Author Topic: Developer Blog 27 - Alpha Released!  (Read 83727 times)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Developer Blog 27 - Alpha Released!
« Reply #210 on: May 07, 2016, 10:57:01 pm »
Spoiler
Any Update about progress on the alpha?
its ded

Nah, if you had donated you would have had access to the Donator board where more information is posted ;)

stop bullshiting people around there are no secret "information" in the donation fourm, The game has noting to show thats why there isnt a gameplay video and not a single proper footage of the actual game

Because it's not ready yet?

Just have patience, it'll be out there soon. The current Alpha testers and the developers are currently working on getting a game to a state where they'll be ready to start the proper "PR-campaign" where we'll get trailers and such. You just need to have patience, and if you badly want to your hands on an early version of the game, donate for the Alpha, simple as that.

people says to be patience since 2012, its been 4 years, Interesting that they release a alpha and the guys that played the alpha had to sign an agreement that they cant share their thoughts or upload gameplay from the game.. look at war of rights, It started in much worst conditions than fse and look at their game, They upload a gameplay footage every week, Fse couldnt show us a single video so far, And even if they release some sort of gameplay to show us, I bet finishing the game will take at least 2 years minimum
[close]
Seems you know very little of game development. Developers get people to sign these agreements to prevent others from taking their ideas. All companies do it. For example the very recent battlefield one has it for those who were invited to play the game. You wanna play then pay for the alpha

Offline Zoranny

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: von_Schmidt
« Reply #211 on: May 25, 2016, 09:26:13 pm »
Spoiler
Any Update about progress on the alpha?
its ded

Nah, if you had donated you would have had access to the Donator board where more information is posted ;)

stop bullshiting people around there are no secret "information" in the donation fourm, The game has noting to show thats why there isnt a gameplay video and not a single proper footage of the actual game

Because it's not ready yet?

Just have patience, it'll be out there soon. The current Alpha testers and the developers are currently working on getting a game to a state where they'll be ready to start the proper "PR-campaign" where we'll get trailers and such. You just need to have patience, and if you badly want to your hands on an early version of the game, donate for the Alpha, simple as that.

people says to be patience since 2012, its been 4 years, Interesting that they release a alpha and the guys that played the alpha had to sign an agreement that they cant share their thoughts or upload gameplay from the game.. look at war of rights, It started in much worst conditions than fse and look at their game, They upload a gameplay footage every week, Fse couldnt show us a single video so far, And even if they release some sort of gameplay to show us, I bet finishing the game will take at least 2 years minimum
[close]
Seems you know very little of game development. Developers get people to sign these agreements to prevent others from taking their ideas. All companies do it. For example the very recent battlefield one has it for those who were invited to play the game. You wanna play then pay for the alpha

Yes, you can believe that it is to prevent stealing ideas. On the other side NDAs for BF1 Event(p.e.) where for an short amount of time and why? Because all invited guests (Gametester, reporter,etc.) should have the SAME time to create good content and good news, so on. Otherwise magazines just want to publish as fast as possible and not as qualitativ as possible and that is a good reason.

Offline Skyfall

• First Lieutenant
  • Wow Im unbanned :D
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #212 on: May 29, 2016, 11:04:57 am »
Chill out guys, release date is set: 2 days before WoR's release. No matter what, no matter when

Offline JohannGustavsen

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stMN[B]Cpt.Wilfried
« Reply #213 on: May 29, 2016, 06:44:54 pm »
Almost forgot BCoF was a thing.

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 03, 2016, 03:51:57 pm »

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #215 on: June 03, 2016, 04:24:57 pm »
So when will we see a new developers blog? Surely after 6 months of Alpha there is something new to be presented? Or some information on what's going on?

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 03, 2016, 06:18:00 pm »
Check the donator board

Offline Brave Sir Charge

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 03, 2016, 07:24:24 pm »
hurr durr donaturs
''It's bit like an extension of the 1980's with shittier style'' ~Caselius while discussing the 90's
'' And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth.''

Verzet tegen de Duitse consulaat!

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 03, 2016, 07:33:22 pm »
Check the donator board
Since when are developer blogs posted in the donator board? :P

My point is that there should be an update for those who didn't donate.

Offline Brave Sir Charge

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 03, 2016, 07:38:00 pm »
Check the donator board

Indeed, This lack of info is making me want this game less and less.
''It's bit like an extension of the 1980's with shittier style'' ~Caselius while discussing the 90's
'' And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth.''

Verzet tegen de Duitse consulaat!

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #220 on: June 03, 2016, 07:38:46 pm »
Check the donator board

Indeed, This lack of info is making me want this game less and less.
Ah well FSE has been known for this sort of PR, which is a shame because there indeed is some behind the scenes stuff that has been revealed to backers.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 03, 2016, 09:10:28 pm »
I am saying there are small updates on the donator board. Don't complain about having nothing to look at if you don't donate. They have no obligation to show you anything. It's still in alpha which isn't usually the time when a lot of PR happens. The real marketing begins in the beta when the product has a more significant resemblance of what the finished game will look like. Consider yourself lucky that we get Deb blogs in the first place since a lot of companies don't have them at all. FSE is a very small team and contribute a lot of their time to development and they don't have much time to post this kind of thing often. Give them time.

Offline CaptainDante

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Guardie Reali Italiane Official Website
« Reply #222 on: June 04, 2016, 12:30:10 pm »
Even bannerlord has more frequent dev blogs and that's weird to say

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 04, 2016, 06:36:24 pm »
I am saying there are small updates on the donator board. Don't complain about having nothing to look at if you don't donate. They have no obligation to show you anything. It's still in alpha which isn't usually the time when a lot of PR happens. The real marketing begins in the beta when the product has a more significant resemblance of what the finished game will look like. Consider yourself lucky that we get Deb blogs in the first place since a lot of companies don't have them at all. FSE is a very small team and contribute a lot of their time to development and they don't have much time to post this kind of thing often. Give them time.
Firstly, I never complained. I simply asked a question with a reasoning why I answer the question in the first place. There's quite a difference there.
In matter of fact, I did donate. And therefore I can see those previews once in a while. But I'm not talking for myself here, I'm asking the question for the wider range of people that (again) did not donate. As I am CR, I could consider that my job.

Secondly, I would like to quote the head developer. Saying.
"Starting today, there will be a weekly dev blog that will keep you up to date with the production of the game."
Now, we all could expect that something like that is rather unrealistic. And so everyone can understand that it takes a bit longer when claims like that have been made. However tho, when there's 6 months between a blog. Then surely some questions may be raised about a new blog. Even considering it's in Alpha, no one is asking for some huge feature preview. I'm sure that enough people would be satisfied with a word on what's going on behind the screens. Considering right now, to someone who hasn't donated yet. It looks pretty dead.

But either way it was just a simple question directed to FSE.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 06:38:04 pm by Gokiller »

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 04, 2016, 09:15:54 pm »
When I mention the complaining I'm referring to the others who posted after you.