Author Topic: A rant about Americans that think they won everything - Written by yahoo answers  (Read 44440 times)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Nobody will ever use a nuke on another country and here's why.

Mutually assured destruction. If I go down we all go down. Nobody would ever launch a nuke because if they do then they know that they're bound to get twice as many fired back at them.

Yes, in the cold war. In WWII, someone was bound to be the first and only maker of nuclear bombs. Just imagine what would have happened if the Germans had made it.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
Nobody will ever use a nuke on another country and here's why.

Mutually assured destruction. If I go down we all go down. Nobody would ever launch a nuke because if they do then they know that they're bound to get twice as many fired back at them.

Yes, in the cold war. In WWII, someone was bound to be the first and only maker of nuclear bombs. Just imagine what would have happened if the Germans had made it.

They would have sent it to London most likely. It would have ended the same way that it did when the Americans got it, except reversed. Of course more people would have cared if it was dropped on London. Eurocentrism at its finest.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 05:44:46 pm by Nipplestockings »

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
I think the USA would have been a far more logical decision. Without US, UK would have presumably given up anyway, and it's further away.

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
 by December 1942, it was already apparent that the German nuclear energy project would not make a decisive contribution to ending the German war effort.
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
Yes, and three days before Pearl harbour the US admiral said their navy would never be caught be a surprise attack.

What they said and thought has very little to do with actual facts.

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile
Yes, and three days before Pearl harbour the US admiral said their navy would never be caught be a surprise attack.

What they said and thought has very little to do with actual facts.
What can you expect? Those japs are sneaky.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Skipper

• First Lieutenant
  • The real Skipper of NW
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skipper
I think the USA would have been a far more logical decision. Without US, UK would have presumably given up anyway, and it's further away.

This is a good example of what the thread was about! The Nazi's had given up on Britain as their only effective tactic, Blitzkrieg, had failed in the sky's against the RAF, the Luftwaffe were meant to clear a path for the heavy vehicles to go in but this island will hold no matter what is thrown at it.

Also In north Africa the Nazi's had been defeated by the British. And in Malta the people held against the constant Italian air attacks and remained loyal to Britain.

Britain would not give up, D-Day was already being planned and Churchill was a very powerful figure who made sure the British people did not give up.

America did contribute greatly, together Britain and USA defeated a lot of Nazi's but the real heroes were the Soviets.
Pirate_Battle_1 Community Rep||||[Former]Groupfighting admin, Jail Break server admin||||88th, 126th, 33rd, 24th, 57th, 2ndCSG, 54th, 4th, 65th, 5Brg, 67th, 57e, 28th

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile

This is a good example of what the thread was about! The Nazi's had given up on Britain as their only effective tactic, Blitzkrieg, had failed in the sky's against the RAF, the Luftwaffe were meant to clear a path for the heavy vehicles to go in but this island will hold no matter what is thrown at it.

Also In north Africa the Nazi's had been defeated by the British. And in Malta the people held against the constant Italian air attacks and remained loyal to Britain.

Britain would not give up, D-Day was already being planned and Churchill was a very powerful figure who made sure the British people did not give up.

America did contribute greatly, together Britain and USA defeated a lot of Nazi's but the real heroes were the Soviets.

Everyone in the allies contributed to the defeat of the axis. That's the point of our argument.
The soviets lost a terrible number of soldiers and civilians in the war but they didn't fought the war alone, it was a joint war where everyone contributed.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile

Heroes?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_during_the_occupation_of_Germany

Offline Skipper

• First Lieutenant
  • The real Skipper of NW
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skipper

Heroes?

You know what I mean.

Everyone in the allies contributed to the defeat of the axis. That's the point of our argument.
The soviets lost a terrible number of soldiers and civilians in the war but they didn't fought the war alone, it was a joint war where everyone contributed.

That's what I said... America did contribute greatly, together Britain and USA defeated a lot of Nazi's But I am implying the Soviets killed more, i'm not pro Soviet or anything. In-fact on cRPG forums someone decided to call me a "British Nationalistic Retard" :L
Pirate_Battle_1 Community Rep||||[Former]Groupfighting admin, Jail Break server admin||||88th, 126th, 33rd, 24th, 57th, 2ndCSG, 54th, 4th, 65th, 5Brg, 67th, 57e, 28th

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile

Heroes?

You know what I mean.

But I am implying the Soviets killed more, i'm not pro Soviet or anything. In-fact on cRPG forums someone decided to call me a "British Nationalistic Retard" :L

And then again the axis powers inflicted more casualties to the allies but however they lost the war. Why was that? A couple of countries can not defeat the entire world and due to the devastating effects of the war, the german economy was collapsing and therefore no one was satisfied.

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
  • Side: Union
its not about how many died its that they used a nuke which is a mass killer bomb and it was the first of its kind. now the world got advanced nukes which can contaminate the area for 100k years. so nothing will ever grrow there and its dangerous. at this point defending america is very stupid as they invented a bomb that might make an end for humanity thanks usa

I guess capitalization and punctation are optional where you live. Besides that, what are you talking about? Could you please show me evidence of a atomic weapon that irradiates an area for 100,000 years? As far as I know, that doesn't exist. This leads me to the end of your statement, "at this point defending america is very stupid as they invented a bomb that might make an end for humanity thanks usa". What? What does that even mean?
Pointy stick champion

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
its not about how many died its that they used a nuke which is a mass killer bomb and it was the first of its kind. now the world got advanced nukes which can contaminate the area for 100k years. so nothing will ever grrow there and its dangerous. at this point defending america is very stupid as they invented a bomb that might make an end for humanity thanks usa

I guess capitalization and punctation are optional where you live. Besides that, what are you talking about? Could you please show me evidence of a atomic weapon that irradiates an area for 100,000 years? As far as I know, that doesn't exist. This leads me to the end of your statement, "at this point defending america is very stupid as they invented a bomb that might make an end for humanity thanks usa". What? What does that even mean?

Tsernobyl, it's very well possible that a bomb may do the same.

Now, there is a difference between supidity, and bravoury. Sovjet (mostly officers) were of the stupid kind.

And, Walko, it does seem like you haven't got anything useful to say, when your first sentence is a grammar statement.

Offline Allasaphore

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Let's just try to look at this from an unemotional perspective. Numbers and facts argue much better than opinions and whims.

This has been my attempt to prevent future derailment. Good day.

On another note, if anyone does tell you this, direct them to the nearest book on the Eastern Front of WWII.

Offline masterborn12

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
i made a mistake but im not completely wrong  first off the chernobyl accident will take 48k years before the radiation is removed. Its still a long time
And second of all the reason why Usa detonated that bomb was to show that they were the greatest and the biggest. And walko i think ur the first one that didnt realiase that i was sarcastic congratulations. what i was meaning is that thank you usa its ur fault that u made the bomb that will kill millions or maybe billions.