Author Topic: A rant about Americans that think they won everything - Written by yahoo answers  (Read 44456 times)

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Or the pressure of the soviets would have led them to surrender..

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
  • Side: Neutral
Throughout most of World War 2, the United States and Britain were fighting ten German Divisions combined. The Soviets were fighting 200.
The United States lost about 300,000 people in combat, 400,000 overall, which was terrible but the Ruskies lost 27 million of their people.

There's a good reason Churchill says it was the Russians who tore the guts out of the German army, and Roosevelt recognized that, and Americans at the time recognized it which is partly why the Soviets were viewed so positively in the United States and by American people during World War 2.

Its part of the reason why there was a possibility for post-war friendship and collaboration as Henry Wallace and Roosevelt envisioned after the war and as Stalin desperately hoped for.

The whole Russian vision after the war was based upon this idea that the United States and the Soviets would remain allies.
That was essential for Stalin' political dreams aswell for his economical vision of how you rebuild the Soviet Economy, which was devastated.

Or the pressure of the soviets would have led them to surrender..

Aye, the Japanese armed forces was already crumbling there.
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
I don't understand why the atomic bomb is classified as a an unconditional civilian killer, I'd like to actually would like to find out how many Chinese died in firebombs and pillage compared to two bombs.

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
  • Side: Confederacy
I'm sure plenty more died in the Tokyo fire raids and Dresden fire bombings than what was the final death toll for the Hiroshima and Nagasaki atomic bombs, both being industrial cities.

It was more of the idea. One little plane sneaking in and dropping one bomb as opposed to an air fleet dropping thousands. A very political weapon, even today.

Also, at first the topic heading was understood. Now I think OP is just trying to piss me off.
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline masterborn12

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
its not about how many died its that they used a nuke which is a mass killer bomb and it was the first of its kind. now the world got advanced nukes which can contaminate the area for 100k years. so nothing will ever grrow there and its dangerous. at this point defending america is very stupid as they invented a bomb that might make an end for humanity thanks usa
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 09:26:16 pm by masterborn12 »

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
its not about how many died its that they used a nuke which is a mass killer bomb and it was the first of its kind. now the world got advanced nukes which can contaminate the area for 100k years. so nothing will ever grrow there and its dangerous. at this point defending america is very stupid as they invented a bomb that might make an end for humanity thanks usa

Actually the USA stole scientists from Germany who were in the process of researching an atomic weapon and we used their knowledge to make one of our own. So thanks Germans!

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile

Oh... such a naive child. If america didn't invented the nuclear bomb then it could be Germany, if the germans didn't invented the nuclear bomb then perhaps the british or the soviets could have invented it. It was just question of time until someone created the bomb.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 10:01:45 pm by von_Bismarck »

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
If America OR Germany hadn't invented it, another country, eventually, would have.
It's just a matter of time.

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Clearly the Germans could only use hydrogen for their balloons.

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
Clearly the Germans could only use hydrogen for their balloons.

Offline masterborn12

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
still my point is that nukes are dangerous

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
still my point is that nukes are dangerous

And what point are you trying to make by making the point that nukes are dangerous? Nukes are indeed dangerous, thank you.

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
Nukes will wake up Godzilla.
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
Nukes will wake up Godzilla.

Don't scare me so early in the morning :'(

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
Nobody will ever use a nuke on another country and here's why.

Mutually assured destruction. If I go down we all go down. Nobody would ever launch a nuke because if they do then they know that they're bound to get twice as many fired back at them.