Author Topic: 187th Legion [Bear Force II]  (Read 3424 times)

Offline Hawke

• Donator
  • Aquila non capit muscas.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hawke
  • Side: Confederacy
187th Legion [Bear Force II]
« on: March 31, 2013, 06:38:10 pm »
187th Legion

Roster
Spoiler
Commanding Officers:
Commander Philip
Major Kletpelle
Captain Hawke

NCO's:

Enlisted:
WIP
[close]

History
The 187th Legion was a legion of clone troopers that served under the command of Jedi Master and High General Mace Windu.
 They were distinguished by the purple markings on their armor, signifying the color of Windu's lightsaber.
The 187th Legion was said to have been present during the Battle of Dantooine, as well as the Battle of Coruscant. Other than Mace Windu, they followed a clone commander.

Battle Records

Battle of Dantooine

The Battle of Dantooine took place during the Clone Wars, four months after the First Battle of Geonosis. Fought on the grassy plains of Dantooine, it pitted a small unit of the Grand Army of the Republic against a massive number of battle droids. The Battle of Dantooine began immediately before the Battle of Muunilinst. During said battle, the Confederacy of Independent Systems used Dantooine as a staging point to launch an attack against the assault ship blockade around the InterGalactic Banking Clan headquarters. However, Jedi Master Mace Windu learned of the Confederate presence on Dantooine, and left with a force of clone troopers to halt the progress of the Separatists.

Count Dooku was also hoping to uncover Rakatas artifacts on the planet. The battle erupted on Dantooine as clones and B2 super battle droids clashed in a vast, open plain. Clones used PLX-1 portable missile launcher to destroy scores of droids, whereas the droids used their own missile launchers to shoot down many gunships and overwhelming numbers to cause many casualties in the clone ranks. However, with Master Windu at their side, the clones slowly gained the upper hand, despite being outnumbered nearly four to one by Confederate super battle droids. However, the battle was suddenly turned upside down with the arrival of a large siege weapon—the seismic tank. This tank used its seismic driver—used for mining operations in peaceful days—to cut a swath through the clone trooper ranks, either crushing them outright or sending soldiers flying from the shockwave, along with taking out a contingent of their own forces. In the confusion, Windu lost his lightsaber, and was forced to fight a number of droids unarmed. The ability with the Force that he showed in that battle has since become legendary: During the fight, he eluded and obliterated droids by multiple Force moves as the Force push, Force speed and the Force wave, a technique so powerful it incapacitated droids within a 50-meter radius, and in one particular fight, Windu disassembled a super battle droid and used its pieces to destroy the other remaining droids.

Battle of Coruscant

The Battle of Coruscant, also known as the First Battle of Coruscant, was a crucial Clone Wars battle in 19 BBY. Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, knowing the Jedi were close to discovering his alter ego, Sith Lord Darth Sidious, ordered his apprentice, Dooku, public leader of the Confederacy of Independent Systems, to kidnap him. The Confederacy, led by General Grievous, swept into the system, catching the Republic completely by surprise. The Confederate Navy hammered the few defending warships, destroying them, before assaulting the planet itself. Meanwhile, Grievous, along with his MagnaGuard droid elite, landed on the planet, heading for Chancellor Palpatine's secret bunker. Grievous fought his way there, leaving destruction in his wake, as several Jedi and dozens of clone troopers were killed. He succeeded in taking Palpatine, before fleeing to his flagship in orbit, the Invisible Hand.

However, the Separatists were unable to leave, as Republic reinforcements had arrived. The two fleets engaged each other, firing volleys back and forth. Two Jedi, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker, who had just arrived at the battle, flew into the heart of it, determined to rescue Palpatine. They succeeded in boarding the Invisible Hand, and after a duel, Skywalker killed Dooku. The duo, along with the now-freed Palpatine, were unable to escape, however, as Grievous's droids captured them. Skywalker and Kenobi were able to best his MagnaGuards, forcing the General to flee. With that, the Separatist fleet retreated, having lost much of their fleet. Chancellor Palpatine was safe in Republic hands. However, the Jedi were unaware that Palpatine had orchestrated the battle, and was also testing Anakin Skywalker, whom he considered a good choice for his apprentice.

Prior to the attack, the Outer Rim Sieges had enmeshed millions of Republic and Separatist warships in vast campaigns in the galaxy's spiral arms. As a result of this, most of the Republic's Jedi were locked up in battles far away from the Core Worlds, and thanks to carefully controlled propaganda, the general populace believed that a total Republic victory was near. With the Republic fleets spread throughout the Outer Rim Territories and the Coruscant Home Fleet depleted and off guard, the Confederates had an opportunity to deal a mighty blow to the Republic by attacking Coruscant. Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, leader of the Republic, was aware that the Jedi were searching for a Darth Sidious, a mysterious Sith Lord who they believed had orchestrated the war. Unknown to them was that Palpatine was Sidious, and he was controlling both sides, in hopes of obtaining his true goal—complete galactic control. Palpatine planned a lightning raid on the planet led by General Grievous, Supreme Commander of the Droid Armies. Grievous assembled an armada of thousands of destroyers and frigates—led by the Providence-class destroyer Invisible Hand—for a strike on Coruscant.

Ranks
Commanding Staff
Commander
Major
Captain
Lieutenant
NCO
Squad Sergeant
Sergeant
Enlisted
Corporal
Trooper
Private
Recruit

Application
Fill this form up and wait until a CO accepts or declines you.
Code
Steam name:
Do you have a working client of TeamSpeak 3?:
Will you obey the commands of your officers?:

Thread by TORN
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 09:20:11 pm by Hawke »

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
  • Side: Neutral
Re: 187th Legion [Bear Force II]
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 07:51:31 pm »
jeez what a lovely thread :p

Good luck

Offline Hawke

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 05:51:15 pm »
We are recruiting!

Offline Gurkha

• Lieutenant General
  • Former 33rd LtCol
    • View Profile
    • Official 33rd Regiment of Foot Website
  • Nick: Gurkha
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 05:53:11 pm »
Good luck! Where did you get those nice images?

Offline Hawke

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 05:54:37 pm »
TORN was nice and made those images.

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 06:29:35 pm »
I also have a picture of your avatar but with transparency

Offline Hawke

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 06:39:01 pm »
Great!
I'll try and stick it onto the thread somewhere, or use it as an avatar.

Offline ACU20

• Private
  • Are you kidding!? I'm right behind you!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Seven
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 09:48:33 pm »
this looks very interesting..and i am tempted to join :P
Heh-Heh-Heh i like when sith go boom.

Offline Hawke

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 09:51:25 pm »
I thought you were with the 152nd, Seven?

Offline ACU20

• Private
  • Are you kidding!? I'm right behind you!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Seven
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 09:54:17 pm »

Quite correct, still very tempted to join by the very fine thread, and overall i've always liked this heavily unknown legion
Heh-Heh-Heh i like when sith go boom.

Offline Hawke

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 10:00:40 pm »
Well, have fun making that choice. :P

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 10:04:35 pm »

Quite correct, still very tempted to join by the very fine thread, and overall i've always liked this heavily unknown legion
now that is an ego boost  ;D

Offline Hawke

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2013, 10:05:28 pm »
TORN, shhh! >:(

Offline Windbusche

• Donator
  • American Vocabulary Trooper
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Windbusche
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2013, 07:46:31 pm »
I helped by existing.

Offline Hawke

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2013, 08:13:24 pm »
Wind, don't concern yourself with such earthly matters.