Author Topic: Developer Blog 37 - Battle Cry of Freedom Part 8  (Read 62083 times)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Developer Blog 37 - Battle Cry of Freedom Part 8 (MIGHT TAKE LONG TO LOAD)
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2018, 01:56:51 pm »
Yeah like I was saying before, its not so much the implementation of it, its more HOW its implemented. We will see when the time comes.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2018, 02:10:53 pm »
I saw you mentioning ping as being a big factor in NW, I can assure you in bcof things are programmed very differently and ping has a much lower impact on the experience.

Things are being processed and send much faster than in the warband engine and things will have much lower delays.

This will result in a much lower impact that high ping has on the gaming experience. and also extreme low ping will have no advantage.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2018, 02:19:53 pm »
Yeah that all sounds good to me, obviously when the word "Chambering" gets thrown around NW players will immediately think of the NW model of chambering so.

Offline Miller786

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2018, 02:32:54 pm »
I personally don't understand the big deal about chambering, it's risky and requires pretty good timing to pull off.
New players will be clubbed even without chambering by experienced players that know how to melee, that's just the way it is. Also in my opinion chambering adds a layer of depth to melee combat that would otherwise be boring, it is useful to break the attack/block stalemate that always happens between two experienced players, the ability to chamber could be the factor that determines the better one and will prevent a fight from lasting 20 minutes.
I don't see how this feature is any different from learning the normal melee system...

chambering is literally braindead and not risky if you know how to play the game
Oh yea, so that's the reason that every "experienced player" only chambers because other attacks are not even worth it since chambering is so easy, so good and so OP. Yea right, gotcha.
Oh and by the way, if it's so easy im sure it won't be a problem for new players to learn it and be successful with it as well.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2018, 02:44:34 pm »
Calm it down there budskie.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2018, 02:49:07 pm »
I personally don't understand the big deal about chambering, it's risky and requires pretty good timing to pull off.
New players will be clubbed even without chambering by experienced players that know how to melee, that's just the way it is. Also in my opinion chambering adds a layer of depth to melee combat that would otherwise be boring, it is useful to break the attack/block stalemate that always happens between two experienced players, the ability to chamber could be the factor that determines the better one and will prevent a fight from lasting 20 minutes.
I don't see how this feature is any different from learning the normal melee system...

chambering is literally braindead and not risky if you know how to play the game
Oh yea, so that's the reason that every "experienced player" only chambers because other attacks are not even worth it since chambering is so easy, so good and so OP. Yea right, gotcha.
Oh and by the way, if it's so easy im sure it won't be a problem for new players to learn it and be successful with it as well.
I mean chambering is a pretty simple concept. Once you explain to someone how it works and they successfully do it a couple times you don't even have to think about it.

Also every "experienced player" doesn't only chamber? Chambers can be good yeah but they're easily counterable.

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2018, 02:59:16 pm »
As with any game its just a case of trying to make it so that its not just a brain dead system. Like it currently is, but as there is no tutorials etc. for it (other than a good little search on Youtube) players don't understand what it is until they join a regiment and they learn it.

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2018, 03:21:56 pm »
As with any game its just a case of trying to make it so that its not just a brain dead system. Like it currently is, but as there is no tutorials etc. for it (other than a good little search on Youtube) players don't understand what it is until they join a regiment and they learn it.
wtf u never taught me how to chamber??

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2018, 03:30:39 pm »
wtf u never taught me how to chamber??
Thats because you didn't pay the fee wtf

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2018, 03:38:57 pm »

Experienced players only chamber? Showing you’re not an experienced player tbh
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2018, 04:55:06 pm »
We are probably the worst meleers in history. Do you know how many tries it took us to get that footage of the chamber ? :P

Offline Shadow

• Former Moderator
  • Decorated Soldier, Validated Commander, GHTG
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Shadow
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2018, 05:21:04 pm »
We are probably the worst meleers in history. Do you know how many tries it took us to get that footage of the chamber ? :P

Haha
FSE Head Moderator, Feb 2018 - Apr 2022
FSE Community Moderator, Oct 2015 - Feb 2018

FSE Discord Moderator, Dec 2018 - Present

Former Leutnant 19te Prussian Infantry || Feel free to contact me on Steam here

Join the FSE Discord here!

Offline Miller786

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2018, 05:37:35 pm »
Calm it down there budskie.
You can't tell me what do, you're not my real dad!
Also im not your budskie, guy.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2018, 05:54:29 pm »
zomg ft7 me right now FSE devs, loser leaves town

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2018, 06:02:28 pm »
Does this mean we can challenge the almighty sperg lords of FSE for the deed to the FSE forums?

Where do I sign up?