Author Topic: [RGL5] Main Thread  (Read 216617 times)

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: RGL - Regimental Groupfighting League (Season 5)
« Reply #165 on: September 20, 2017, 07:02:35 pm »

Exactly there is nothing wrong with allowing people to play that also play arty. It's not like there is a massive amount of great meleers in the casual regiments anyway? So why you care so much I simply do not know. If it's some weak attempt to weaken other regiments line-up by disqualifying players that are play cav arty or rifles then you are being really unfair. The bottom line is 1 Regiment for RGL ID every regiments line-ups that's fine.

And its not unfair to the other regiments who doesnt have these players to call upon and follow the rules?

So what your saying it's unfair that other regiments don't have the players that we have?

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
« Reply #166 on: September 20, 2017, 07:05:53 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler
no double reggers even if the regiment in question is ''casual''
Wanted to add that I have nothing against reghopping or double regging, after all, it's only a game.

But if you're going to allow people to join regiments just to play in RGL and not attend anything else, does that not go against the purpose of the league? It's called Regimental Groupfighting League after all.
Might I add I like Etherton's idea of a transfer window, you can't force someone to stay in a regiment after all.

I am very much against the idea of people joining regiments just so they can jack off to a virtual tournament win.

That's gonna happen anyway. There's no way you can czech whether the player joined only for the one tournament or because he simply wants to spend his free time in other regimental events as well.

I say make regiments provide ID's of their players and don't let them change the roster after the tournament officialy starts. This way it will finally look a bit professional.

Same goes with your suggestion bud. People just use 2nd steam accounts to work around it. Bottomline is, as long as the reg leaders are as crooked as politicians and use ppl which commitment to a reg is questionable, this is what we get. Cheaters.
Just make it as annoying and hard as possible for them to use mercs and double regers and if they actually get caught, punish the reg and the individual hard, ban and deduct points. Don't make it a risk worth taking so to speak.

OR just make it free for everyone to use mercs.

Don't go with some half-ass shit
[close]

I said it earlier that you can in no way prevent people from double regging.  ;)

Simply for anyone with common sense, banning people from the tournament because they play arty event 3 times a month and arguing that they are not committed to their main/competitive regiment is bullshit.

Just saying.

You can not prevent it, I agree with that but you can make it harder and not worth the risk if you come down on the cheaters hard.
Regimental leaders always have the outmost responsability to make sure members playing for them abide by the rules.
I don't give a rats ass if its line, arty or cav. Double reg is double reg no exceptions. If you want to play arty so bad just tag along as an invite.

OR, as I said, remove the rule and allow mers and invites. Im fine with whatever as long as there is no half-assed rules/punishments as before.
[close]

So people should generally not be allowed to play cav and line leagues because other doublereggers might be mercs. Well thats just ridiculous

Exactly there is nothing wrong with allowing people to play that also play arty. It's not like there is a massive amount of great meleers in the casual regiments anyway? So why you care so much I simply do not know. If it's some weak attempt to weaken other regiments line-up by disqualifying players that are play cav arty or rifles then you are being really unfair. The bottom line is 1 Regiment for RGL ID every regiments line-ups that's fine.

Offcourse the 66th member jumps to the defense of not banning double reggers :)
Yeah, I mean it's up to the organiser in the end. If he bans double regging then we'll lose Bandej to his 8 man skirm regiment which he plays sometimes :(

And like Voluble the Leader of the 2nd skirms and probably others which will find out when putting some effort into it :)

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #167 on: September 20, 2017, 07:07:22 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler
Wanted to add that I have nothing against reghopping or double regging, after all, it's only a game.

But if you're going to allow people to join regiments just to play in RGL and not attend anything else, does that not go against the purpose of the league? It's called Regimental Groupfighting League after all.
Might I add I like Etherton's idea of a transfer window, you can't force someone to stay in a regiment after all.

I am very much against the idea of people joining regiments just so they can jack off to a virtual tournament win.

That's gonna happen anyway. There's no way you can czech whether the player joined only for the one tournament or because he simply wants to spend his free time in other regimental events as well.

I say make regiments provide ID's of their players and don't let them change the roster after the tournament officialy starts. This way it will finally look a bit professional.

Same goes with your suggestion bud. People just use 2nd steam accounts to work around it. Bottomline is, as long as the reg leaders are as crooked as politicians and use ppl which commitment to a reg is questionable, this is what we get. Cheaters.
Just make it as annoying and hard as possible for them to use mercs and double regers and if they actually get caught, punish the reg and the individual hard, ban and deduct points. Don't make it a risk worth taking so to speak.

