Author Topic: [ARMA3] Canary Tactical ~ Casual Realism  (Read 18979 times)

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
  • Side: Confederacy
[ARMA3] Canary Tactical ~ Casual Realism
« on: January 11, 2013, 07:44:10 pm »

Who Are We?
    Canary Tactical is a modest, long-standing Arma community with its foundation in Mount & Musket and Napoleonic Wars in 2011, before its foray into the Arma 2 scene in early 2012. We prize the heritage and culture we have crafted through the years, and are always eager to expand and bring in new blood.
Our objective, our playstyle, our community.
Our approach the the Arma franchise attempts to bring a balance between the casual enjoyment all games should give to its users with a minimal structure, framework, and atmosphere that fosters an air of seriousness we feel enhances the player's Arma experience. While in missions, players are expected to work together and under the direction of their leadership, roles and leadership are not static, allowing our members to grab whatever roles they are qualified from mission to mission on a first-come, first-serve basis. This allows our members to experience a more dynamic, fresh Arma experience.

Arma Session Details
Our Arma sessions vary widely in terms of scope and type. One session may be an Armored engagement, an Airborne invasion, or maybe even just a convoy gone wrong. We do not restrict ourselves to certain types of missions, nor do we restrict ourselves to any specific faction. Our missions are pretty spur-of-the-moment. Role selection is dynamic, allowing you to be in a different role from mission to mission. Additionally, we do not mimic exactly the organization and protocols of real-world military units just for the sake of it; over the years we have developed our own system which we feel works better for us on the virtual Arma battlefield.

Primary Session: Every Saturday
Session Time: 6:00 PM Central Time

Secondary Session: Tuesdays
Session Time: 7:30 PM CST (GMT-6)
Currently discontinued as a regular thing; can be used for secondary sessions or for trainings.

A beachhead is made in Operation Stingray II

A convoy sets up a defensive perimeter after sustaining wheel damage
Our Ranking Structure

We do not use a traditional ranking structure as is the norm in many Arma realism communities; however, we do still have a loose sort of ranking system, which aids in community administration. New applicants are welcomed in as Recruits, and are considered probationary members. Recruits should take junior roles, such as simple riflemen or other section members until they are more familiar with how we do things. After a 30 minute orientation, which will make sure the member knows how to operate all of our mods (namely ACRE and ACE), and four sessions attended, Recruits will automatically be made full members, or Troopers, unless they prove to be problematic, in which case they may be asked to extend their probationary period, or voluntarily leave. Outside of this, most members remain as Troopers unless they volunteer for community management positions. Members who volunteer for these postings, namely to help with personnel, server, mod and mission management are considered NCOs. Finally, there is a singular Commanding Officer, DaMonkey, who heads the community's basic operations.

Contact Information

Steam Group

Website

Commanding Officer

« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 10:18:34 pm by DaMonkey »
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
Canary Tactical - Media
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 07:44:28 pm »
Media
Work in Progress

« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 02:52:35 am by DaMonkey »
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline Connzcdf

• Major
  • Act like a wasteman, that's not me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Connzcdf
  • Side: Union
Re: [ARMA2] 16th Airborne Battalion
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 08:03:05 pm »
One day I will get a good PC. One day I will buy ARMA. One day I shall join a clan. One day...
Nice thread by the way.

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 06:10:18 pm »
Thanks. And indeed, it is quite an amazing game. The engine is just so durable, you can do countless things with it.

Offline Ronan6793

• Donator
  • But at what cost?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
  • Nick: Ronan
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 12:58:30 am »
What mods do you Use?

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 04:58:33 pm »
 We use ACE, ACRE, and a @16th and @16th_Extras modpack.

Offline Ronan6793

• Donator
  • But at what cost?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 05:13:44 pm »
Are the 16th Mods Like the ShackTac Mods?

example
ShackTac BunnyHop,
ShackTac Interact,
ShackTac Map Autobrightness,
ShackTac ACRE Volume Control,
ShackTac Littlebird Enhancement
And
ShackTac Movement addons

Offline Ronan6793

• Donator
  • But at what cost?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 05:14:03 pm »
Also  Im guessing the 16th Is EU

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 06:11:53 pm »
Are the 16th Mods Like the ShackTac Mods?

example
ShackTac BunnyHop,
ShackTac Interact,
ShackTac Map Autobrightness,
ShackTac ACRE Volume Control,
ShackTac Littlebird Enhancement
And
ShackTac Movement addons

All ShackTac addons are in the @16th_Extras, with the exception of st_littlebird which somehow ended up in the @16th modpack. These ST mods are essential to our style of play, in my opinion. The @16th folder is a compilation of maps such as Celle, Fallujah, and Aliabad, in addition to unit and vehicle packs, such as US Army Woodland skins and 2005 skins.

Also  Im guessing the 16th Is EU

Our members and schedule is built around the NA timezone, specifically Central Time.

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 01:51:47 am »
Might as do a little bit of a bump:

Picture taken during Operation Sting Ray:

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
Re: [ARMA2] 16th Air Cavalry
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 09:01:32 pm »
Hm. Might as well post something.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline TheBoberton

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Colonel
  • I don't want no pardon for anything I done
    • View Profile
    • Thomas' Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 08:17:15 pm »
I suspect that this needs to be bumped above the Star Wars shi.. stuff..

As such, I wish to say this;

Monkey, we need to do more Arma stuff instead of you guys running off to play Hearts of Iron and leaving me and Kowalski to play I44 without you.

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 09:55:56 pm »
We actually have to bump this?  ;D

Offline Holland

• Second Lieutenant
  • Still can't block
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Holland/Travis
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 05:51:28 pm »
Monkey, we need to do more Arma stuff instead of you guys running off to play Hearts of Iron and leaving me and Kowalski to play I44 without you.

Running an entire country > Having everyone Some people* troll and ruin a mission

I still love you. <3

EDIT: Changed word choice.
The Commissariat of Outstanding* Men is Recruiting! Already be my friend to join!

Offline TheBoberton

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Colonel
  • I don't want no pardon for anything I done
    • View Profile
    • Thomas' Steam Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2013, 11:45:21 pm »

Running an entire country > Having everyone Some people* troll and ruin a mission

Then kick Lemon and Battleboss out. :P And if we actually did anything in Arma, the trolling would cease, because they'd be actual events rather than just testing a mission or two.

Spoiler
The sudden raising of all of these Star Wars clans here is disconcerting, because it's being treated like this is the place to put the reservations..
[close]