Author Topic: [RGL5] Main Thread  (Read 217552 times)

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
  • Side: Neutral
Re: RGL - Regimental Groupfighting League Season 5 (Sign ups end on November 1st)
« Reply #345 on: September 26, 2017, 10:16:25 am »
What if I'm leader of two regs
K-KA and KK-A ?

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: RGL - Regimental Groupfighting League Season 5 (Sign ups end on November 1st)
« Reply #346 on: September 26, 2017, 10:21:10 am »
K-KA and Nr57  ;D ;D ;D ;D :P :D ;) :) :-*

Offline Voluble123

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 26, 2017, 11:58:06 am »
Movement is no more
Thank god.

Anyway when you think about it, why would it not be fair to make a run-off vote after this one with the two most popular options? I don't agree with the point that was made that when you vote for yes you vote for yes* as well. Certainly I am an advocate against double regging but this has plagued the NW community for ages. In the golden age of NW, all the good regiments didn't have to go around begging people from other regiments to join them so that they could have a better chance at winning an online league. Nowadays all I see is steam groups of the top regiments, with members with other regimental tags. I mean when you play for one regiment in RGL that shouldn't mean you have the right to just straight up play for other regiments because you have a commitment to one already. What I see as well are regimental leaders going around cavalry regiments and skirmisher regiments, and getting the good players from that to join their regiment for RGL. Now they wouldn't attend any normal events, but just the RGL ones. It's honestly much the same to making a groupfighting team and not a regiment. But this is Regimental Groupfighting League, so it's saddening to see such acceptance for such counter-productive policies.

Ok what about someone like me who leads a public rifle detachment and do no competitive at all with the 2nd and i asked to join the 66th and i joined before RGL came up and i go to all there groupfights and 1v1s? Your saying i should leave a regiment that doesn't do competitive that ive been in for years just for a 1 month tournament? Surely people like me should be a exception and im sure movement got people from other competitive regiments meaning there was a conflict of interest, with me there isnt.... I am not a apart of another competitive regiment so why should the double regging rule apply to me when i am fully in the 66th competitively and both Salakien and the 2nd leader is ok with it?  You have a point about ACTUAL competitive double reggers that actually affect the tournaments legitimacy in terms of playing for one team but for someone like me who intends to only play with the one regiment he joined competitively, to be told i may not even be able to play because i lead a fucking rifles detachment once a week is fucking bullshit. 
h0w mush chug kud a chug chung chung if a chug chung kud chung chug?

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #348 on: September 26, 2017, 12:02:52 pm »
wavy
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #349 on: September 26, 2017, 12:07:35 pm »
Voluble you're saying the same thing every time xd, although yea your case I think is a good example of a sensible double-regging solution imo. I mainly don't see the point of making such votes when the past RGL seasons (this is the 5th one already and you want to change stuff) had a double reg rule focusing on regiments within the RGL competition itself. The one time the rule was in general about double regging, there was a limitation of commitment similar to what we are explaining that people are doing in casual regiments.

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #350 on: September 26, 2017, 12:08:01 pm »
Movement is no more
Thank god.

Anyway when you think about it, why would it not be fair to make a run-off vote after this one with the two most popular options? I don't agree with the point that was made that when you vote for yes you vote for yes* as well. Certainly I am an advocate against double regging but this has plagued the NW community for ages. In the golden age of NW, all the good regiments didn't have to go around begging people from other regiments to join them so that they could have a better chance at winning an online league. Nowadays all I see is steam groups of the top regiments, with members with other regimental tags. I mean when you play for one regiment in RGL that shouldn't mean you have the right to just straight up play for other regiments because you have a commitment to one already. What I see as well are regimental leaders going around cavalry regiments and skirmisher regiments, and getting the good players from that to join their regiment for RGL. Now they wouldn't attend any normal events, but just the RGL ones. It's honestly much the same to making a groupfighting team and not a regiment. But this is Regimental Groupfighting League, so it's saddening to see such acceptance for such counter-productive policies.

Ok what about someone like me who leads a public rifle detachment and do no competitive at all with the 2nd and i asked to join the 66th and i joined before RGL came up and i go to all there groupfights and 1v1s? Your saying i should leave a regiment that doesn't do competitive that ive been in for years just for a 1 month tournament? Surely people like me should be a exception and im sure movement got people from other competitive regiments meaning there was a conflict of interest, with me there isnt.... I am not a apart of another competitive regiment so why should the double regging rule apply to me when i am fully in the 66th competitively and both Salakien and the 2nd leader is ok with it?  You have a point about ACTUAL competitive double reggers that actually affect the tournaments legitimacy in terms of playing for one team but for someone like me who intends to only play with the one regiment he joined competitively, to be told i may not even be able to play because i lead a fucking rifles detachment once a week is fucking bullshit.
Then you don't quite understand what I said. You lead a rifles detachment, it's not my fault you made that choice but that is the choice you have made. If you like rifles and want to play competitively that doesn't mean you have to lead a rifles detachment, that is your choice and you should stick with it. You can't have the best of both worlds, if you want to play competitively then you can join a regiment like the 66th, but double regging has something wrong with it in it's foundation. It gives a conflict of interest to the person who is double regging, and having multiple loyalties means you have none at all. Regiments are meant to be a commitment, and double regging nullifies that commitment. This is what inviting is for, if you like rifles then inviting for a rifles regiment once a week is probably fine in the moral standards of what NW is. This is what a lot of people do, but being part of two regiments at the same time, means you're not a full member of either, and therefore, shouldn't be allowed to play in these kinds of leagues.

