Author Topic: Should Marijuana be legal?  (Read 17432 times)

Offline Megaberna

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Megaberna
  • Side: Neutral
Should Marijuana be legal?
« on: January 07, 2013, 06:37:04 pm »
I'm curious about the community's opinion about this.

Please discuss.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 06:48:03 pm by Megaberna »

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
  • Co-founder of the 92nd Gordon Highlanders
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Pte_Hugh_MacKay
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Should marijuana be legal?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 06:45:53 pm »
Yes.

Doesn't harm directly(at least not proven) and don't personally know anyone that has even been hardmed by it, and I know a lot of smokers.
Making it legal would prevent a lot of organized crime, especially here in Denmark where is the main income for some of the biggest gangs. Apart from that it will also give a massive income for the guvornment.
"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

Offline rocknok2

• Second Lieutenant
  • Hasan
    • View Profile
Re: Should Marijuana be legal?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 08:21:06 pm »
I think it should be Legalized under certain circumstances. For example in smoking bars, or in private.

I'd also be against public smoking of Marijuana, or being under the influence of Marijuana in public.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 08:46:28 pm »
I think it should be Legalized under certain circumstances. For example in smoking bars, or in private.

I'd also be against public smoking of Marijuana, or being under the influence of Marijuana in public.
There's nothing wrong with being high in public. Weed isn't like crack or alcohol, where it's incredibly obvious that someone is intoxicated. You can easily be high in public and have nobody know at all.

Offline rocknok2

• Second Lieutenant
  • Hasan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 08:50:19 pm »

There's nothing wrong with being high in public. Weed isn't like crack or alcohol, where it's incredibly obvious that someone is intoxicated. You can easily be high in public and have nobody know at all.

It's Illegal to be under the influence of any type of drug while driving. I don't think there should be any type of tolerance to the misuse of Marijuana.
Drugs, and Alcohol should only be used for recreational purposes. So I don't see why it would be okay to be under the influence during school, or in the workplace for example.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 08:52:47 pm »

It's Illegal to be under the influence of any type of drug while driving. I don't think there should be any type of tolerance to the misuse of Marijuana.
Drugs, and Alcohol should only be used for recreational purposes. So I don't see why it would be okay to be under the influence during school, or in the workplace for example.
I agree that you shouldn't be allowed to drive while high, but being high in school or in the workplace is completely normal. It doesn't curb productivity, so what's the problem? Maybe you should get high at least once before you embark on a misguided crusade against weed.

Offline rocknok2

• Second Lieutenant
  • Hasan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 09:03:40 pm »

I agree that you shouldn't be allowed to drive while high, but being high in school or in the workplace is completely normal. It doesn't curb productivity, so what's the problem? Maybe you should get high at least once before you embark on a misguided crusade against weed.

I don't want to go to school, or work with a pothead, I don't like the smell of it, and I don't like the attitude of those who are under it's influence.
If you're not sober while working, or studying then I believe that you have very serious problems that should be looked at.

And the same goes with cigar/Cigarette smokers, It's intended for recreational purposes, If you want to go smoke, go smoke in your own home, or where people are willing to put up with it.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 09:17:58 pm »

I don't want to go to school, or work with a pothead, I don't like the smell of it, and I don't like the attitude of those who are under it's influence.
If you're not sober while working, or studying then I believe that you have very serious problems that should be looked at.

And the same goes with cigar/Cigarette smokers, It's intended for recreational purposes, If you want to go smoke, go smoke in your own home, or where people are willing to put up with it.
You're implying that smoking in public is the same thing as being high in public. You can easily be high in public without attracting attention to yourself and acting like a normal person.

Also, people who are generally stupid are going to stay stupid, regardless of what they do to their bodies. A smart person isn't going to suddenly become stupid just because he smokes a little weed. 

So, chances are the "potheads" you've be hanging around were actually just stupid, and weed had nothing to do with their obnoxious behaviors.

Offline rocknok2

• Second Lieutenant
  • Hasan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 09:24:31 pm »
If it's hard to notice someone under the influence of Marijuana in public, then there's no point arguing against it making it Illegal.

On the other hand, why would you argue against it in the first place?

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 09:25:37 pm »
How do you mean, should be legal?  ::)

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 10:03:21 pm »
Marijuana should be totally legal, the reason it is banned in the USA is because Industrials and Dupont closed down the Hemp Industry because it was gonna replace their holdings.

There is much to gain from hemp in general (including Marijuana), you can a wide variety of things with it and can be applied as medicine.
Many famous people have used it and i think Carl Sagan championed it the best by writing some very eloquent essays on it, Click here for Essays.

I think i've said enough, i'm not sure on hard-drugs since they really destroy your body and mind unlike pot.

Also, gotta drop some Joe Rogan podcast on your asses.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEmWUjXyQ38[/youtube]

PEACE
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
  • Co-founder of the 92nd Gordon Highlanders
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Pte_Hugh_MacKay
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 10:13:48 pm »
How do you mean, should be legal?  ::)

I'm so jelly  :(
"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

Offline Jacob

• Alpha Tester
  • Back after a long long time away :)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jacob
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 10:27:06 pm »
I think it shouldn't be legal at all, if we are going to have laws banning drug use, we should ban all of them or none of them, thus leaving no grey areas in the law

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 10:32:12 pm »
I think it shouldn't be legal at all, if we are going to have laws banning drug use, we should ban all of them or none of them, thus leaving no grey areas in the law

Technically, alcohol is a drug, and in a way, tabacco is too. Why are these allowed? Why is smoking allowed anyway? It gives no effects other then people being addicted to them.

Offline Craig

• Captain
  • Help help I'm being reported!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Craig
  • Side: Union
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2013, 10:38:20 pm »
WILLIEM WALLACE KILLED FEFTY MEN

~~ No one gives a fuck about what you admin~~