Author Topic: "Empire: Total War" Mods: What do you recommend?  (Read 34640 times)

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: "Empire: Total War" Mods: What do you recommend?
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2013, 10:45:07 pm »
Actually, it's not. I am a user of the Total War forums, and there have been many people ask about a Victorian Total War. Creative Assembly developers said they will not venture that late int the 1800s.

But they have already done it...

Yes, they did with Fall of the Samurai, but that is not what I meant. I meant that they will not release a full game strictly focusing on the world in the late 1800s. FotS was an expansion

for Shogun 2, but still only featured Japan as the playable theater. There was a rumor that R2TW was going to be Empires: Total War, and was going to be about the late Victorian era and up to WWI. But, that was shot down by a CA developer.

If there's a will there's a way. If people want a Victorian Era game, they will get it eventually, CA just wants to make money and have a strong fanbase at the end of the day.

It was already hard to make implant different strategies in napoleon other than from in lines, in the late 1800s and early 1900s there we no tactics except shoot,shoot, and fire a cannon.

Well that's completely and utterly false, but still 1800s and 1900s would not work for other reasons.

Offline Forest

• Second Lieutenant
  • God Bless America
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2015, 09:19:45 pm »
I would say anything past black powder warfare is pushing it. Total war encompasses tight units, allowing for clear tactical combat on the battle field. Early 1900s (WW1) takes warfare to an entirely different standard.

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
  • Side: Union
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2015, 02:52:21 pm »
This thread is almost 2 years old m8
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline YS23

• Second Lieutenant
  • Ὑπομονὴ κερδίον.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Xephaeston
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2023, 11:14:19 am »
I've been playing Darthmod quite a lot now for Empire Total War and I am looking for something new. I bumped upon these three mods:

- Imperial Splendour
- Imperial Destroyer
- Empire 2 Total War

Has anyone played any one of them or maybe all of them? Which one do you really recommend?