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 26, 2017, 12:21:37 pm »

Online Fwuffy
Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
Donator

My honour is my loyalty.
View Profile  Personal Message (Online)
Nick: 66th Cpt | 30th LCpl
Side: Confederacy

LOL fwuffy blatantly double regging

Offline Fwuffy

• General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 26, 2017, 12:25:55 pm »

Online Fwuffy
Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
Donator

My honour is my loyalty.
View Profile  Personal Message (Online)
Nick: 66th Cpt | 30th LCpl
Side: Confederacy

LOL fwuffy blatantly double regging
madrfakr

Offline Voluble123

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 26, 2017, 12:43:49 pm »

Then you don't quite understand what I said. You lead a rifles detachment, it's not my fault you made that choice but that is the choice you have made. If you like rifles and want to play competitively that doesn't mean you have to lead a rifles detachment, that is your choice and you should stick with it. You can't have the best of both worlds, if you want to play competitively then you can join a regiment like the 66th, but double regging has something wrong with it in it's foundation. It gives a conflict of interest to the person who is double regging, and having multiple loyalties means you have none at all. Regiments are meant to be a commitment, and double regging nullifies that commitment. This is what inviting is for, if you like rifles then inviting for a rifles regiment once a week is probably fine in the moral standards of what NW is. This is what a lot of people do, but being part of two regiments at the same time, means you're not a full member of either, and therefore, shouldn't be allowed to play in these kinds of leagues.

"If you like rifles and want to play competitively that doesn't mean you have to lead a rifles detachment, that is your choice and you should stick with it. " Yes your right, it doesn't mean i have to lead a rifles detachment BUT the point is i do, and at a different time im playing competitively with the 66th on one of the 6 other days i have free. Yes it is also my decision and i am sticking with it because its the logical thing to do, i wont leave a detachment i built from nothing just for a month long tournament?

"You can't have the best of both worlds"  Why not? Is it a written rule in the same book that says Ponys shit fairy dust?

"but double regging has something wrong with it in it's foundation" yes you are 100billion% right, the idea of double regging being bad stemmed from public regiments having people who play in two regiment doing normal events and only being able to play with one which eventually pissed of one of the regiments and therefore regiments started to ban it, that is the foundation of double regging. Now people like you twist the Morales of double regging to suit your purpose like this. Now if you implement competitive double regging into competitive it stands for the same thing the public version did, not allowed to be in 2 public regiments and then in competitive your not allowed to represent 2 competitive regiments, the problem which regiments had is that people like movement would use there players to make his regiment looked good which is why the rule is so fucking strict now, but situations like mine where i am in 1 public and 1 competitive regiment should not be banned, purely because there is no lack of commitment and no conflict of interest <<<< they are the foundations on which regiments enforced the rule because they are the problems regiments seen (players not attending and going with other regiments (lack of commitment to regiment A) then when you may be in the same event or events on the same day as both Regiment A and B that is then (conflict of interest). Neither of those apply to me as i attend every event of both regiments as i have the time so the 2 points you used to justify double regging being bad do not apply to me.

"It gives a conflict of interest to the person who is double regging, and having multiple loyalties means you have none at all" I have loyalty to 2ndCR for my one fucking rifle event a week and i have loyalty to the 66th 100% full member competitively. Now you tell me which of the best 66th players go to other events other than competitive ones? Im pretty sure the vast majority go to 1v1s/GFs and nothing else etc. Drake/LeBrave/Muha/SharZ. Now if i go to the same amount of events or more than there types of players, are you saying they are more committed than i am?

"Regiments are meant to be a commitment"  Yes regiments are a commitment hence why i never ever ever left the 2nd when i got asked by 50 regiments because i am loyal. If anything i am more committed than you are with the 5th because I managed to sustain and newly formed rifles detachment a year ago when the game is virtually dead and continued it for a year with good attendance, so dont talk commitment with me. "and double regging nullifies that commitment"   In what way? My commitment is based on attending events, am i doing that? Yes. If you mentioned it nullifies commitment please elaborate on how exactly this affects my situation when i attend the vast majority of events currently? Especially when we beat you 15-4 xD

"but being part of two regiments at the same time, means you're not a full member of either" Says who? Full time to me is when you attend all/most of the regiments events. Now i lead once a week in the 2nd so there is my 100% commitment to all the 2nd events. So that is out the question, now it is about my commitment to the 66th, OH WAIT!!!!! ive been to every event since i joined! that smells like a sweet 100% commitment to me!!!! So dont go round throwing word like being a part of two regiments means you your not a full time member of either because that is your outside perception of my situation and it could not be further from the truth. Now if you asked me about general double reggers like in movements situation i would openly agree with you that it is wrong, but if the whole community is going to get butt hurt if a no name rifles leader joins a regiment he probably wont get played in, then i dont know what to say other than i probably go to more 66th events a week than you do 5th...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 12:46:05 pm by Voluble123 »
h0w mush chug kud a chug chung chung if a chug chung kud chung chug?

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
« Reply #354 on: September 26, 2017, 12:48:49 pm »
What the fuck

Offline Fwuffy

• General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 26, 2017, 12:49:27 pm »
What the fuck
Voluble the more crude, British Tardet confirmed?

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 26, 2017, 12:49:53 pm »

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 26, 2017, 12:53:30 pm »
tardet eat your heart out buddy

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 26, 2017, 12:54:59 pm »
lol memes

Offline Maharbaal

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 23e_CplFo_Mathias_Bastier
« Reply #359 on: September 26, 2017, 12:55:55 pm »
I'm still looking for an ez rgl win reg, mp me if interested.