Author Topic: Music Thread  (Read 1604 times)

Offline Orcaryo

• By far the worst in melee
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Music Thread
« on: February 18, 2013, 09:28:37 pm »
Post anything music related(what instrument you play, what brand, bands you are in, where you have performed and will perform, favorite bands, etc.)

Well I play the Bach Stradivarius Trumpet and will perform in Chicago soon and I am in my schools brass quintet, jazz band, and Wind Ensemble.
Post away music lovers! We need to find the most talented musicians on Tale Worlds.

Offline Scrat555

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Music Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 02:27:55 am »
Alrighty then. I play bassoon, a Fox bassoon to be specific. I am first chair bassoonist in the regional band. Also, I got into All-State band, but don't know where I placed. I am also first chair in the local concert orchestra. I am in the school band and jazz band (I transpose the bari sax music and read that because there is no bari sax player).

Offline Rogov

• Second Lieutenant
  • Moose are cool.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19te_Hsr_Ofr_Rogov
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 06:54:30 am »
I fear I pale in comparison...

Played the Trumpet starting in grade 8 and later, the Flugelhorn as well, and was in my High School's Symphonic and Jazz bands.

Also completed up to the grade 8 piano technical exam in Canada's Royal Conservatory of Music as well as writing a few piano theory exams. I also dabble (poorly) in guitar...

I have to admit, I haven't really played much music since I've been in University... too bloody busy.

Offline Jacob

• Alpha Tester
  • Back after a long long time away :)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jacob
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 08:37:10 am »
I played piano for a large chunk of my life, had to give it up due to exams and before I could start again my teacher moved away and there was nobody else who could really teach me, I also did up to grade 5 theory in music which is some easy shit, but my god is it time consuming.

Offline Orcaryo

• By far the worst in melee
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 01:26:15 pm »
Alrighty then. I play bassoon, a Fox bassoon to be specific. I am first chair bassoonist in the regional band. Also, I got into All-State band, but don't know where I placed. I am also first chair in the local concert orchestra. I am in the school band and jazz band (I transpose the bari sax music and read that because there is no bari sax player).
Congrats on the all region and all state!

Offline Toasty

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toasty
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 02:29:44 pm »
I play Guitar for like 5 years. I don't think im good, but it very funny to play with Friends and I got a very epic guitar and a bass  ;D Im proud of it :0 . Oh and i also used to play piano, but i didn't liked it. Guitar need more skill :d .