Author Topic: No Homework in Finnland?  (Read 6739 times)

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: No Homework in Finnland?
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2013, 02:28:57 pm »
I rarely show up to school and still get A's and B's. Hell, I haven't shown up for 2 weeks now. I am a junior. Never do homework. Nothing. The only time I do show up is for tests, and then I skip and leave around my 6th period, cause it is lunch and my 7th period is a waste of time tech class in which Microsoft Word confuses students. Even while almost never being at school and my teachers barely knowing me, I managed to get top 98% of all USA on the SAT Reading AND Writing part and scored in the 80% range for maths. Mind you I live in Florida, notorious for the shittiest education system in the US. Come to think of it, I should be in school now.... oops  :P

Also, WANTING to go to school? What the hell is wrong with you guys? You realize how much time you slave away at school? Keep your grades up and you will do just fine. I am already getting college invites from great universities (Miami, USF) and I have not taken school seriously for 3 years. You don't stay young forever, have fun while you still have the chance. I know I sure have! With the extra time I have had to do stuff these past 3 years, I have had time to focus on some really awesome things. I learned to DJ, learned to mod (Python that is), learned to play guitar, and quite a few other things, that I would not have had the time for otherwise. Hell, I don't even need a real job right now, I just do things on the side for friends, and make enough to pay for a car. Next year I will be leaving for Air Force anyways, and will be set for quite sometime, I think people take Elementary/Middle/ High School way too seriously.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 02:47:05 pm by Death by EMP »

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2013, 03:25:09 pm »
You get all those invitation yet you're going to join the army? What is this madness?

In NL, you can't simply decide NOT to show up, even if you get B's and A's.

Offline Rydog

• Captain
  • uwotm8
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2013, 03:31:11 pm »
You get all those invitation yet you're going to join the army? What is this madness?

Air force*

Military is a very good long term career choice, grades being either irrelevant or necessary depending on what you wanna do, don't bash on it  >:(

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2013, 03:31:34 pm »
The Air Force is a damn good place to be right now, and I'm fed up with school anyways :p Not only that, Military is a family tradition, hell, even my female cousin joined.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
  • Side: Union
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2013, 03:47:46 pm »
Lol depends on your school, and honestly life goals.  Personally I would like to become involved with pharmaceuticals/biotechnology, so yea I had to work my ass off in high school, doesnt mean I didnt party, buy cases of beer every week, and smoke a ton of weed; but with my futuristic career goal set, I knew what I had to do and what it will take to achieve that.  So yes that also meant TIME MANAGEMENT =p spending time doing hw, studies, playing games, etc... But.. I took several AP classes and got a 1960 on the SAT and I would NOT say any of those were easy to obtain/pass. 

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2013, 03:49:42 pm »
I'm either going to study History or go to Law school.

My family has the nice tradition of choosing your own career.  :P

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2013, 03:57:03 pm »
I am "taking" Honors classes, I would take AP, but my school has too many dumb asses and too few smart people for AP classes.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2013, 04:03:58 pm »
We don't have something as honour students in the NL

We do have three different levels of secundary school.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
  • Side: Union
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2013, 04:13:44 pm »
Honor classes are a joke =p, try taking AP courses and taking those painful AP exams... they killed me.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2013, 05:15:33 pm »

I don't recommend going into a history/social studies field, as there aren't many good job opportunities. You could be a high school history teacher... I guess.

I'm thinking of going into Economics or Political Science. Good balance between math and history, which ensures more opportunities.

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Hptm_Hekko
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2013, 05:40:41 pm »

I don't recommend going into a history/social studies field, as there aren't many good job opportunities. You could be a high school history teacher... I guess.

I'm thinking of going into Economics or Political Science. Good balance between math and history, which ensures more opportunities.

Economics are all maths, and a a lot of it ontop of that!

Offline Suede

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2013, 06:22:59 pm »
In first and second grade yeah 09.00-13.00
hm, not so much  ::)
Also, WANTING to go to school? What the hell is wrong with you guys? You realize how much time you slave away at school?
 You don't stay young forever, have fun while you still have the chance.
There is some part of fun at school 8)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2013, 07:49:39 pm »

Sigh, this is exactly the reason I'm looking into law school too. The list of people telling me EXACTLY what you just told me is just too damn high. No pun intended.

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Hptm_Hekko
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2013, 09:41:21 pm »
Law is dangerous if you go into litigation because outcomes tend to be binary, which is risky.

Finance is the way to go down!

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2013, 12:05:39 am »
What exactly are you planning to do after law school? Only a tiny percentage of law school graduates actually become lawyers, and although there are some interesting occupations in the law field, it's not always exactly exciting work.