Author Topic: Giant bullets  (Read 8708 times)

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
  • Side: Union
Giant bullets
« on: May 07, 2013, 01:32:33 am »
This isn't a serious mod, more of a joke, it changes the bullet projectile to be 2000% bigger, which allows you to see them flying through the air, kind of helpful in a way, it would be useful for practicing volleys.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fqth42xqt9cqsbf/mm_cannons.brf
Simply put the file into your Napoleonic Wars resource folder.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 06:29:43 pm by Willhelm »

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Giant bullets
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 02:39:14 am »
I think there was a thread about this already and people were saying it was considered cheating. I don't know if it's a bannable offense though.

Offline TheZach_Attack

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Zach_Attack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 03:03:26 am »
Dayum I hope it isn't bannable, fuckin cray.

Offline dooomninja

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1brig_95th_Maj_dooomninja
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 08:23:53 pm »
I think there was a thread about this already and people were saying it was considered cheating. I don't know if it's a bannable offense though.
that was for arty i don't think bullets are bad really as they are so random it won't really help accuracy, it might help a bit at long range but you are not really going to see what you are doing at short range especially if there are a lot of shots in the air
ಠ_ರೃ Quite!
2 most satisfying shots- a rider off a moving horse and officers who think they are safe :b

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 08:56:01 pm »
it is considerd cheating for artillery.
For muskets though I don't have a clue.

Offline The Nutty Pig

• Donator
  • It wasn't easy being cheesy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 09:55:39 pm »
Looks really annoying, imagine this mixed with the cannonball one in a seige, it would be crazy

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
  • Overlord of the 00th Regiment, Time and Space.
    • View Profile
    • www.PlanetThundersnow.com
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 07:36:32 pm »
Can someone with this mod do some bullet drop testing and stick it on youtube?

Like, for each test shoot 20x, shooting 100 yards straight ahead, shooting 100 yards uphill, downhill, shooting immediately versus shooting after 3 seconds, 5 seconds, etc

Thanks!!

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 08:51:21 pm »
Can someone with this mod do some bullet drop testing and stick it on youtube?

Like, for each test shoot 20x, shooting 100 yards straight ahead, shooting 100 yards uphill, downhill, shooting immediately versus shooting after 3 seconds, 5 seconds, etc

Thanks!!

I may do something like that when I get home. There definitely is bullet drop - I can tell you that after using this mod for a few weeks.

Offline Blobmania

• Major
  • Damn Sexy.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blobmania
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 09:08:21 pm »
The visible bullets in no way represent the actual path of the bullet, so this is purely cosmetic. When you fire a musket/rifle, two bullets are generated - the visible one (shown enlarged in the above image), and the "actual" one that uses realistic projectile values and causes the damage. Or so I've been told by the dev team.
Spoiler
[close]

If a cat sits in a box in the woods and no-one is around to hear it, is it alive?

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 09:17:09 pm »
The visible bullets in no way represent the actual path of the bullet, so this is purely cosmetic. When you fire a musket/rifle, two bullets are generated - the visible one (shown enlarged in the above image), and the "actual" one that uses realistic projectile values and causes the damage. Or so I've been told by the dev team.

They do seem to go in basically the same direction and hit the same places though - or at least to an extent where it wouldn't be possible for the human eye to register the difference. In every occasion when I got a hit the bullet has visually hit the person as well.

Offline Blobmania

• Major
  • Damn Sexy.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blobmania
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 09:27:30 pm »
I don't play the game a great deal anymore, so I can't comment further than what I've been told and my experiences from when I was last in a regiment (back before the 51st disbanded), so it could have changed since then. Still if it works for you, then a lot of people would likely be interested in some proper testing of bullet drop.
Spoiler
[close]

If a cat sits in a box in the woods and no-one is around to hear it, is it alive?

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
  • Overlord of the 00th Regiment, Time and Space.
    • View Profile
    • www.PlanetThundersnow.com
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2013, 04:57:58 am »
So is the secondary, 'actual' bullet represented by the tufts of smoke on the ground when they miss, or is that still part of the first 'fake' bullet?

Offline Paul

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2013, 05:56:50 am »
What I've noticed about the tufts of smoke is: I get a headshot and I see a little tuft of smoke slightly left of the person's head  (on the ground, on the hill behind him)I shot as if it penetrated through, but maybe thats one of these 'fake bullets.'

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
  • Side: Union
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 07:16:41 pm »

I don't think thats right, in native you can adjust your shot by where the arrow or bolt goes, and since firearms are just modified crossbows it shouldn't be any different, also if you change the stats of the gun the bullets path visibly changes too, if i put shoot speed up the bullet flies way quicker, if i put accuracy down they all have a looser grouping when volley fired, so i think it does represent the real bullet.

Offline Japan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Japan
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 07:45:50 pm »
Spoiler

I don't think thats right, in native you can adjust your shot by where the arrow or bolt goes, and since firearms are just modified crossbows it shouldn't be any different, also if you change the stats of the gun the bullets path visibly changes too, if i put shoot speed up the bullet flies way quicker, if i put accuracy down they all have a looser grouping when volley fired, so i think it does represent the real bullet.
[close]
Now since I somewhat think about it. The bullets actually would travel really far.Probably across the map.Their velocity is the same as WFAS, and people can snipe each other from across the map(Their musket is super accurate compared to NW, and those muskets in WFAS were made in the 1600s!). The difference is that the musket in NW is so inaccurate that the bullet just usually goes around the target.