Author Topic: #### "Super-Server" - Ideas? ####  (Read 1256 times)

Offline Saxinger

• Private
  • Scripter | 3teFK_Rek_Saxinger
    • View Profile
    • Tec-Turorials
  • Nick: Saxinger
  • Side: Neutral
#### "Super-Server" - Ideas? ####
« on: June 18, 2013, 01:54:54 pm »
Hey mates.

Like usually also in this Community are much mapper/modeller/scripter.
There're pretty nice maps on the server. But what do you think about some script modifications?

Like Kill Messages, with KD, ID and Distance informations? Scripts against noobs which makes, that you can't open the gate when the distance between the gate and the enemy is lower then for example 10m.

Killstreaks, Blesses and some other scripts.

So here're my questions.

1. What do you think about this?

2. Do you have any other ideas?

Would you download some modificated Scriptfiles which allowe you at servers the script runs on, to pickup items which were placed from the mapper at the map ( No Limit)?

Please Vote !:)

Greets Saxinger :)

PS: If there're questions or ideas add me on Steam : Saxinger[GLR]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 05:51:09 pm by Saxinger »

Offline WDMeaun

• Private
    • View Profile
Re: ################## "Super-Server" - Ideas? ##################
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 05:26:33 pm »
I cant say I approve with the "#######" in the subject, and if possible, please change that.

I do not have anything scripted at the ready, but would not mind programming a bit, when I know what is possible and if it's demanded.

I'm wondering for instance: is it possible to make server scripts in order to automatically change global server settings. (max cavalry / # bots / etc).
And is it possible to automatically administrate different teamsize ratio's? (say, 5 attackers for each 1 defender)

Been thinking about this for a while, but I just got too many things to work on to keep researching everything.

Offline Saxinger

• Private
  • Scripter | 3teFK_Rek_Saxinger
    • View Profile
    • Tec-Turorials
  • Nick: Saxinger
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 05:50:47 pm »
I cant say I approve with the "#######" in the subject, and if possible, please change that.

I do not have anything scripted at the ready, but would not mind programming a bit, when I know what is possible and if it's demanded.

I'm wondering for instance: is it possible to make server scripts in order to automatically change global server settings. (max cavalry / # bots / etc).
And is it possible to automatically administrate different teamsize ratio's? (say, 5 attackers for each 1 defender)

Been thinking about this for a while, but I just got too many things to work on to keep researching everything.

1. I dunno what you mean ( Maybe my English is too bad, I'm from germany ) :D

2. Yep I could do this. :)

Offline WDMeaun

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 06:27:48 pm »

1. I dunno what you mean ( Maybe my English is too bad, I'm from germany ) :D

2. Yep I could do this. :)

1. Well, if you could turn the subject into a plain: ""Super-Server" - Ideas?", you'd make me happy.
2. The "human vs bots" server could really make good use of some automation, where there should be only 5 on the Attackers' side and 2:1 bots in comparison to the Defenders.

If the server administrators are open to this, the script should be optional & shouldn't be too strict.
Only if the differences are getting too high (say more than 10 attackers) should it act.

I do not really know if other servers need scripting, as mods include their own.