Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 94769 times)

Offline HipsterRich

• Sergeant
  • Put something useful here
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #210 on: August 27, 2014, 05:37:35 pm »
I speak on behalf of the 2nd Regiment that we wish to see if it has any plans for a map made based in a city like Berlin. A town with mostly just housings and shooting. Like in Saving Private Ryan where they took firing inside the building, as I shot a few germans as a LMG inside the house brought me many joys. If we had more of inside building combat and maybe a map focusing in inside combat and fair bit of outside combat of the buildings. I'm sure many people would bum it.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
  • Royal Engineers Commander and IE Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 27, 2014, 06:40:20 pm »
I speak on behalf of the 2nd Regiment that we wish to see if it has any plans for a map made based in a city like Berlin. A town with mostly just housings and shooting. Like in Saving Private Ryan where they took firing inside the building, as I shot a few germans as a LMG inside the house brought me many joys. If we had more of inside building combat and maybe a map focusing in inside combat and fair bit of outside combat of the buildings. I'm sure many people would bum it.

Spoiler
[close]

Yeah... this is ww1... It was mostly outside combat especially during this period. We could make some town maps but I don't know how historical as most towns were blown to pieces before we even got to them...

Offline HipsterRich

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 27, 2014, 06:53:15 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

Yeah... this is ww1... It was mostly outside combat especially during this period. We could make some town maps but I don't know how historical as most towns were blown to pieces before we even got to them...

Aye well I'm no historian but I'm sure many people would love a town combat. I mean I'm talking a map focused spending few hours a week/day for a month for perfection.

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 27, 2014, 07:06:08 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

Aye well I'm no historian but I'm sure many people would love a town combat. I mean I'm talking a map focused spending few hours a week/day for a month for perfection.

I'll see what I can do for yah and plan a map out and see what they think but I can't promise anything.

Offline HipsterRich

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 27, 2014, 07:10:00 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

Cheers mate for trying for us anyways!

I'll see what I can do for yah and plan a map out and see what they think but I can't promise anything.

Offline Baillie

• Second Lieutenant
  • Baillie
    • View Profile
    • Iron Europe
  • Nick: Baillie
« Reply #215 on: August 28, 2014, 02:21:40 am »
On the topic of urban combat, here's a film that opens with a small skirmish in what seems to be a village! It's a pretty graphic movie, but I'd recommend it!

http://youtu.be/_lBsZSUY2UY?t=1m25s

Edit: And Lolman, feel free to do a very urban map ;D

Ill message you on steam at a later date :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 02:23:52 am by Baillie »
Steam profile.                    Iron Europe Developer.
NW Immersion Mod. -  UPDATE RELEASED 26/09/2015

Offline ZuS

• Sergeant Major
  • ,,Chciałem dobrze, a wyszło jak zwykle"-Hubal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ZuS
« Reply #216 on: August 28, 2014, 02:34:03 am »
about aniamtions and warcryes... maybe you shall do as in the PW mod. For example in the PW mod they made something like you press "-" and you've got whole the menu with different animations and warcryes. Also c-rpg has it. It would be very good in game.

I hate you 5pp. Everytime I think "yay I realized a nice application with nice pictures which show the 7e blablabla", you guys arrive and just destroy all my hopes with your magnificient posts.

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #217 on: August 28, 2014, 02:56:42 am »
Ah.....If there ever was an era for Canada to be proud of its this one. The best dam fighting force in the whole war :) Plz give Canadian units op buffs because they were 2 op irl.

Edit: Passchendaele was fought mostly in the ruins of a town called Passchendaele. Also I love how the say Wipers instead of Ypres :) That's what soldiers called it due to how hard it was to pronounce the name.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 03:06:56 am by Conway »

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
« Reply #218 on: August 28, 2014, 08:19:10 am »
The movie is horrible though, in terms of historical accuracy and realism.

Offline LordAdder

• First Lieutenant
  • I LOVE the round things!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: John_Adder
« Reply #219 on: August 28, 2014, 02:54:16 pm »
The movie is horrible though, in terms of historical accuracy and realism.

I thought it was a good film, but really sucked at the end with the whole random religious thing

Offline hardcorefreestyleboy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Yes the name is supposed to be RAINBOWLIKE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: GERRY
« Reply #220 on: August 28, 2014, 09:46:38 pm »
Passchendaele was hardly more than a bunch of ruins when it came to urban fighting.. Arras would be a good urban map though

3 things I would love to see:
-corpse scene props (like the rotten corpses in the mud in flandern)
-A more muddy and wet ground texture for certain maps! (The passchendaele map looks way too dry in my opinion)
-fo britains sniper i would love to see the ross rifle! It was popular as a sniper rifle because of the accuracy. ( On the other side it wasnt useful at all in the wet and dirty trenches)
Gerry is butiful!!!

Offline ThePatriot98

• Lieutenant General
  • FOR THE UNION!!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USADominic
  • Side: Union
« Reply #221 on: February 11, 2015, 12:13:58 am »
Austria/Hungary Faction to be added? I think it would be good idea, since AH started the hole world war 1, the least the devs can do is put them in lol
Major of the 11th New York Volunteer Infantry Regiment, 1st Division, 2nd "Eagle" Brigade

Offline OttoFIN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 11, 2015, 09:47:27 am »
I know somebody is gonna post this soon..
Spoiler
Get ready
Spoiler
Spoiler
Serbia stronk, add Serbia faction pls
[close]
[close]
[close]

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 12, 2015, 12:24:03 am »
Austria/Hungary Faction to be added? I think it would be good idea, since AH started the hole world war 1, the least the devs can do is put them in lol

We are hoping on putting them in eventually (don't know when). Might even have some cool alps maps for them. ;)

Offline hardcorefreestyleboy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Yes the name is supposed to be RAINBOWLIKE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: GERRY
« Reply #224 on: February 12, 2015, 02:26:31 pm »
I think the mod should have been in WW1 eastern front from the beginning on. Why?

1. If you had only included germany and russia it wouldnt have felt as unfinished as it is now without britain because AH fought in other parts of the front.

2. Maps would be much easier to make because it wasnt all mud and trenches.

3. Cavalry. Cavalry was still an important thing in early eastern front. NW mods without cav simply lack something.
Gerry is butiful!!!