Author Topic: Should Marijuana be legal?  (Read 17432 times)

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Should Marijuana be legal?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 10:41:00 pm »
I think it shouldn't be legal at all, if we are going to have laws banning drug use, we should ban all of them or none of them, thus leaving no grey areas in the law

Technically, alcohol is a drug, and in a way, tabacco is too. Why are these allowed? Why is smoking allowed anyway? It gives no effects other then people being addicted to them.

Actually on a side-note, its the 150 by-products they add to the cigarettes that make it more addictive.  ;D
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline Pinball Wizard

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 11:02:48 pm »
Well I say it should be legal, because who should care what you do at home? The only thing they should really do is make it so that people don't smoke around school, likes a smoke free zone, like most school do already.

Legalizing mj would cut down on drug dealing, if they have a clinic area where you can get it, or even like a smoke, you can get at the local gas station. Someone way distant from me, in my family actually sold drugs, and hes dead because of it, someone shot him. This would also allow a limited amount of mj bought, and an age restriction. Don't want the kiddies to be running around with a joint in their hands!

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 11:14:37 pm »
Well I say it should be legal, because who should care what you do at home? The only thing they should really do is make it so that people don't smoke around school, likes a smoke free zone, like most school do already.

Legalizing mj would cut down on drug dealing, if they have a clinic area where you can get it, or even like a smoke, you can get at the local gas station. Someone way distant from me, in my family actually sold drugs, and hes dead because of it, someone shot him. This would also allow a limited amount of mj bought, and an age restriction. Don't want the kiddies to be running around with a joint in their hands!
It would be just as easy for teenager under 18 to buy weed as it was before - in fact, maybe even easier than it was before. In NYC, most corner stores sell beer, and even though they're not allowed to sell to anyone under 18, they do it anyway because it gets them money. Face it - teenagers are a huge source of income.

It looks like they're going to make it so that marijuana will be sold in regular delis and corner stores, so I'm guessing the same thing will happen.

Offline Tharan

• Donator
  • Owner of Sheb Kebab.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 11:23:28 pm »
I believe that Marijuana should become legal because if you make Marijuana illegal then organised crime will be heavily affected since organised gangs grow Marijuana as the main way in which they obtain money which will be then spent on guns/ other drugs (crack,heroine etc) which will then affect people lives / destroy life.

Also in most cases Marijuana is safe for people to use (although in very rare cases side affects may be dangerous) and is much more safer then
alcohol (which in large amounts over a long period of time can cause liver damage ) and tabacco (which can cause lung cancer).

Also if Marijuana is made legal then the amount of people who become addicted to drugs such as crack or heroine will reduce since most people who become addicted to it do so because the person in which they buy the Marijuana from will offer the person a free sample of crack or heroine
in order for the person to become addicted.

However safeguards would have be made such as age restricions and certain places in which people can smoke Marijuana (as there is for tabacco and alcohol.

Offline Treble

• Sergeant Major
  • top kek melee player
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Treble
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 01:21:13 am »
Justin Beiber started smoking it and now 12 year old girls are cutting themselves  :o

But on a serious note i don't smoke so i have never touched the stuff so i can say i have no comment. If i was to try it and enjoy it..one day..

Offline Savolainen5

• First Lieutenant
  • Official Server Admin and Language Nerd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: _1stRddt_E77_Savs
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2013, 01:51:09 am »
Justin Beiber started smoking it and now 12 year old girls are cutting themselves  :o

Oh 4chan...
Wanna know what a wug is? Read here!

Juice_Kelly: no one wants to be savs, he's the biggest firegiant on the server.

Offline Megaberna

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Megaberna
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2013, 03:03:02 pm »
If people don't learn how to control it...it will become more of a problem then a good thing :\

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2013, 03:15:02 pm »
My cousin lives in Seattle, Washington (where marijuana is legal) and he says since it was made legal there have been more crimes, but on the other hand the government finds another way to make money from taxing marijuana, instead of taxing us more, so meh.  And yea. In the US I think its like 60% or something of high-school male teenagers have tried or used marijuana at least once in there life.

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
  • Co-founder of the 92nd Gordon Highlanders
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Pte_Hugh_MacKay
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2013, 03:33:50 pm »
Hasn't it only been legal for like 2 months in Washington?  ??? A bit early to make conclusions then IMO.
"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

Offline InfamousBeats

• Colonel
  • Groupfighting Admin | 10/10 IGN: Would bang...
    • View Profile
    • Enlist into the 63ème Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
  • Nick: 63e_Conseilleur_Infamous
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2013, 03:51:41 pm »
I live in holland and I ask: What is Marihuana???

Offline Craig

• Captain
  • Help help I'm being reported!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Craig
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2013, 03:55:33 pm »
Alcohol: Good for a few things (cleaning etc), makes lots of money in selling it as a consumable product (Legal)

Hemp: Good for multiple uses, would lower the profits of other industries that make things that hemp could be used to make cheaper (illegal)

http://www.informationdistillery.com/hemp.htm
WILLIEM WALLACE KILLED FEFTY MEN

~~ No one gives a fuck about what you admin~~

Offline Augy

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2013, 04:03:21 pm »
Here's another fun fact:

weed cures cancer. the canabodial (CBD) compounds in weed react with CBD receptors in only cancer cells. these receptors tell the cancer cell to die. this works in nearly all forms of cancer, benign or life threatening kinds. look it up broseph.

“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline Megaberna

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Megaberna
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2013, 03:03:40 pm »
Here's another fun fact:

weed cures cancer. the canabodial (CBD) compounds in weed react with CBD receptors in only cancer cells. these receptors tell the cancer cell to die. this works in nearly all forms of cancer, benign or life threatening kinds. look it up broseph.

Le link plox?

Offline Augy

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2013, 05:40:37 pm »
I live in holland and I ask: What is Marihuana???

Wiet.