Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 524566 times)

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: The General Political Thread - Brexit poll (#FSEXIT)
« Reply #3480 on: May 16, 2018, 02:22:24 pm »
What a load of BS Riddlez. Women make better soldiers because they're not as aggressive? Hahaha

I've never heard of grunts being deployed as diplomats or whatever, but I'm sure in a counter-insurgency operation in the Middle East that Abdullah the village elder would love to talk to a white woman.

The 'muscle mass thing' and fitness are still the main requirement for infantry. Your solution to that is what, put everyone on motorised vehicles? In the Falklands War the ship carrying the helicopters was sunk, meaning the British had to march c100km in three days carrying full equipment across marsh terrain. Doubt many women soldiers could have done that.

I'm not disputing that women can fight if needed, I'm saying they're not very good at it compared to men. Human evolution has not prioritised the fighting role of women, they're not as strong and they're frailer, these are biological facts. Supposing all else is equal, a homogeneous male army will always defeat a mixed one. Though granted a woman being driven around on a truck carrying supplies can probably be relied upon to fire off a few rounds when needed it doesn't make them as effective as men.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3481 on: May 16, 2018, 03:12:26 pm »
There’s a level required to pass training courses. Many women have passed them, end of discussion. You speak as though the biology thing is so black and white, but there are many women who have above average fitness and muscle mass and vice versa for men.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: May 16, 2018, 03:25:46 pm »
There’s a level required to pass training courses. Many women have passed them, end of discussion. You speak as though the biology thing is so black and white, but there are many women who have above average fitness and muscle mass and vice versa for men.

They've usually passed the lower requirements for females. Even if women do pass the fitness tests that ordinarily apply to men their bodies are too frail for combat, just compare injury rates for male vs female professional athletes:
https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/the-gender-gap-in-sports-injuries-201512038708

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • SOUTH AFRICAN WAR DOG - NWWC 2019 WINNER
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3483 on: May 16, 2018, 03:28:19 pm »

That would be true if standards weren't lowered so females could get in.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: May 16, 2018, 03:34:34 pm »
When Women were allowed into the British army in combat roles, General Nick Carter (the head of the army) said that they would not be lowering standards. The injuries thing is a point but if a woman passes all be necessary fitness tests and meets the army standards for both men and women then she’s clearly good enough for a combat role. Some men are more prone to injuries too. Looking at Jack Wilshere for this one.

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: May 16, 2018, 05:08:07 pm »
This is ridiculous

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #3486 on: May 16, 2018, 05:17:32 pm »
If you assume that if I say 'warrior-diplomat' you think I mean soldiers being deployed as diplomats no, thats not what I meant. Look up tje term it's interesting.

Proneness to injury doesnt really apply to the military since it's not a sports-injury sensitive type of physical thing. Injury more like breaking bones and completely tearing off joints, but usually only when falling.

That 100km march in the falklands. Yes women would definitely have it harder there bjt it is marching, it is easily trained and when jt does happen its more mental than physocal anyway.

You're dismissing the social benefits of having women in a sqiad far too easily Steven, humint and human relations is a key aspect of modern warfare and dont forget muslim women arent allowed to talk to foreign men. So in your entire intel scheme you already lose 50% of the population.

And yes, unlike a lot of stereotypes, agression is not by a long shot what the military looks for in most cases of applying violence. ESPECIALLY in COIN
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: May 16, 2018, 05:34:26 pm »
If you assume that if I say 'warrior-diplomat' you think I mean soldiers being deployed as diplomats no, thats not what I meant. Look up tje term it's interesting.

Proneness to injury doesnt really apply to the military since it's not a sports-injury sensitive type of physical thing. Injury more like breaking bones and completely tearing off joints, but usually only when falling.

That 100km march in the falklands. Yes women would definitely have it harder there bjt it is marching, it is easily trained and when jt does happen its more mental than physocal anyway.

You're dismissing the social benefits of having women in a sqiad far too easily Steven, humint and human relations is a key aspect of modern warfare and dont forget muslim women arent allowed to talk to foreign men. So in your entire intel scheme you already lose 50% of the population.

And yes, unlike a lot of stereotypes, agression is not by a long shot what the military looks for in most cases of applying violence. ESPECIALLY in COIN
No modern military has used women in a real war (apart from Kurdistan but we dont really know what is happening there)   we don't know if having woman is beneficial for psychological effects, maybe men could turn on own women to rape them?

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: May 16, 2018, 05:37:58 pm »
You mean apart from both Britain and the US?

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #3489 on: May 16, 2018, 05:41:12 pm »
maybe men could turn on own women to rape them?

What?

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #3490 on: May 16, 2018, 05:47:08 pm »
maybe men could turn on own women to rape them?

What?
Sexual assault in the U.S. military is rampant.

It is my humble opinion that high testosterone dudes who work out and shoot guns all day should not be around women. This isn't any #MeToo shit, it's just a bad idea because something will go wrong.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #3491 on: May 16, 2018, 05:50:50 pm »
Or maybe it is due to the fact that these guys are constantly being reminded that they are the coolest dudes on the planet, protecting the most awesome country in the universe and that they have they are undefeatable, that killing is a normal thing and that guns are cool. It probably also does not help that they are almost no women around them.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: May 16, 2018, 05:57:41 pm »

Not what grunts do, people who liaise with locals are usually officers via interpreters or more likely work for military intelligence. We're discussing a role that involves taking ground and/or holding it. Women lack the physical characteristics to do that as well as men, and a case can be made that they lack mental aggression too though I'm not as familiar with that side of the argument so I'm not using it here.

I mean come on, this is the product of natural selection, identifiable across most species and shouldn't be that controversial. Generally speaking can women fight? Yes. Can they do so as well as men? No. Perfectly fine to use them if you're desperate for manpower but as a modern, professional fighting force there's absolutely no need and they reduce combat effectiveness.

Muslim women aren't allowed to talk to anyone lol unless their husbands say so. Even in societies where you don't have that, the benefit of having a 'female perspective' is far outweighed by the drawbacks.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #3493 on: May 16, 2018, 06:04:30 pm »

Not what grunts do, people who liaise with locals are usually officers via interpreters or more likely work for military intelligence. We're discussing a role that involves taking ground and/or holding it. Women lack the physical characteristics to do that as well as men, and a case can be made that they lack mental aggression too though I'm not as familiar with that side of the argument so I'm not using it here.

I mean come on, this is the product of natural selection, identifiable across most species and shouldn't be that controversial. Generally speaking can women fight? Yes. Can they do so as well as men? No. Perfectly fine to use them if you're desperate for manpower but as a modern, professional fighting force there's absolutely no need and they reduce combat effectiveness.

Muslim women aren't allowed to talk to anyone lol unless their husbands say so. Even in societies where you don't have that, the benefit of having a 'female perspective' is far outweighed by the drawbacks.
BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS TRIBE IN THE AMAZON WHERE THE WOMEN DO THE FIGHTING AND THE MEN DO THE COOKING?!?!? SHOULDN'T THAT PROVE THAT WOMEN ARE SUPERIOR
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: May 16, 2018, 06:07:55 pm »
Or maybe it is due to the fact that these guys are constantly being reminded that they are the coolest dudes on the planet, protecting the most awesome country in the universe and that they have they are undefeatable, that killing is a normal thing and that guns are cool. It probably also does not help that they are almost no women around them.

The Virgin Bundeswehr vs the Chad U.S Army