Author Topic: Bello Civili Legion Reservation *Official*  (Read 34188 times)

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Bello Civili Legion Reservation *Official*
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2013, 11:45:42 pm »
Gokiller, the number X for Legions appears to already be taken by Bacon's Legion. Your name has been changed to [Name Pending] until further notice.
What? That's bullshit. He didn't even apply for it on the thread like everyone else does. On top of that it only say's "X Legion". There are more then one X legions.

So I better hope you have a proper solution for this, because we're not planning to give up that name just because he only puts "X Legion" therefore he can easily claim any X legion that existed. Thus bullshit. If he wanted the X Legio Gemina that he should have included that. He didn't, so he didn't claim the same name as we did. Thus we have all rights to make a claim on the name.

Why Reservation systems are shit Gokiller
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 11:53:12 pm by Gokiller »

Offline Galadhion

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Galadhion
  • Side: Union
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2013, 11:59:26 pm »
I find it unlikely that you would include "Gemina" in your regimental in-game tags. On top of that, Bacon is closely tied to the development process and thus had the privilege to take first pick of the numbers. Not to mention the confusion that having two X legions in the mod would cause. You may select any other Roman numeral you wish, as long as it is not yet claimed on your respective side.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2013, 12:10:56 am »
I find it unlikely that you would include "Gemina" in your regimental in-game tags. On top of that, Bacon is closely tied to the development process and thus had the privilege to take first pick of the numbers. Not to mention the confusion that having two X legions in the mod would cause. You may select any other Roman numeral you wish, as long as it is not yet claimed on your respective side.
Who are you to know that we wouldn't find some suitable tag? Adding to that, Bacon might be helping with the development process or whatever he does. This would only support the fact that he should have done his reservation properly.

That all will not take away the fact that his "reservation" is false. As he didn't reserve a legion. But a number. X Legion, "Tenth Legion". Go Google it if you wish. See how many "Tenth Legions" you will find. And confusion? I'm unsure how long you have been in the NW Community but there have been quite some regiments with the same numbers, though with a different tag there wasn't really any big issue.

To get it all together. Bacon reserved the name: X Legion, whatever Legion that would be I have no clue. He may have that "X Legion" name. We reserved Legio X Gemina. It's a different name, and we will include a fitting tag to ensure the different on the server as it seems to be a big issue to you.

On top of this, I find the way this is being handled poor. You are supporting someone's reservation while you should know that it isn't right.

- Just to make you sure, I have no issue with you, or Bacon so don't think this is some tryment to take the piss on either one of you.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 12:13:24 am by Gokiller »

Offline Bacon

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2013, 12:12:46 am »
I indeed did not post a reply in this topic but I talked to Lance peronally at 12. 19 to 'claim' the X Legion it's kinda obvious wich X legion it is.

Offline Matthew

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • ლ(◕◡◕ლ) oly gaym y u heff 2 b med
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Matthew ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2013, 12:14:01 am »
Which one was it then?
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." - Mikhail Bakunin
"Dispassionate, fair, equal"
Oh you wanted a serious response, why didn't you just say so.
b2e98ad6f6eb8508dd6a14cfa704bad7f05f6fb

Offline Bacon

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2013, 12:14:40 am »
Which one was it then?
The same Legion Gokiller has 'Legio X Gemina'

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2013, 12:16:08 am »
Which one was it then?
Could be, but you didn't include that in your reservation, with your priveleges or not. It could have been as well:
- Legio X Fretensis
- Legio X Equestris

Offline Galadhion

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2013, 12:18:04 am »
There may be NW regiments with the same number, but I doubt they fight in the same linebattles. The number X was reserved, and to have two tenth legions in the same community and battles would cause confusion in both speech and battle. If you are so attached to the number X, you can choose to swap to Optimates and use it there. Alternatively, you may opt to call yourself the Legio Gemina, without number.

Offline Matthew

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • ლ(◕◡◕ლ) oly gaym y u heff 2 b med
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Matthew ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2013, 12:20:35 am »
Gokiller spent hours preparing and researching so our regiment could play as the 'Legio X Gemina' and he is extremely interested in this period in history having spent hours of his time helping out similar projects; also the Legion held a garrison in Vienna at one point so we thought it would tie in with our Napoleonic Wars regiment being the 'Kaiserlich-Königliche Armee'. Is there any actual reason Bacon picked this legion other then the fact the roman numeral for ten looks cool?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 12:28:48 am by Matthew »
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." - Mikhail Bakunin
"Dispassionate, fair, equal"
Oh you wanted a serious response, why didn't you just say so.
b2e98ad6f6eb8508dd6a14cfa704bad7f05f6fb

Offline Bacon

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2013, 12:22:40 am »
Which one was it then?
Could be, but you didn't include that in your reservation, with your priveleges or not. It could have been as well:
- Legio X Fretensis
- Legio X Equestris
I do not say I got any priveleges I'm just saying I did mean the Legio X Gemina aka Legio X Equestris because the Legio Fretensis isn't the legion active in this mod his area.

+ ye I do like the Legio X not just because the roman numeral for 10 looks cool.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 12:26:04 am by Bacon »

Offline deSaul

• Donator
  • 48th Northamptonshire
    • View Profile
  • Nick: deSaul
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2013, 12:37:05 am »
Legion/clan Name: Legio IX Hispana
Faction: Populares
Unit type: Infantry
Commander(s) name + steam link: Saul - https://steamcommunity.com/id/TAGSaul/

We are Caesar's 9th Legion, not Pompeys like Wellys.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 01:24:00 am by deSaul »

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2013, 12:59:14 am »
Legion/clan Name: Legio III Gallica
Faction: Populares
Unit type: Infantry
Commander(s) name + steam link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Im_Epic/

Offline Mailman653

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2013, 01:31:42 am »
I hope everyone follows good Roman grooming standards. You'll all soon be in the Legion! Not some unshaven barbarian horde  ;)

Offline Galadhion

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2013, 01:34:10 am »
Gokiller spent hours preparing and researching so our regiment could play as the 'Legio X Gemina' and he is extremely interested in this period in history having spent hours of his time helping out similar projects; also the Legion held a garrison in Vienna at one point so we thought it would tie in with our Napoleonic Wars regiment being the 'Kaiserlich-Königliche Armee'. Is there any actual reason Bacon picked this legion other then the fact the roman numeral for ten looks cool?

This is irrelevant to me. Bacon was first, he gets the spot. If you want to find a mutually beneficial solution to the problem sort it out with Bacon. I'll edit the post accordingly.

Notice: the above applications will be accepted and listed first thing tomorrow, I am currently on my mobile and not capable of updating the post.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2013, 01:39:38 am »
This all sounds to much like friends politics, as you people seem to want nothing more then to give the person in question the favor. I got plently of people who agree with what I have said. Not that it will matter. Though I'll talk with Hinkel about this. And see this sorted.

Good evening. :)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 01:42:40 am by Gokiller »