of blindly enforcing them). And yet I log on today to find myself banned.

I did not shoot in the air again after the warnings, so can I at least get a reason?

Just to point this out: MrAnnoying acted 100% after the rules, and showed even a lot of patience. You will not find many administrators that warn people 4 times.

1. Common sense? The rules say: "No shooting." Read them before you play and obey them - that's called common sense.
2. I disagree with you on the point of how to enforce the rules. The administrators are there to enforce the rules, not just tell people them. That doesn't work - I believe most administrators have seen/noticed that - Tempchar being a great example.
3. Take this to the respective website of the server, which Glenn has linked you to.

Offline Glenn_

• Second Lieutenant
  • Just some kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2016, 01:24:47 pm »

You were banned for multiple reasons: rule breaking, admin abuse and maybe even trolling based on what I read in the logs. (will be speaking to MrAnnoying as soon as he is on to clear this up), but MrAnnoying acted 100% in his role. Like Rhen just said, most admins wouldn't give you a second chance let alone 4. Now please respond here: http://cavgf.lefora.com/topic/7/BanUnban-Requests#.Vqi23vmLSUk

Offline Althalus

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2016, 01:49:55 pm »

You were banned for multiple reasons: rule breaking, admin abuse and maybe even trolling based on what I read in the logs. (will be speaking to MrAnnoying as soon as he is on to clear this up), but MrAnnoying acted 100% in his role. Like Rhen just said, most admins wouldn't give you a second chance let alone 4. Now please respond here: http://cavgf.lefora.com/topic/7/BanUnban-Requests#.Vqi23vmLSUk

I wasn't looking for an unban, just a reason. I could try to make an argument about admins and their role being to make judgements, instead of being glorified scripts, but I don't think it'd be welcome or have any attention paid to it.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 02:02:06 pm by Althalus »

Offline Glenn_

• Second Lieutenant
  • Just some kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2016, 02:13:45 pm »
-
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 03:14:55 pm by Glenn_ »

Offline Althalus

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2016, 02:42:17 pm »
That's not me?

Offline Glenn_

• Second Lieutenant
  • Just some kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2016, 03:10:33 pm »
That's not me?

Nvm, I got a wee bit confused :p, I log banned you for admin abuse upon request:
 00:49:16 - *DEAD* [Merlen_Horse_RitM_Althalus] That's the highest degree of aids I've seen all day, and  I spent the day in a college full of ponsy cunts
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 03:14:31 pm by Glenn_ »

Offline Althalus

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2016, 04:16:24 pm »
That's not me?

Nvm, I got a wee bit confused :p, I log banned you for admin abuse upon request:
 00:49:16 - *DEAD* [Merlen_Horse_RitM_Althalus] That's the highest degree of aids I've seen all day, and  I spent the day in a college full of ponsy cunts

Oh yeah, that. Fair enough. I really need to stop playing games while drunk >~>

Offline John_Kennedy

• Volunteer
  • Là où le savoir s'arrête, la religion commence.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: JohnXIV
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2016, 11:18:42 am »
Name: (In-Game) BI_1erEG_Cav_John_Phillipe
Time and date of ban if known: 2 or 3 days before
Admin that banned you: Rastignac
The reason: I say "Câlice" in my sentence:"Câlice de ta mère" or something like that and he don't know what it was then he ban me. ( That is a Câlice: http://www.noelshack.com/2016-06-1455185728-fr-3111-large-1.jpg ) It would like say it's the câlice of your mother...
Why you should be unbanned: I love you :*
Ancien Maréchal des Logis du 3e Régiment de Hussards
Ancien Cavalier Elite du 9e Régiment de Hussards
Ancien Capitaine du Régiment des Hussards de la République
Ancien Aspirant du 10 Régiment de Black Hussards

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2016, 07:25:59 pm »
Name: (In-Game) BI_1erEG_Cav_John_Phillipe
Time and date of ban if known: 2 or 3 days before
Admin that banned you: Rastignac
The reason: I say "Câlice" in my sentence:"Câlice de ta mère" or something like that and he don't know what it was then he ban me. ( That is a Câlice: http://www.noelshack.com/2016-06-1455185728-fr-3111-large-1.jpg ) It would like say it's the câlice of your mother...
Why you should be unbanned: I love you :*

I think your chances for unban would be somewhat higher if you'd came and apologise for throwing insults and your bad manners, say you didn't know that some degree of culture is expected from people coming to the server and promise to act decently when unbanned. But instead you come and offer ridiculous justification ("into the goblet of your mother!" - yeah, how could the innocent nature of this phrase escape me?! Total misunderstanding!) with cherry-picking facts in your relation. Good job.

Offline John_Kennedy

• Volunteer
  • Là où le savoir s'arrête, la religion commence.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: JohnXIV
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2016, 11:39:02 pm »
I understand everything in make. But I have no excuse for supplying because this is a bad understanding of a sentence who have no sense. Then I was irritated by no means to the opponent. Also know that before anything else you would have been able to prevent before acting.
Ancien Maréchal des Logis du 3e Régiment de Hussards
Ancien Cavalier Elite du 9e Régiment de Hussards
Ancien Capitaine du Régiment des Hussards de la République
Ancien Aspirant du 10 Régiment de Black Hussards

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2016, 01:05:43 am »
But I have no excuse for supplying because this is a bad understanding of a sentence who have no sense.

You weren't banned for that sentence only. You were banned for continuous insults of various kind.

Making dubious references to somebody's mother is always considered offensive. I'm sad you were not made aware of that so far in your life and even more sad that you need people on the internet to educate you.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 01:59:09 am by Rastignac »