Author Topic: [RGL5] Main Thread  (Read 216697 times)

Offline Phoen!x

• Major
  • RGL Inventor
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: RGL - Regimental Groupfighting League (Season 5)
« Reply #150 on: September 20, 2017, 04:27:51 pm »
no double reggers even if the regiment in question is ''casual''
Wanted to add that I have nothing against reghopping or double regging, after all, it's only a game.

But if you're going to allow people to join regiments just to play in RGL and not attend anything else, does that not go against the purpose of the league? It's called Regimental Groupfighting League after all.
Might I add I like Etherton's idea of a transfer window, you can't force someone to stay in a regiment after all.

I am very much against the idea of people joining regiments just so they can jack off to a virtual tournament win.

That's gonna happen anyway. There's no way you can czech whether the player joined only for the one tournament or because he simply wants to spend his free time in other regimental events as well.

I say make regiments provide ID's of their players and don't let them change the roster after the tournament officialy starts. This way it will finally look a bit professional.

Same goes with your suggestion bud. People just use 2nd steam accounts to work around it. Bottomline is, as long as the reg leaders are as crooked as politicians and use ppl which commitment to a reg is questionable, this is what we get. Cheaters.
Just make it as annoying and hard as possible for them to use mercs and double regers and if they actually get caught, punish the reg and the individual hard, ban and deduct points. Don't make it a risk worth taking so to speak.

OR just make it free for everyone to use mercs.

Don't go with some half-ass shit

Can say that about anyone who's joined past September 17th, but not about anyone who is in an artillery reg as well, which is exactly the problem.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #151 on: September 20, 2017, 04:35:59 pm »
You can never stop people from double regging no matter what or crooked desperate leaders from allowing it.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Board Moderator
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #152 on: September 20, 2017, 04:40:57 pm »
Wanted to add that I have nothing against reghopping or double regging, after all, it's only a game.

But if you're going to allow people to join regiments just to play in RGL and not attend anything else, does that not go against the purpose of the league? It's called Regimental Groupfighting League after all.
Might I add I like Etherton's idea of a transfer window, you can't force someone to stay in a regiment after all.

I am very much against the idea of people joining regiments just so they can jack off to a virtual tournament win.

That's gonna happen anyway. There's no way you can czech whether the player joined only for the one tournament or because he simply wants to spend his free time in other regimental events as well.

I say make regiments provide ID's of their players and don't let them change the roster after the tournament officialy starts. This way it will finally look a bit professional.

Same goes with your suggestion bud. People just use 2nd steam accounts to work around it. Bottomline is, as long as the reg leaders are as crooked as politicians and use ppl which commitment to a reg is questionable, this is what we get. Cheaters.
Just make it as annoying and hard as possible for them to use mercs and double regers and if they actually get caught, punish the reg and the individual hard, ban and deduct points. Don't make it a risk worth taking so to speak.

I said it earlier that you can in no way prevent people from double regging.  ;)

Simply for anyone with common sense, banning people from the tournament because they play arty event 3 times a month and arguing that they are not committed to their main/competitive regiment is bullshit.

Just saying.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 20, 2017, 04:58:45 pm »
Spoiler

[close]

I said it earlier that you can in no way prevent people from double regging.  ;)

Simply for anyone with common sense, banning people from the tournament because they play arty event 3 times a month and arguing that they are not committed to their main/competitive regiment is bullshit.

Just saying.

You can not prevent it, I agree with that but you can make it harder and not worth the risk if you come down on the cheaters hard.
Regimental leaders always have the outmost responsability to make sure members playing for them abide by the rules.
I don't give a rats ass if its line, arty or cav. Double reg is double reg no exceptions. If you want to play arty so bad just tag along as an invite.

OR, as I said, remove the rule and allow mers and invites. Im fine with whatever as long as there is no half-assed rules/punishments as before.

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #154 on: September 20, 2017, 05:17:40 pm »

Very accurate. I support this idea.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #155 on: September 20, 2017, 05:46:18 pm »
Overcomplication to its finest?
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Phoen!x

• Major
  • RGL Inventor
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 20, 2017, 06:27:26 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler

[close]

Just saying.

