Author Topic: A response to recently expressed grievances  (Read 25824 times)

Offline Robin_Hood

• Sergeant Major
  • To be British; is to be haughtily honest.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sid the slick sh*t
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: A response to recently expressed grievances
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 10:20:59 pm »
Am I the only one who doesn't care about the Damn regiments, I care more about the admins and think we should Help FSE to create a new way of Choosing admins, My idea is that they should Open a thread to the community asking their opinion on the person Applying and they would then decide Yes or no, Also I think we should Call a vote on the current admins and see the Community's opinion on whether or not they should Keep their Administrative Powers. Finally there should be a Place on the Forums where people Can complain about specific admins if they feel they have been Mistreated.

I don't care about the regiments but I do care about them slapping a gag on peoples usage of an in-game regiment.

Instigating arguments is such a broad term, for all could be potentially and usually innocently participating in this joke of a rule. Post an opinion, someone disagrees and therefore you have instigated an argument. Now, sonny, welcome to the FSE graveyard where we ban you all with our sketchy rules as the tool. And why you say? Because we can, son.

Offline Budzinskiy

• Sergeant
  • I'm retired from MM.I was captain in an Army corp
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Retired_Budzinskiy
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 10:22:03 pm »
In my mind,a lot of regs have got too much influence and we should break it down now.The regs are the regs,there not here to do the police.

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 10:22:24 pm »
It is good that we see recognition coming from the higher FSE representatives. It's long been my desire to tighten up professionalism in the server administration and improve practice. I've always tried to maintain a blank face when admining on the official servers, any sort of opinion expressed is going to fuel some resentment from one side or another. It's best that admins act as robots and simply enforce rules through reiterating the rules, dealing a measured punishment and nothing more. No attention-seeking, no messing around. At least some progress is being made in this response and I'd love to help in some way with shaping a potential 'professionalisation' of the way things are run.
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC

Offline Robin_Hood

• Sergeant Major
  • To be British; is to be haughtily honest.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sid the slick sh*t
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 10:23:24 pm »
In my mind,a lot of regs have got too much influence and we should break it down now.The regs are the regs,there not here to do the police.

That isn't a problem. Regimental leaders can NOT be admins, however.

Instigating arguments is such a broad term, for all could be potentially and usually innocently participating in this joke of a rule. Post an opinion, someone disagrees and therefore you have instigated an argument. Now, sonny, welcome to the FSE graveyard where we ban you all with our sketchy rules as the tool. And why you say? Because we can, son.

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 10:23:32 pm »
Commence the unbans... Also, I want more info on these "representatives"
2. Now, even though we are from now going to step back from these kind of decisions and loosen the grip we try to have over the community, there may be a time in the future when such decisions may need to be made. But it will no longer only be in our hands, instead If such a time comes, we will need a base of respected players who can give an informed opinion on such decisions, before we make them. Thus, we will be instituting a new group of players on our forums, the NW Community Representatives. They will be nominated by the community, and will have access to a new forum board area. If FSE sees a need to make a community altering decision, we will first post the proposal of such in this area, in order to gain necessary community feedback so as to make an informed decision. This place will be carefully watched Their opinions will guide our policy, and allow the community a voice to the FSE management.

We will be setting up the Community Representative Process shortly. I look forward to serious dialogue taking place, with real solutions being found with help from both the administration and the community.

Have patience.

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 10:23:41 pm »
Am I the only one who doesn't care about the Damn regiments, I care more about the admins and think we should Help FSE to create a new way of Choosing admins, My idea is that they should Open a thread to the community asking their opinion on the person Applying and they would then decide Yes or no, Also I think we should Call a vote on the current admins and see the Community's opinion on whether or not they should Keep their Administrative Powers. Finally there should be a Place on the Forums where people Can complain about specific admins if they feel they have been Mistreated.

Go look at the Champions of Europe thread, see how that turned out.

Invester 2012 came 2nd

Offline Ronan6793

• Donator
  • But at what cost?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
  • Nick: Ronan
  • Side: Union
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 10:24:26 pm »

Go look at the Champions of Europe thread, see how that turned out.
It was a Suggestion That appeared as I was Writing it.  First thing to Pop into my head

Offline Treble

• Sergeant Major
  • top kek melee player
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Treble
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2013, 10:24:53 pm »
In my opinion people need to grow up and stop arguing over stuff like this.

It doesn't help when people go around making things worse by feeding the trolls.
And FSE need to get some proper admins who aren't complete and utter trolls.

They also need to get rid big headed grammar nazi tits who do nothing but insult people everywhere they go.

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2013, 10:25:07 pm »
Commence the unbans... Also, I want more info on these "representatives"
2. Now, even though we are from now going to step back from these kind of decisions and loosen the grip we try to have over the community, there may be a time in the future when such decisions may need to be made. But it will no longer only be in our hands, instead If such a time comes, we will need a base of respected players who can give an informed opinion on such decisions, before we make them. Thus, we will be instituting a new group of players on our forums, the NW Community Representatives. They will be nominated by the community, and will have access to a new forum board area. If FSE sees a need to make a community altering decision, we will first post the proposal of such in this area, in order to gain necessary community feedback so as to make an informed decision. This place will be carefully watched Their opinions will guide our policy, and allow the community a voice to the FSE management.

We will be setting up the Community Representative Process shortly. I look forward to serious dialogue taking place, with real solutions being found with help from both the administration and the community.

Have patience.
I understand, just wanted to know a bit more about there duties, and when they'll be starting this process.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2013, 10:25:53 pm »
 Finally we make progress as a whole. Please, though, do not transcript the previous discussion over here. Let us all take a minute and prepare for the future, for whatever it may bring, and let us all hope the community representatives will not be selected out of corruption and personal preferences as has done in the past.

Offline Affjoris

• First Lieutenant
  • Watch out! He has a stick!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Affjoris
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2013, 10:26:09 pm »
The problem is that our criticisms are valid, but we need to state what we want changed. I was community banned for speaking up against the admins
along with daniel and biggun. I don't think that all the FSE team do an incompotent job, for instance I think Hancock does a great job with the bans and unbans
and acts in a professional manner about such things. Here are a few things that I and I hope most of the community want.

- Re-evaluate your management of the community, and how people are watched/moderated/banned.
- Re-consider people who were given admin who may not be up to the task.
- Stop your blatant favourtisim and biased, to uphold the professionalism of FSE as a company.
- Start treating your community like people you want to keep for the sake of your new game
- Give up on your idea of trying to keep the 51st name, honestly it's offensive to other regiments who have contributed just as much.
- Give community managers to completely Neutral memebrs of the community, who wont have as little bias as possible.
- The developers apologise for how they have been running the community recently, and myself, Daniel, Biggun, Cherry and others are unbanned.

-craig

So how many of these things do we actually see in the OP ?

Offline Viktor 90th

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2013, 10:26:14 pm »
People wanted change, not a parliament...

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2013, 10:26:45 pm »
In my opinion people need to grow up and stop arguing over stuff like this.

It doesn't help when people go around making things worse by feeding the trolls.
And FSE need to get some proper admins who aren't complete and utter trolls.

They also need to get rid big headed grammar nazi tits who do nothing but insult people everywhere they go.

The irony

Offline Treble

• Sergeant Major
  • top kek melee player
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Treble
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2013, 10:28:01 pm »
Oh indeed, the Irony. Truth hurts though USE. Someone has to say it to him, he gets away with it.

Offline Jacob

• Alpha Tester
  • Back after a long long time away :)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jacob
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2013, 10:28:41 pm »
I said this on the other thread, but how exactly will the community reps be chosen? as I would like to express my interest in becoming one