Author Topic: Reenacting meme's  (Read 16065 times)

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Reenacting meme's
« on: March 21, 2013, 11:06:58 am »
Just post reenactment memes etc funny reenactment pics here :)

some from FB

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
Re: Reenacting meme's
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 11:23:36 am »

Yeah, this pisses me off too. In fact, the greatest part of the people here use FIELD BEDS. Seriously. What's wrong with sleeping on some straw?

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 11:26:21 am »

Yeah, this pisses me off too. In fact, the greatest part of the people here use FIELD BEDS. Seriously. What's wrong with sleeping on some straw?

ye, can understand the older people doing this but the younger ones have no excuse (unless medical etc)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 11:29:27 am »
This weekend I'm actually planning to not bring my modern sleeping bag along and just sleep in greatcoat and blanket.

Did I mentioned it's going to be around freezing point?  ::) We sleep inside a stable, though.

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 02:44:09 pm »

straw!, na its all about sleeping with only a gum blanket on the ground 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 05:54:42 pm by munk »
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 04:59:41 pm »
...or you can be like my buddy Chris Ruff and sleep by the fire with a greatcoat and a blanket, waking up throughout the night to gather more firewood to put on the fire. xD He's as tough as nails, even when it's below freezing.

You have to learn how to sleep outside or in the cold when you're reenacting. Such things as:
Try not to sweat before you get to sleep and dry your feet if they're moist.
Take off your socks or footwraps and wrap them around your midsection when sleeping.
Wear a cap when you're sleeping to keep in the heat, even if it's your kepi, slouch hat, service cap, or whatever you have. There's a method behind the madness of the nightcap.
Make use of all of your uniform to keep warm. If I have a blanket, I lay down my greatcoat and cover myself with the blanket. I'll also drape my tunic / coat over my head and tuck the sides under my shoulders. Also, the great thing about a greatcoat is you can stick both of your feet into a sleeve and fold in the end of the sleeve to keep in the heat.
Layers = heat retention. That's why straw is so damn useful. If you are able to get some sort of layer between you and the ground, excellent. A lot of the time the ground will actually suck the warmth out of you.

It'll be miserable, but livable. No need to get hypothermia during the night or be so cold and miserable you're crying to figure out a way to get warm.
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 05:42:42 pm »
Siberian weekend expected.

Goddamned weather forecast, do you really have to spoil the weekend before it even starts?

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 11:13:12 am »
hehehe

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 12:12:31 pm »
...or you can be like my buddy Chris Ruff and sleep by the fire with a greatcoat and a blanket, waking up throughout the night to gather more firewood to put on the fire. xD He's as tough as nails, even when it's below freezing.

You have to learn how to sleep outside or in the cold when you're reenacting. Such things as:
Take off your socks or footwraps and wrap them around your midsection when sleeping.
Wear a cap when you're sleeping to keep in the heat, even if it's your kepi, slouch hat, service cap, or whatever you have. There's a method behind the madness of the nightcap.
Make use of all of your uniform to keep warm. If I have a blanket, I lay down my greatcoat and cover myself with the blanket. I'll also drape my tunic / coat over my head and tuck the sides under my shoulders. Also, the great thing about a greatcoat is you can stick both of your feet into a sleeve and fold in the end of the sleeve to keep in the heat.
Layers = heat retention. That's why straw is so damn useful. If you are able to get some sort of layer between you and the ground, excellent. A lot of the time the ground will actually suck the warmth out of you.

It'll be miserable, but livable. No need to get hypothermia during the night or be so cold and miserable you're crying to figure out a way to get warm.

Thanks for all these usefull tips. They will come in handy!

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 12:23:57 pm »

Thanks for all these usefull tips. They will come in handy!

same :)

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 12:35:18 pm »

I love geting fire duty.
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 12:49:40 pm »

Offline Reverse

• Second Lieutenant
  • Rule Britannia!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Reverse
  • Side: Union
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2013, 10:42:27 pm »
I must seem like an imbecile for asking this, but what is a farb?

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 10:45:18 pm »
I must seem like an imbecile for asking this, but what is a farb?

From the data I have decoded from this hole:

A re-enector, though one with cheap/inaccurate equipment

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2013, 11:06:44 pm »
Someone with cheap gear isn't necessarily a farb. It's more about the fact you aren't willing to spent extra research, money and effort in a better impression.

Though, that's the definition used here. In the US, it's used for pretty much everybody who isn't 100% accurate. So even if you are making the effort, you suck.
You should note that the extremes of farbness and hardcore of the ACW are MUCH more spread out then here in European Napoleonics. I've seen Americans doing ten times worse then us, and hardcores to whom everybody is a farb.