Author Topic: First election - List of candidates & Discussion (March-April Term)  (Read 42084 times)

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: First election - List of candidates & Discussion (March-April Term)
« Reply #285 on: February 22, 2016, 09:31:50 am »
I vote for Fwuffy if he is up to job

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #286 on: February 22, 2016, 09:32:27 am »
This whole event has seemed to turn into a mass incident of shit-posting and it looks like the election will probably just be a popularity contest of ridiculous measures. Meh...

The worst of it is yet to come though.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #287 on: February 22, 2016, 09:40:25 am »
This whole event has seemed to turn into a mass incident of shit-posting and it looks like the election will probably just be a popularity contest of ridiculous measures. Meh...

Im not sure what you expected
I really don't know, somewhere in the back of my mind I had some semblance of hope :/

Hope for what? That we would have a dull, boring election with no humor or shitposting involved?

Even real elections are hardly better than this.

Norwegian13

« Reply #288 on: February 22, 2016, 10:11:43 am »

Im not sure what you expected
I really don't know, somewhere in the back of my mind I had some semblance of hope :/

Hope for what? That we would have a dull, boring election with no humor or shitposting involved?

Even real elections are hardly better than this.

I'm guessing that he was hoping that people would actually take this a bit seriously, not just evolve into making ridicoulous campaigns. I mean, sure they're fun and all, but there needs to be a line as to how far "fun" can go for a position that actually is supposed to be serious.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #289 on: February 22, 2016, 10:17:12 am »
The way I see it, the only candidates with a shot of winning are those taking it seriously anyway, so the memes and shitposting aren't really a problem.

All the trolls, like the ones spamming the whole forum with messages, probably don't have a shot at winning.

Besides, I'd much prefer a CR who could take a joke (or even better, make a joke) over a robocop who patrols the community.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 10:19:47 am by AP0CALYPS3 »

Norwegian13

« Reply #290 on: February 22, 2016, 10:23:27 am »
As said, jokes are fun and all that, but the jokes can't go too far. There needs to be a line as to how far the jokes can go.

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #291 on: February 22, 2016, 10:59:42 am »
I vote for Fwuffy if he is up to job
Dazzer you are now my campaign manager, shit-post for me :D

@Noorwegian @AP0CALYPS3 Pretty much what Noorwegian said. I see nothing wrong with humour in an election, but the oblivious spam of completely ridiculous "ads" all over the forum is just mind-blowing. It's hard to tell who's running for real and actually taking this seriously.

*edit: although I suppose every election just has to have its fair share of joke candidates and campaigns, for example in the US presidential race with Hillary Clinton etc.*
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 11:03:31 am by Fwuffy »

Offline Liam

• Major General
  • Liam innit
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Liam
« Reply #292 on: February 22, 2016, 11:36:28 am »
As I said noone is taking this thing seriously at all and there's one good reason for that, this community. Everywhere it's a joke, ingame, on the forums, Everywhere. Why did you expect this to be taken with any sort of seriousness? Besides, I already know like two people who are running who all have 2-3 regiments voting for them. It's a joke, it'll always be a joke, end of. Also just look at the people who are running, that should explain why it's even more funny. Most of them were gone for ages some are just people who want to be edgy and ban people. And then there's the autismo's like Ted.

Again I already know from one of the candidates they just want to ban as many people for no reason. But I'm not going to name shame, just realize this is a joke, and it'll always be a joke unless stated otherwise and the Mods actually cared to keep it serious.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 22, 2016, 12:08:57 pm »
stated otherwise and the Mods actually cared to keep it serious.

It's amazing that no matter how much effort we can put in to this, we still get blamed for everything that goes wrong.  ::)
You all have the chance to make things right here. If you don't, and I have to terminate this project, you'll only have yourself to blame.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 12:10:28 pm by Duuring »

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 22, 2016, 12:15:04 pm »
'Someone' decided to sent a 'campaign PM' to a bunch of people. Please don't.

Offline Liam

• Major General
  • Liam innit
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 22, 2016, 12:20:26 pm »
stated otherwise and the Mods actually cared to keep it serious.

It's amazing that no matter how much effort we can put in to this, we still get blamed for everything that goes wrong.  ::)
You all have the chance to make things right here. If you don't, and I have to terminate this project, you'll only have yourself to blame.

Ok so think of it like this. If a riot happens it isn't the police who needs to calm it down, It's the people? No. You and the other moderators are aloud to keep this serious, don't for all I care. And I don't go around and call the mods useless compared to some other people so don't think I'm blaming you or anyone else for this being stupid beyond belief.  It's more entertaining this way so keep it like this for all I care durring. :^)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 12:29:35 pm by Liam »

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 22, 2016, 12:30:08 pm »
Everything was going fine until Mikkel showed up. And because he's friends with Olafson (who has mod powers) I'm basically powerless. The only way I can keep things fair at that stage is accepting similair behavior from the others.

Don't worry though. If this ends up in a big joke, I'll just cancell the project (even though I really don't want to) and go on being the remote dictator I always was.

Offline Liam

• Major General
  • Liam innit
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 22, 2016, 12:35:48 pm »
Everything was going fine until Mikkel showed up. And because he's friends with Olafson (who has mod powers) I'm basically powerless. The only way I can keep things fair at that stage is accepting similair behavior from the others.

Don't worry though. If this ends up in a big joke, I'll just cancell the project (even though I really don't want to) and go on being the remote dictator I always was.

Alright so it is actually someone who has power's fault? Man this is even more cancerous than I thought it was, sorry you have to deal with all of this Autism Duuring. But I can't wait until this starts up, it's going to be very, very fun.  ::)

Offline Peppers

• Colonel
  • Father of North American Cavalry
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Pepper
« Reply #298 on: February 22, 2016, 12:44:04 pm »
Based liam  you get my vote

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #299 on: February 22, 2016, 12:49:26 pm »
As I said noone is taking this thing seriously at all and there's one good reason for that, this community. Everywhere it's a joke, ingame, on the forums, Everywhere. Why did you expect this to be taken with any sort of seriousness? Besides, I already know like two people who are running who all have 2-3 regiments voting for them. It's a joke, it'll always be a joke, end of. Also just look at the people who are running, that should explain why it's even more funny. Most of them were gone for ages some are just people who want to be edgy and ban people. And then there's the autismo's like Ted.

Again I already know from one of the candidates they just want to ban as many people for no reason. But I'm not going to name shame, just realize this is a joke, and it'll always be a joke unless stated otherwise and the Mods actually cared to keep it serious.

I've been taking it seriously, you think I would take the time to write posts like these if I wasn't lol?

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=29198.msg1288739#msg1288739 - re: banning policy

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=29198.msg1288173#msg1288173 - my intentions/platform

Further I have been continuously active since 2013 and, regarding candidates just wanting to be edgy and ban people, I have been an official server (NA_1) admin since 2014 and haver even remotely abused powers.

I also don't have the full backing of regiments to my benefit so frankly I doubt I'll win, but I'm in this solely because I really want to make this work.

That said, while some candidates certainly havent been serious enough, I feel its important to note that mods should have a sense of humour. You're not going to get very far having discussions with the players youre supposed to be representing if you go about like you have a stick up your ass and cant handle some humour/shitposting. Hopefully the successful candidate knows how to be both serious and humorous where appropriate.
Why am I still here