You can not prevent it, I agree with that but you can make it harder and not worth the risk if you come down on the cheaters hard.
Regimental leaders always have the outmost responsability to make sure members playing for them abide by the rules.
I don't give a rats ass if its line, arty or cav. Double reg is double reg no exceptions. If you want to play arty so bad just tag along as an invite.

OR, as I said, remove the rule and allow mers and invites. Im fine with whatever as long as there is no half-assed rules/punishments as before.
[close]

So people should generally not be allowed to play cav and line leagues because other doublereggers might be mercs. Well thats just ridiculous

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • SOUTH AFRICAN WAR DOG - NWWC 2019 WINNER
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 20, 2017, 06:39:04 pm »
Just one ID per regiment, if you see that ID play for another regiment then you can punish them.
Ofcourse ppl will have 2nd and or 3rd keys to get around it but you can't prevent that regardless.
If you can just check IDs to who plays for what you can kinda monitor atleast that.

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #158 on: September 20, 2017, 06:44:56 pm »
It's inevitable really, GUID roster lists are not a full stop to mercs and stuff.

The only real good way to help it is as Carolus mentioned, hard punishments.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #159 on: September 20, 2017, 06:47:39 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler

[close]

Just saying.

[close]

So people should generally not be allowed to play cav and line leagues because other doublereggers might be mercs. Well thats just ridiculous

Exactly there is nothing wrong with allowing people to play that also play arty. It's not like there is a massive amount of great meleers in the casual regiments anyway? So why you care so much I simply do not know. If it's some weak attempt to weaken other regiments line-up by disqualifying players that are play cav arty or rifles then you are being really unfair. The bottom line is 1 Regiment for RGL ID every regiments line-ups that's fine.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 06:50:50 pm by golden2 »

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #160 on: September 20, 2017, 06:51:44 pm »
Just have a master list of IDs per regiment, create set rules for when you can start playing for another regiment / when you can switch regiments (make that rather harsh please), and just don't let people play unless they are added to the list by an admin. No need to overcomplicate a last season of RGL in a dying game.

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
« Reply #161 on: September 20, 2017, 06:54:07 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler

[close]

Just saying.

[close]

Exactly there is nothing wrong with allowing people to play that also play arty. It's not like there is a massive amount of great meleers in the casual regiments anyway? So why you care so much I simply do not know. If it's some weak attempt to weaken other regiments line-up by disqualifying players that are play cav arty or rifles then you are being really unfair. The bottom line is 1 Regiment for RGL ID every regiments line-ups that's fine.

Offcourse the 66th member jumps to the defense of not banning double reggers :)

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #162 on: September 20, 2017, 06:57:26 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler

[close]

Just saying.

[close]

66th is part of the 1st Brigade we have members in arty and rifles etc it's not like half our line is also K-KA and 1/3 17e or something.. Besides if that was the case then those players are also in other regiments participating in RGL so would the other regiment not equally be at blame for having double reggers?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 07:00:13 pm by golden2 »

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #163 on: September 20, 2017, 06:57:34 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler

[close]

Just saying.

[close]

Yeah, I mean it's up to the organiser in the end. If he bans double regging then we'll lose Bandej to his 8 man skirm regiment which he plays sometimes :(

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 20, 2017, 06:59:26 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler

[close]

Just saying.

[close]

Im sorry my english is junk Im not sure I get what you are trying to say with your last post(?) but no, if a player is a member of a cav regiment and he/she plays in competetive cav leagues(or simply casual events for that matter) I do not think he/she should be allowed to represent any reg in this tournament if you have a rule against double reg/mercing.

You seem generally opposed to the idea of making it harder for these ppl to participate and fine, no problem by me, but make it free and open for everyone to use them in that case instead of creating some half-assed rule where you say its not allowed and you dont follow up and punish ppl and regs for breaking the rule. Not every reg has these players to call upon for tournaments and its simply not fair to regiments abiding to the rules to be at a disadvantage.

And its not unfair to the other regiments who doesnt have these players to call upon and follow the rules?