Author Topic: Dan's Custom Stuff  (Read 17981 times)

Offline DanP346

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: New animations
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2013, 11:29:24 am »
Swords and pistols use the same animations I think. I plan on doing one for them.

Offline Burakkuada

• First Lieutenant
  • Vince - Unban Tavington.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 17e_WookieeBurak
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2013, 11:30:50 am »
Swords and pistols use the same animations I think. I plan on doing one for them.

It would be cool if you made it so when they walk, they're holding their pistol in their pocket or in the pistol holder

Offline DanP346

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2013, 11:36:35 am »
But you would hold the sword there as well.

Offline Burakkuada

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2013, 11:42:43 am »
But you would hold the sword there as well.

I'm sure a sword doesn't take up the whole belt

Offline Oldest_Guard

• Second Lieutenant
  • Stabber of itty bitty Riflemen
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [25th] Oldest
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2013, 11:50:10 am »
Don't think you can change the animation for running just in melee mode. Blood & Iron did it by changing the animations that it uses to the great sword ones which can only be done through coding.

Don't hold my word to this, but it does in Blood and Iron, so I assume it is possible in NW.
It was just a suggestion though (:

Offline DanP346

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2013, 12:06:27 pm »
Don't think you can change the animation for running just in melee mode. Blood & Iron did it by changing the animations that it uses to the great sword ones which can only be done through coding.

Don't hold my word to this, but it does in Blood and Iron, so I assume it is possible in NW.

Would be nice to do but not without coding which means it wouldn't be compatible with NW. You could have it so that it did it in shooting mode as well though

Offline Paul

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 12:47:27 pm »
Great animations Dan, and do you think it'd be possible for you to turn around the ensigns flags when he marches/runs with it, so it depicts the wind? Eg.
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 11:20:16 am by Paul »

Offline Oldest_Guard

• Second Lieutenant
  • Stabber of itty bitty Riflemen
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [25th] Oldest
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2013, 01:19:33 pm »

Would be nice to do but not without coding which means it wouldn't be compatible with NW. You could have it so that it did it in shooting mode as well though

You could contact the guy from Blood and Iron that wrote the section of code to see if it would be something you are capable of, I assume it isn't that complicated, just a trigger on the melee toggle key which in turn changes the animation, shouldn't be too much at all, I just feel that it will give another level to this set of animations (:

Offline DanP346

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2013, 02:08:00 pm »

You could contact the guy from Blood and Iron that wrote the section of code to see if it would be something you are capable of, I assume it isn't that complicated, just a trigger on the melee toggle key which in turn changes the animation, shouldn't be too much at all, I just feel that it will give another level to this set of animations (:

The problem isn't that i don't know how to do it. If I did do it it wouldn't work with normal NW. You would be kicked from servers for cheating.

Offline Paul

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2013, 02:08:53 pm »

Agreed, I love that animation :D and how refreshing a game feels with a couple of awesome animations.

Offline DanP346

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Dan's Custom Stuffs
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2013, 06:04:03 pm »
Going to start uploading any animations/skins I make if I think they're good enough.
Just made a 73rd Highlanders skin.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
Re: Dan's Custom Stuffs
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2013, 06:16:00 pm »
I really like the skin when you are standing still but once you are starting to walk it seems to be a bit unrealistic, idk
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Burakkuada

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Dan's Custom Stuff
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2013, 10:31:48 pm »
I really like the skin when you are standing still but once you are starting to walk it seems to be a bit unrealistic, idk
+1
It shouldn't be on when their running, that's just silly ::)

Offline Paul

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2013, 09:49:56 am »
I haven't downloaded the textures yet, but what is the problem when you move?
EDIT: Oh I just noticed the plume is red over white as if it were the centre coy, but the wings are flank company wings.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 11:03:44 am by Paul »

AeroNinja

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2013, 12:34:04 pm »
Please make more its so awesome. :o