[close]

I said it earlier that you can in no way prevent people from double regging.  ;)

Simply for anyone with common sense, banning people from the tournament because they play arty event 3 times a month and arguing that they are not committed to their main/competitive regiment is bullshit.

Just saying.

You can not prevent it, I agree with that but you can make it harder and not worth the risk if you come down on the cheaters hard.
Regimental leaders always have the outmost responsability to make sure members playing for them abide by the rules.
I don't give a rats ass if its line, arty or cav. Double reg is double reg no exceptions. If you want to play arty so bad just tag along as an invite.

OR, as I said, remove the rule and allow mers and invites. Im fine with whatever as long as there is no half-assed rules/punishments as before.
[close]

So people should generally not be allowed to play cav and line leagues because other doublereggers might be mercs. Well thats just ridiculous

Yeah, I mean it's up to the organiser in the end. If he bans double regging then we'll lose Bandej to his 8 man skirm regiment which he plays sometimes :(

And like Voluble the Leader of the 2nd skirms and probably others which will find out when putting some effort into it :)

I didn't know you were so scared of a rifles leader?

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #168 on: September 20, 2017, 07:09:35 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler

[close]

Just saying.

[close]

yea like's been stated already, with the casual regiments and members that are still attending frequently and with priority of 66th competitive events. it's not that the 57e double regging problem is around anymore now. a problem I might see is with some of our Czech guys that play casual events with the 56e when we don't have anything serious, I don't know what Phoenix thinks about that but to me it seems like the same situation

Online John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #169 on: September 20, 2017, 07:22:03 pm »
Guys I'm abit short on members right now could I borrow some for RGL?

Thanks a bunch!!!
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #170 on: September 20, 2017, 07:23:45 pm »

Thanks a bunch!!!
not from us tho that's actual double regging !!!!!!!!!

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 20, 2017, 07:30:06 pm »

And its not unfair to the other regiments who doesnt have these players to call upon and follow the rules?

So what your saying it's unfair that other regiments don't have the players that we have?

You mean the mercs you have ;)

Thanks a bunch!!!

Im utter shit but Im in a non comp casual 33rd light company so Im eligible if you'd have me ;D

Online John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 20, 2017, 07:31:20 pm »
Sure, all wankers are free to join!!!!
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 20, 2017, 07:38:04 pm »

aaw fanks bud :-*

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #174 on: September 20, 2017, 08:09:58 pm »
Capri Sun's free I heard.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Lone

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #175 on: September 20, 2017, 08:14:57 pm »
First of all it´s interesting to see people provocating regiments when they lack arguments, intellect or anything worthy to say.

Anyway it´s true what Carolus says, there should definitely not be a weak rule about this which you can bypass easily. Nevertheless I don´t really get the point of just playing as an invite. If you don´t care if someone invites for a regiment (e.g. cav) and still plays for a competetive member of the RGL, why would it be that questionable if he´s just a regular member of the cav regiment? The outcome is pretty much the same, just a steam group or a roster or anything else. Vice versa the same, just being invite but still playing 1 event per week or something, it doesn´t matter in the end. I see your points but as long as the membership in said Cav regiment doesn´t affect (and with that I mean double regging in the sense of being in two RGL-attending regiments) the RGL itself, I do not see any kind of problem.
As several people already stated, the practical enforcement would also be rather hard.
But finally calle is right in the point that if a decision is taken, it should be no half shit.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 08:17:27 pm by Lone »
Tier Legendary Elite ++
97p Lone : By himself he's a very good duo. So he deserve a spot of his own.

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 20, 2017, 08:29:11 pm »
Capri Sun's free I heard.

I've heard he's a pretty darn dope guy.

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 20, 2017, 08:40:42 pm »
Im sorry my english is junk Im not sure I get what you are trying to say with your last post(?) but no, if a player is a member of a cav regiment and he/she plays in competetive cav leagues(or simply casual events for that matter) I do not think he/she should be allowed to represent any reg in this tournament if you have a rule against double reg/mercing.

i do not agree at all about that. since there is no competitive event between cav and inf, i dont see any reason why we should think about this
if both regs are aware that one of their player is in 2 regs, cav and line in this case, and he made a choice over who to join if both reg have an event at the same time and both regs accepted it, i dont see where is the pb
if any of the regs simply doesnt agree on the player's choice then he just leaves
Former 2ndCSG_Pvt | 7th_Trp | 8e_Mchl | 17e_CplFo | 77y_Pfc | 5e_Brg | 91st_Pte
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #178 on: September 20, 2017, 08:45:07 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

[close]

Just saying.

[close]

I didn't know you were so scared of a rifles leader?
[close]
nice one
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 20, 2017, 09:07:19 pm »
imma just sub to this shit if thats cool hehe xd