Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 64823 times)

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2014, 04:47:29 am »
What is the best singleplayer mod for Warband?   ???

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2014, 04:48:30 am »
Floris.
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2014, 04:49:09 am »
depends on what you are interested in...

pls elaborate.

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2014, 04:50:45 am »

pls elaborate.

well idk I've never played the singleplayer so I dont know what to expect.  I guess the mod with the best content.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2014, 04:57:46 am »

pls elaborate.

well idk I've never played the singleplayer so I dont know what to expect.  I guess the mod with the best content.

Floris if you want a far better version of the native singleplayer campaign. 1257 AD if you want a fantastic mod set in medieval Europe. Prophesy of Pendor if you want a great fantasy mod with a well written story and good characters/factions/events. Brytenwalda is also a really good mod set in the British Isles during the viking age.

Those are all some of my favorite singleplayer ones, I'm sure there are others that I missed.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 04:59:55 am by Nipplestockings »

Offline George385

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2014, 05:09:09 am »

pls elaborate.

Floris if you want a far better version of the native singleplayer campaign. 1257 AD if you want a fantastic mod set in medieval Europe. Prophesy of Pendor if you want a great fantasy mod with a well written story and good characters/factions/events. Brytenwalda is also a really good mod set in the British Isles during the viking age.

Those are all some of my favorite singleplayer ones, I'm sure there are others that I missed.

Brytenwalda was not set during the viking age... It was set during the early Dark Ages, before Alfred the Great took control of first united England... The Vikings were only getting started at these times, im talking around 450 A.D that Brytenwalda was aimed at, only 40 years after the Romans left. The Vikings never really started coming to Europe until when Alfred the Great was around in the mid ninth century.

anyway, back on topic, if you want one set during feudal Japan, then Gekokujo is the way to go :)

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2014, 02:26:11 pm »
Floris and PoP are incredible. If Warband never existed they would have just been as popular as Native.

Prophesy of Pendor is hard as hell though. If you haven't played Native SP I would try out Floris first.

I played a whole year on SP before NW came out. Never even really tried Warband MP until the last two weeks of MM. 

Offline Jelly

• Colonel
  • Formerly of 1stKDG, 60th, 1erChas, K-KA
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2014, 06:44:08 pm »
I'd suggest 'Prophesy of Pendor' or 'A Clash of Kings', a mod based on the works of George R.R. Martin. It's good fun and kept me entertained; I'm currently a Northern Sergeant in Robb Stark's party.

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2014, 06:45:49 pm »
note for clash of kings. Don't play it if you want to avoid spoilers. Around the 400 days mark there's an event that spoils some stuff from the fifth book if i'm not correct

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2014, 12:03:39 am »
Floris? More like Bore-is. Best mod is without a doubt and without competition http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,314.0.html Light & Darkness: Heroes of Calradia. Anyone who says otherwise is a heretic and should be executed for glorious Light & Darkness: Heroes of Calradia.

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2014, 01:22:24 am »
Floris? More like Bore-is. Best mod is without a doubt and without competition http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,314.0.html Light & Darkness: Heroes of Calradia. Anyone who says otherwise is a heretic and should be executed for glorious Light & Darkness: Heroes of Calradia.

It was fun. Weird as shit though.

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2014, 02:07:48 am »

It was fun. Weird as shit though.
That's the Chinese showing through. Still, it's fucking badass what they did with Warband. Made it scripted, has cutscenes, in battle dialogue, actual story, fantasy world, magic, so much other cool shit. The only area it's lacking in is translation, it's still pretty rough on the English side, good enough to know whats going on, but not anything to commemorate.

Offline George385

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2014, 02:37:01 am »
i was going to try it until you mentioned magic...

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2014, 03:28:52 am »
i was going to try it until you mentioned magic...
Not magic in combat, like alchemy and shit. Play it, it's nice.

Offline TheFlyingFishy

• Volunteer
  • James-Jacob-Jingleheimer-Fish
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FK_Gemeiner_TheFlyingFishy
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2014, 05:19:30 am »
Brytenwalda is my favorite game that I've ever played.

Prophecy of Pendor is great, and has a really interesting and sad backstory.

Floris is good for when you want all sorts of features, but don't want to leave Calradia.

Light and Darkness is some cool beans. Can't wait for part two.

Rigale was one of my favorites, but it's long dead by now.

Vikingr and Deluge are probably the best multiplayer mods.  Persistent World is a great time killer and a good way to chill out after a long day.

If you have the original Mount and Blade you really need to get The Last Days of the Third Age, 1866: A Mount and Blade Western, Sword of Damocles,  and The Wedding Dance (This one has some very mature content, though.) Star Wars Conquest would also be fun if you're super into Star Wars, I imagine.
Joel or Jebediah Swain in PW.

What a piece of work is man! How noble in reason! how infinite in faculties! how like an angel! in apprehension, how like a god, beauty of the world! the paragon of animals! And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me; no, nor woman neither.

Der_Einzige's ever-loyal manservant and biographer.