Poll

Replace Classic Music with War ambience sounds?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Total Sound Overhaul (TSO) - NW Modification | Coming early - mid 2018  (Read 17896 times)

AeroNinja

Re: Napoleonic Wars Total Sound Overhaul Project - WIP
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2018, 05:40:58 pm »
Sorry for yet another double post, but I have decided to make the Steam Group public.

If anyone is interested they can join and help test the mod. I want as much feedback as I can get from everyone that is willing to do so. Discussion "Version 1.0" is made for this version to discuss. Be advised that this version still has a lot of the original sounds aswell. After I have received the feedback and made changes to the sounds that are already in there I will be moving new ones in it. Please check it out if you are interested. The download link will also be in the steamgroup discussion.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/NWTSOM

If you however don't want to participate with the Steam discussions you can aswell post on this thread.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 05:45:29 pm by Ἀχιλλεύς »

Offline Lorucas

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Vencer o Morir | Πρώτο και έκτο
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th King's Royal Hussars
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2018, 09:34:38 pm »
Guys, I've installed the mod this evening and I really like it. In my opinion it would change the sound of the muskets and rifles, because it's like the player is firing more than a musket (idk if i explained really well, sorry). And maybe one more change I'll do will be the sound when you kill one (in my opinion I dont like it).

But it has really good things, the sound of the horses moving is changed and is really nice, the sound when you fired a cannonball or cannister I really love it, I like this mod nice job Achiles! ;D and I'm waiting more updates! ;)

AeroNinja

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2018, 09:36:33 pm »
Thanks for the input Lorucas. Gonna look into it for the next update. :)

If anyone has some sources where I can get some high quality sounds for a Napoleonic Wars module please let me know it will be greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 09:47:51 pm by Ἀχιλλεύς »

Offline Rune

• Brigadier General
  • <01:02:56> "[Louis] lou": i retired
    • View Profile
  • Nick: runal
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Total Sound Overhaul (TSO) - NW Modification
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2018, 09:32:51 am »
Bump

AeroNinja

In need of Testers and Reviewers! - TSO NW MOD
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2018, 09:48:24 am »
Hey Rune. :)

I'm in need of testers and reviewers. If you are interested please don't hesitate to join the steamgroup. Everyone is welcome. - https://steamcommunity.com/groups/NWTSOM

Offline nytek

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
This is awesome :) I'd be happy to try it.
Proud member of the 8th Hussars. UI/UX design freelancer. I love gaming and coding.

AeroNinja

You can! Just join the steamgroup. In the discussion Version 1.0 you can find the download link. Just be sure to share your opinion about it. I need as much as feedback possible. :)

Edit: I have found new sounds for the musket weaponry. They are much deeper and more realistic. I will test them tommorow and when they are edited I will include them in the next version.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 10:32:15 pm by Ἀχιλλεύς »

AeroNinja

For adding slightly more realism to the mod, I have decided to get rid of the Darthmod musket sounds, and I converted General Andy's musket mod into NW.

Here is a preview video on how it will sound. This is before I script the text file. You will hear many more variations after I scripted it.

Offline MarjioviçR

• Captain
  • freedoms simp
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MotoBvock MaimLockXD
new one is far better imo

AeroNinja

Yeah, I guess I'll keep those. :) . Thanks for your input.

Would these also be realistic for rifle sounds?

Offline Lorucas

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
Yeah, I guess I'll keep those. :) . Thanks for your input.

Would these also be realistic for rifle sounds?

I love this new sound Achiles :D (and deffinetly that spit ;D)

About rifles I think so :P

AeroNinja

Alright nice. I will normally release a new updated version tommorow. If not this weekend. Because I still have to go to work tommorow. Rifle sounds and melee sounds will be updated. I want to get "green light" for these by the reviewers for realism before I move to the next sounds. :P

Offline Kaatun

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
I'm happy to see that the mod is still being updated, I already liked the old version of the mod, now with these changes, it's just fantastic, congratulations for the work  ;)
Those who fear being defeated are sure of defeat.

- Napoleon Bonaparte

AeroNinja

Thanks friend. Happy you like it. :)

Offline Lorucas

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
The new sounds which are coming are like :o :o :o :o